List of top 20 things destroying America

If you have seen the two bridges I have mentioned in person, you would know why.

They're just 'fixer-upers.' They can be made serviceable for another 15 years or so.

Not really. The Kousciousco is functonally obsolete, as a bridge high enough for sailing masts to pass by is no longer really needed. it can be made lower, thus eliminating the need for all that structural steel elevating it, and thus saving on future maintenance, not to mention the brake pads of millions of motorists.

Plus the new tappan zee is supposed to have the ability to add rail/tram tracks, adding to the mass transit infrastructure in the region.

Its time to replace them, as 15 year maintenance cycles are no longer viable.

Eh, try a little duct tape before going to extreme measures.

Ask yourself if you see the Hoover Dam, Old River Control Structure, or the Colorado Aqueduct being buit in this regulatory climate?

We probably wouldn't build those today for other reasons anyway. I think we should focus on getting the regulatory boot off the neck of small businesses before we worry too much about giant dams and such.

If we didnt build ORCS, the Mississippi river would have changed directions, thus ruining New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and a large portion of americas's heavy industry. It would decimate the crawfish industry, and innundate Morgan City LA.

No Colorado Aqueduct would have destroyed development in Southern California.

No Hoover Dam, and millions of people lose water and power.

They're just 'fixer-upers.' They can be made serviceable for another 15 years or so.

Not really. The Kousciousco is functonally obsolete, as a bridge high enough for sailing masts to pass by is no longer really needed. it can be made lower, thus eliminating the need for all that structural steel elevating it, and thus saving on future maintenance, not to mention the brake pads of millions of motorists.

Plus the new tappan zee is supposed to have the ability to add rail/tram tracks, adding to the mass transit infrastructure in the region.

Please tell me you don't have an Engineering Degree.

Ask yourself if you see the Hoover Dam, Old River Control Structure, or the Colorado Aqueduct being buit in this regulatory climate?

We probably wouldn't build those today for other reasons anyway. I think we should focus on getting the regulatory boot off the neck of small businesses before we worry too much about giant dams and such.

If we didnt build ORCS, the Mississippi river would have changed directions, thus ruining New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and a large portion of americas's heavy industry. It would decimate the crawfish industry, and innundate Morgan City LA.

They all seemed like (and probably were) good ideas at the time, but all have had wide-ranging and significant unintended consequences.

Please tell me you don't have an Engineering Degree.

Sir, I'll have you know that the Online Engineering College of Santa Lucía Cotzumalguapa is a highly respected institution that may one day apply for accreditation.

hmm...what are the top 20 obstacles facing this country right now?

Political partisanship and gridlock on even the most minor legislation

Fall out from the Citizen United Ruling

Growing anti-Muslim sentiment and scape-goating

Technology advancing faster than our ability as a people to truly understand it's ramifications

Social media and how it will fit into our culture, education, interpersonal relationships-

Globalization - this kind of fits with the above - social media and technology puts us in intimate contact with the rest of the world and makes it harder to ignore events that don't directly effect us whether for better or worse.

Aging infrastructure and industries.

Biological and technical advances where we haven't worked out the ethics for or the potential long term "unintended consequences".

The changing balance of powers around the world: China, India, Brazil - new nations gaining economic strength. What will it mean for us?

The increasing instability in the Middle East - no one yet knows where these emergent democracies will lead or if it will result in sectarian chaos.

Pakistan's instability combined with nukes.

Lack of critical thinking skills being taught in a media rich world

A large aging population

The high cost of education

An education system that continues to cram to many kids into large centralized district classrooms instead of neighborhood schools.

Deforestation

Climate change

National Debt

Cost of medical care

Obesity

This is stemming off of another thread. I want to ask all of you... what are the top 20 obstacles facing this country right now?

I'm posting this to hopefully prove a point to someone else on this site but I'm sure it will go terribly wrong :razz:

I'll start:

The deficit
threat of terrorism
rise of China
weakening of europe
partisanship between Democrats and Republicans
the state of the media

Carry on.

And don't just say "Obama" you can do better than that.

1. Tea baggers
2. Libertarians
3. Republicans
4. Conservatives
5. Fundamentalist Christians
6. American Idol
7. Hurricanes
8. Tornadoes
9. The University of Alabama varsity football team
10. Cicadas
11. Tea baggers
12. Libertarians
13. Republicans
14. Conservatives
15. Fundamentalist Christians
16. Tea baggers
17. Libertarians
18. Republicans
19. Conservatives
20. Talk Radio

Political Correctness
affirmative action
to name two!

Last edited:
Political Correctness
affirmative action
to name two!

That's the dumbest thing I've heard today. You whiny bitches have been crying about "political correctness" for like 20 years now. Holy fucking shit when will it stop? Do I seriously have to listen to another teabagger whine about how he can't say the N word or about how he doesn't like having to have to pick English when he uses an ATM or about how he knows a guy who didn't get a job because he was white? My Lord you fucks are a bunch of drama queens. Give it a rest and just shut the fuck up.

Last edited:
This is stemming off of another thread. I want to ask all of you... what are the top 20 obstacles facing this country right now?

I'm posting this to hopefully prove a point to someone else on this site but I'm sure it will go terribly wrong :razz:

I'll start:

The deficit
threat of terrorism
rise of China
weakening of europe
the state of the media

Carry on.

1. Tea baggers
2. Libertarians
3. Republicans
4. Conservatives
6. American Idol
7. Hurricanes
8. Tornadoes
10. Cicadas
11. Tea baggers
12. Libertarians
13. Republicans
14. Conservatives
16. Tea baggers
17. Libertarians
18. Republicans
19. Conservatives
20. Talk Radio

Damn I only had two and you said I was whining!
Although I have to agree with your assessment of University of Alabama varsity football team and Nick Saban

They all seemed like (and probably were) good ideas at the time, but all have had wide-ranging and significant unintended consequences.

That can describe basically everything we do.

I'll start:

The deficit
threat of terrorism
rise of China
weakening of europe
the state of the media

Carry on.

1. Tea baggers
2. Libertarians
3. Republicans
4. Conservatives
6. American Idol
7. Hurricanes
8. Tornadoes
10. Cicadas
11. Tea baggers
12. Libertarians
13. Republicans
14. Conservatives
16. Tea baggers
17. Libertarians
18. Republicans
19. Conservatives
20. Talk Radio

Although I have to agree with your assessment of University of Alabama varsity football team and Nick Saban

What about American Idol?

1. Tea baggers
2. Libertarians
3. Republicans
4. Conservatives
6. American Idol
7. Hurricanes
8. Tornadoes
10. Cicadas
11. Tea baggers
12. Libertarians
13. Republicans
14. Conservatives
16. Tea baggers
17. Libertarians
18. Republicans
19. Conservatives
20. Talk Radio

What about American Idol?

We agree again :) American Idol: “utterly without socially redeeming value”

I'll provide the only 2 answers needed and it's based on pure fact.

1a: Republicans
1b: Democrats

Every bail out, every bad policy, every law, every division given speech, every anti constitutional war.... every deficit spent dollar is due to both of these parties working in complete cooperation.

I'll start:

The deficit
threat of terrorism
rise of China
weakening of europe
the state of the media

Carry on.

1. Tea baggers
2. Libertarians
3. Republicans
4. Conservatives
6. American Idol
7. Hurricanes
8. Tornadoes
10. Cicadas
11. Tea baggers
12. Libertarians
13. Republicans
14. Conservatives
16. Tea baggers
17. Libertarians
18. Republicans
19. Conservatives
20. Talk Radio

After reading your post I have this question... Ooopydoopypop, how would you describe a "political hack." Someone that is "blinded with party partisanship?"

Go on now, I'm curious what qualities you feel someone like that would display.

1. powerful rich/industrialists
2. too many wars, internal and external
3.too many idle non- workers
4. political polarization
5. poor Congressional cooperation.

Forum List

Back