Listen to the exact words in the exact books Democrats want in our public school libraries

It is refreshing and rare to converse with someone on USMB that actually has some knowledge of what they write.

It seems to me that LGBQT kids are at greater risk than other kids. Is that not true?

Researchers find disparities in suicide risk among lesbian, gay, and bisexual adults

More than 60% of suicide attempts among LGBQ people happen within five years of realizing they are LGBQ

or this:
Research shows that lesbian, gay, bi, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) teens are at increased risk of suicide and mental health issues like depression and anxiety. One of the most startling statistics: LGBTQ teens consider suicide and make suicide attempts at about four times the national rate for all adolescents.
All this is recent. Assuming that there were homosexual teens 50 years ago, they did not commit suicide. Child suicide was rare. In all my years in school and as many schools as I went to, I never heard of one. Now it's epidemic.

Sex, graphic, explicit sex has become a cudgel to beat children over the head. Daily. Teachers think more about children's sex lives than children do. Maybe that 7 year old doesn't want his ass drilled. Maybe he wants to play ball.

The absolute criminal part of this insanity is that there is no off ramp. There is no "yesterday I wanted to be a girl. Today I want to be a fireman". Arrest those parents. They are interfering. Increase the boy's hormones until these thoughts go away. Sometimes it is those children that commit suicide.

That’s a bs argument. Maybe YOU didn’t give a shit what your kids were exposed to, others do. What makes you think YOU can make the choices for them?
Howzabout we make the Bible and Lawn Boy off limits for under 12s in school liberries?

Deal?

:)

It certainly was cringe worthy but many things are cringe worthy but there may be children that need to here it. If a child asks about the subject what should our reaction be?
There is movement by the Right to limit what children can read about slavery. That period was cringe worthy but that knowledge is valuable. The Holocaust was cringe worthy but that knowledge too is valuable. Where is the line? Violence is OK but sex is not?
Conservatives will decide where the line is without any input from perverts and sickos!!!!

Perverts/Sickos = Anyone who thinks differently from conservatives

Two responses to "what about the Bible?"

First, none of the passages in the bible that talk about sex are nearly as explicit as the details in "Lawn Boy," "Gender Queer" and "All Boys aren't Blue."
The Bible isn't a no-go for under 12s for those reasons; the reasons have been explained at length, though nowhere near exhaustively.
Instead it has phrases like "Adam knew Eve, and she conceived," and "the firstborn went in and lay with her father."
See above.
That is much different from "I pulled out of him and kissed him while he masturbated," and "pleasure mixed in with the pain." The bible briefly mentions that sex acts occurred, it does not explicitely describe them for the purpose of arousing the reader.
See above.
Second, if a librarian decided that topics such as incest, rape, adultery, drunkeness are not approprate at an elementary library or junior high library, and shelved instead a children's version of the Bible, as are used in Sunday Schools, I would have no objection to that.
So you want to censor the Bible?

I'm not okay with that for a number of reasons.

I just think under 12s shouldn't be exposed to it.
I'm not going to scream that she is a "book burner," or any of the other nonsense directed at people who want their tax money spent on appropriate materials.
"Appropriate" seems to have differing definitions.

In this case, just keep the Bible & Lawn Boy out of the hands of under 12s in schools. :)

It’s not about being a tough guy….At my age, I avoid physical violence…But, this is so wrong, we have to question why now? All of the sudden you want teens to be taught filth instead of math or science?
So no Bible?

You ABSOLUTELY ARE the word we are not allowed to use here.
Intelligent?

I think we can say that. :)
Is there ANYTHING good in a Democrats soul.
Sure; they've been behaving badly of late, but they mean well. :)
.it would be better for you if you and your vile ilk were silent in these threads. You've exposed yourself
As thoughtful and in support of the 1st.

Shameful.

Not surprised with your fag power avatar
Oh my.

There's that virulent homophobia.

Color me not shocked.

No, I didn’t say I was weak, that’s you lying….

So, to you it’s more important to push agenda on our kids, than to actually teach the subjects I mentioned….sad really.
No Bible or Lawn Boy for under 12s in school libraries - deal? :)

So, now you’re making the context argument. What context would a father of a 15 year old girl, think it’s ok to teach his daughter how to undertake anal sex…?
:eek:

Where do y'all get this insane fantasies from?
And, are you really arguing that the only way to improve literacy in the schools is to use this filth to do it?
Ban all books from schools & their libraries!

Dewey was an anti-Semite after all. :)

I'll address it.

What factors make it a need for a child to hear:

"I pulled out of him and kissed him while he masturbated . . . he pushed inside me and it was the worst pain I ever felt. But gradually pleasure mixed in with he pain."

When does the need for a child to hear this arise?

"our" reaction is not what is needed. The child's parents are responsible for answering questions like that, based on their own values and understanding of the topic.

When my children asked about "boys who like boys," I explained that the majority of people are attracted to members of the opposite sex, and that we are designed that way so that we can reproduce, but that there's always a ten-percent contrarian factor (a phrase I used a lot with them), and that some people are attracted to people of the same sex.

They never asked "what do they do with each other?" If they had, I would have explained it the same way I did when explaining heterosexual sex, giving them as much detail as they needed, but not dwelling on it.

You likely explained it much differently to your kids, and I am fine with that. That's what I don't get. Why the need to control how I talk to my kids, or to use the public schools to re-educate them from my own teaching?

It sure looks like being controlling out of lack of confidence in your own values.

What are those people trying to limit about slavery and the holocaust? Do you have video of a Senator reading passages about slavery or the Holocaust that he objects to?
Some thoughtful comments. :)

This is all solved by keeping the Bible and Lawn Boy out of elementary school libraries.

I'm guessing Lawn Boy isn't in elementary school libraries, so if we can just get the Bible out, we're good.

Better yet allow me to let the author explain. This is the passage of their book that comes right after the anal sex.

I can't say I didn't enjoy it, because I did. But it was painful for sure. In those few minutes though, I can say that he was gentle. His aim wasn't to hurt me, and my aim was for him to be pleasured, too. He didn't last long inside of me, thankfully. He gave me a kiss before he pulled out. I didn't stay long, nor did I masturbate after. I was in a state of shock. I just wanted to get back home.

The next morning, me and my line brothers were planning to travel to Jersey for my birthday and I had to drive. But, I was in pain. I told them what I had done before getting on the road, they picked up some Tylenol for me and explained, "It will take time to get used to it." They were proud though. I had earned another gay badge of honor like it was the Boy Scouts or something.

I was in pain for nearly three weeks following that encounter and too afraid to go to the doctor for help because I would have had to tell them I had been having anal sex. So, like most trauma in my life, I sucked it up and dealt with the pain until my body healed. I didn't have sex for several months following that encounter.

But after a while, I got the courage to try it again, but this time I went into it much more prepared. With each time I learned more about my body and the power to say, "No, that hurts." Sex should be pleasurable. And there are safe ways to ensure that. Like they say, Practice makes perfect, and I eventually got a lot of practice.

I often imagine what my first sexual experiences would have been like had I been given the ability to learn about what queer sex was when all my straight friends and classmates got to learn about what it looked like for them. My queer sexuality was one big, risky crash course, much like other aspects of my queer existence.

There is so much danger in not providing proper education about sex to kids, especially for those who are having sex outside of the heteronormative boxes.

Now does that seem like an entry into penthouse forum or a young man sharing an experience that he wishes he had been better prepared for?
^ Thread co-winner.

Wait just a minute here…they’re not your kids.

The parents should have the final say in ALL matters until they are adults.
So if a parent feels that beating their kids with a broomstick is okay, no intervention?

That's sensible...

...said no decent person ever.

As soon as I thought she was capable of understanding. For my daughter that was fairly early on. She's a smart cookie. We spoke about inappropriate touching when she was pretty young. Also I had her at 19 so I wanted her to avoid following in my footsteps so I'd say we probably started having more nuanced conversations about sex around 13 or 14.
^ Mad respect. :)

Forum List

Back