🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Live Montana results... Looks like Gianforte is going to win

This dude has whipped two Bolshevik Assholes in 24 hours....Shows dash...I hope he will go to Washington and tell Paul Ryan he ain't just going to be another Pussy-Republican.

If the House expels Gianforte for criminal assault, I bet he'd be able to win again in the special election. #Montana

Criminal assault? WTF is that? He was charged with a misdemeanor.

Only because of a corrupt law officer. He should have recused himself since he contributed to Gianforte's campaign. A clear violation of ethics.

The judge may be a contributor too, or not!

If any members of the jury voted for him, it will likely be a hung jury.

If the House expels Gianforte for criminal assault, I bet he'd be able to win again in the special election. #Montana

Only because of a corrupt law officer. He should have recused himself since he contributed to Gianforte's campaign. A clear violation of ethics.

Busy is just a sore loser.

Busy is just a sore loser.

Second that!

On a note aside

Montana is such a gorgeous state........gorgeous! (never been there but omg! the photos)

Montana sunrise....

It is beautiful. I've hiked all over the northwest fly-fishing the back country.

Maybe you could answer a question for me! Why do people fish for flies? Don't we have enough buzzing around Democrats like the horse's asses they are?

Fish for flies? Lol. The further you go in the back country, the more they bite.....sometimes the brown trout do!

While putting this reporter in his place was probably the wrong thing to do, I have to say I don't feel sorry for that reporter.
Karma is a bitch

On a note aside

Montana is such a gorgeous state........gorgeous! (never been there but omg! the photos)

Montana sunrise....

It is beautiful. I've hiked all over the northwest fly-fishing the back country.

Maybe you could answer a question for me! Why do people fish for flies? Don't we have enough buzzing around Democrats like the horse's asses they are?

Fish for flies? Lol. The further you go in the back country, the more they bite.....sometimes the brown trout do!

I have always been accused of fishing for squirrels myself.

020116pelosi.jpg

lol.gif

Live Election Results: Montana’s At-Large Congressional District

It looks like in most of the remaining precincts, Trump won by large margins.

Certainly he's going to win--we're talking MONTANA for god's sake--LOL But I don't know how good it's going to be for the Republican party as a whole--when he goes to court to face assault charges. This article explains it.

"What's beyond debate is that, according to Jacobs and multiple eyewitnesses, Gianforte grabbed the reporter by the throat and threw him to the ground -- screaming "sick and tired of you guys ... get the hell out of here."

While Gianforte's campaign put out a statement -- ludicrous on its face -- blaming Jacobs for his "aggressive" reporting tactics, the Gallatin County Sheriff's Office decided that the evidence was clear, charging the Montana Republican nominee with misdemeanor assault.

At this point, however, a Gianforte loss -- which would have been considered a total disaster by national Republicans as recently as 24 hours ago -- might wind up being the best possible outcome for the party.

Speaker Paul Ryan said Thursday that Gianforte should apologize. But he rejected the idea that he or Republican leadership would intervene if Gianforte wins. "I am going to let the people of Monana decide who they want to represent them," said Ryan.
National Republican Congressional Committee Chairman Steve Stivers sounded even more conciliatory. "From what I know of Greg Gianforte, this was totally out of character, but we all make mistakes," he said.

If Gianforte loses, he -- and the story -- disappear. Republicans would immediately blame his last-minute implosion for the defeat, allowing them to avoid the idea that the race should be properly read as a national referendum on Trump and the recently-passed American Health Care Act. (Worth noting: Before Gianforte's choke-slam on Jacobs, the race had been tightening due to the corroding national environment for Republicans.)

Now, consider what happens if Gianforte wins. Some time between now and June 7, he will have to appear in court to face the assault charge. And based on the audio provided by Jacobs as well as the eyewitness reports from a Fox News crew, it's hard to see how he doesn't get convicted.

What do Republicans do then? Every member of leadership will be asked, daily, whether seating Gianforte represents a willingness to look the other way. And for a party already struggling with branding issues, that's not the sort of story House Republicans need bouncing around Washington.

Greg Gianforte's assault charge puts Republicans in a lose-lose situation in Montana - CNNPolitics.com

th

Democrats are certain to capitalize on this--if House Republicans allow him to be seated.

Last edited:

Certainly he's going to win--we're talking MONTANA for god's sake--LOL But I don't know how good it's going to be for the Republican party as a whole--when he goes to court to face assault charges. This article explains it.

"What's beyond debate is that, according to Jacobs and multiple eyewitnesses, Gianforte grabbed the reporter by the throat and threw him to the ground -- screaming "sick and tired of you guys ... get the hell out of here."

While Gianforte's campaign put out a statement -- ludicrous on its face -- blaming Jacobs for his "aggressive" reporting tactics, the Gallatin County Sheriff's Office decided that the evidence was clear, charging the Montana Republican nominee with misdemeanor assault.

At this point, however, a Gianforte loss -- which would have been considered a total disaster by national Republicans as recently as 24 hours ago -- might wind up being the best possible outcome for the party.

Speaker Paul Ryan said Thursday that Gianforte should apologize. But he rejected the idea that he or Republican leadership would intervene if Gianforte wins. "I am going to let the people of Monana decide who they want to represent them," said Ryan.
National Republican Congressional Committee Chairman Steve Stivers sounded even more conciliatory. "From what I know of Greg Gianforte, this was totally out of character, but we all make mistakes," he said.

If Gianforte loses, he -- and the story -- disappear. Republicans would immediately blame his last-minute implosion for the defeat, allowing them to avoid the idea that the race should be properly read as a national referendum on Trump and the recently-passed American Health Care Act. (Worth noting: Before Gianforte's choke-slam on Jacobs, the race had been tightening due to the corroding national environment for Republicans.)

Now, consider what happens if Gianforte wins. Some time between now and June 7, he will have to appear in court to face the assault charge. And based on the audio provided by Jacobs as well as the eyewitness reports from a Fox News crew, it's hard to see how he doesn't get convicted.

What do Republicans do then? Every member of leadership will be asked, daily, whether seating Gianforte represents a willingness to look the other way. And for a party already struggling with branding issues, that's not the sort of story House Republicans need bouncing around Washington.

Greg Gianforte's assault charge puts Republicans in a lose-lose situation in Montana - CNNPolitics.com
Doesn't make a difference if he is found guilty or not. He doesn't have to give up his seat because of a misdeamenor conviction.

Simple assault carries a fine of less then 200 dollars! I'll pay that if he needs it.

Forum List

Back