List solutions for increased security for schools here.

Let's make this simple. Hardening a target is fairly simple.

1. Limit access points.

2. Add armed security. Veterans are preferable as they have made the tough life and death choices in combat and have been trained. Train them and keep them up to date on latest police policies. Train with police often.

3. Train teachers in firearms. Those who want to and are comfortable with being armed.

4. Drills.. Practice, Practice, Practice...

5. Discipline. Both teachers and students. Anyone who blocks open a door or otherwise defeats safety protocols and practices.

Not every incident can be avoided but simply following procedures will keep most from happening. Be a friend to your students and LISTEN.. MAKE TIME FOR IT. 99% of these incidents the students are worried about. They will tell you if you take the time to make their concerns important.
one of the problems I have with ex military doing this is they are trained to kill and break things and unintended deaths are not a concern

I'd add defense training for teachers and workers who volunteer for it. Along with non lethal ways that could help if they don't want guns. Bear Mace and such. Fire Extinguishers.

Basic training on self defense.
That is actually a good add. Even if a teacher is uncomfortable with firearms they can use other less than lethal force items. Its definitely a item to look at.

one of the problems I have with ex military doing this is they are trained to kill and break things and unintended deaths are not a concern
Unintended deaths............Ex military if you hire the right ones are EXPERTS of shooting in crowded places. Spec ops especially. Seals use to joke about the other armed forces. We bring hostages home alive the others bring back corpses........Not kidding here ......lol

You have never served, have you? Do you know what an ROE is? Rules Of Engagement. These men and women have had their hands tied behind their backs over in combat. They know how to act.
have you not looked at the stats from all the previous wars we have had and seen the noncombatants killed??

have you not looked at the stats from all the previous wars we have had and seen the noncombatants killed??
Your talking war not a controlled area. Many of our troops will not hesitate, unlike the police chief. They are highly trained and know how to deal with threats. You simply don't know what you're talking about. IN war your dealing with explosives and ordinance. Items that, at the moment, are not a concern for us.

Non combatants are killed by the police too. There is no perfect solution to any of this.
Just like the training this chief failed to use, protection of lives that otherwise will end. You have 1/10 of one second to decide to shoot or not to shoot. There is no perfect answer, letting the gunman continue is also unacceptable. Which choice protects the most lives? IT IS A DAMN TOUGH CALL TO MAKE.

Your talking war not a controlled area. Many of our troops will not hesitate, unlike the police chief. They are highly trained and know how to deal with threats. You simply don't know what you're talking about. IN war your dealing with explosives and ordinance. Items that, at the moment, are not a concern for us.
I am talking about their training,,

military are trained to kill and break with little to no regard for consequences,,
of course there could be a few that could handle the problem without civilian casualties but why make the problem worse

Just like the training this chief failed to use, protection of lives that otherwise will end. You have 1/10 of one second to decide to shoot or not to shoot. There is no perfect answer, letting the gunman continue is also unacceptable. Which choice protects the most lives? IT IS A DAMN TOUGH CALL TO MAKE.
ex military would be more than likely to take on the shooter no matter the odds when the shit gets real. Most would NEVER RUN.,

1. limit the Size of a Classroom to fifteen students and retrofit the classroom with a Safe Room where the kids and teacher can hide until the all clear is given.

2. Doors should be with automatic locks from a control room in the office.

3. Windows and Doors should have rolling shutters to come down inside the classroom.

4. The Principal, Vice Principal, Office Workers and Gym Teachers should take fire arm training, and self defense training.

5. All Schools should have two Security Officers…

I am talking about their training,,

military are trained to kill and break with little to no regard for consequences,,
of course there could be a few that could handle the problem without civilian casualties but why make the problem worse
You are soooooo wrong.

Our seals and rangers can pick people out of crowds and not touch a NON-Com. You are really out there on this. You need to spend a weak with a seal team. they will change your opinion in a heart beat.

You are soooooo wrong.

Our seals and rangers can pick people out of crowds and not touch a NON-Com. You are really out there on this. You need to spend a weak with a seal team. they will change your opinion in a heart beat.
I just said there are a few that could do the job,,
they arent my concern,,
how about instead of over reacting we start with teachers and admin and see what that gets us before we introduce battle harden men that have killed dozens of people??

You are soooooo wrong.

They are calm cool and collect. They were nice people. But you wouldn't want to piss them off........

I loved how hey set up fake bombs on the boat for training.........one would set traps and the others would try to beat them. That is how they cured boredom.

Forum List

Back