Liz Gets Real: Single-Payer Is The Answer

Elizabeth Warren Calls For Democrats To Embrace Single-Payer Health Care

Obamacare was based on ‘’a conservative model,’’ the Massachusetts Democrat says.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) says it’s time for Democrats to run on single-payer health care across the country.

President Barack Obama “tried to move us forward with health care coverage by using a conservative model that came from one of the conservative think tanks that had been advanced by a Republican governor in Massachusetts,” Warren, referring to Mitt Romney, said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal published Tuesday.

“Now it’s time for the next step. And the next step is single payer,” she said.

Warren’s comments represent a shift to her position on the U.S. health care system. In March, she said her support for switching to single-payer ― in which the government handles coverage of health care costs, rather than insurance companies ― would depend on whether Democrats could find Republican lawmakers willing to help fix the Affordable Care Act passed under Obama.

More: Elizabeth Warren Calls For Democrats To Embrace Single-Payer Health Care

I agree that Single-Payer is the way to go! It's time to take insurance companies out of our health care!

I say we let Cali go first......
A true "hold my beer and watch this" moment.

We already have another model. Massachussettes.

They have had Romney care for years and it works just fine.

I agree that Single-Payer is the way to go! It's time to take insurance companies out of our health care!

Of course. Nothing makes more sense than putting the same government infested with faceless bureaucrats, riddled with corruption and malfeasance, in charge of your life and death health decisions. Nothing can possibly go wrong with that.

Moronic right wingers would rather send a check to private insurers where the CEOs and board members can make out like bandits.......and NOT have a smaller amount than their current premiums be taken out of their pay checks....

Actually, I would rather see the insurance companies and the government mostly out of the picture altogether and let the market correct the hyper inflated prices we've seen in health care as a result of their interference. Most people don't need the kind of health care plan ObamaCare mandates. There is no reason why you should be filing a regular doctor's visit with your insurance company. That is one of many things distorting the market. Most people can get by perfectly fine with a true insurance plan that covers them in catastrophic circumstances. That's what insurance is supposed to be.

The answer? The answer to what? I thought you guys were happy with what Obamacare did. Are you saying it didn't fix healthcare like you promised?

The answer to everything for these people.

13i157.jpg

the above moron, "thinks" that anybody on the left actually stated that they want "free shit".......This is what passes for right wing fucked up-ness......LOL

Than why did Cali reject it as to expensive?

The Bill was poorly written......This option will be taken u again with a better written proposal.

Champions of single-payer health care say that it will save Californians money, even though their taxes would increase, because they would no longer pay premiums or deductibles and the system would eliminate insurance-company profits and overhead. A study released last month, commissioned by the nurses, found that such a system could save Californians $37 billion annually on health care spending, even as it covered nearly 3 million people who are now uninsured.

Gooooooo CALI!!!!!!

Tennessee (you know that super blue state) tried this a long time ago.

Called it Tenncare.

Didn't work out so well.

At least for the time being - Republicans should just bite the bullet and fix the glitches in Obamacare. Democrats would gladly work with them on that. Republicans keep saying that Obamacare is failing and something must be done - as they keep doing everything they can to sabotage it.
What are they doing to sabatoge it exactly?

Are you really that stupid?
Omg! Give me something credible.

As long as you can overlook those signs in the Doctors offices stating they do not take Medicaid patients.

Then, your state should remind them of the Hyppocratic oath they took and the licence to practice that they received...Remember this about the oath......(nothing there about how much can I gouge my patinets....)

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth,
but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

Than why did Cali reject it as to expensive?

The Bill was poorly written......This option will be taken u again with a better written proposal.

Champions of single-payer health care say that it will save Californians money, even though their taxes would increase, because they would no longer pay premiums or deductibles and the system would eliminate insurance-company profits and overhead. A study released last month, commissioned by the nurses, found that such a system could save Californians $37 billion annually on health care spending, even as it covered nearly 3 million people who are now uninsured.

Gooooooo CALI!!!!!!

Tennessee (you know that super blue state) tried this a long time ago.

Called it Tenncare.

Didn't work out so well.

Which of course is why I want Cali to try...

Obamacare was based on ‘’a conservative model,’’ the Massachusetts Democrat says.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) says it’s time for Democrats to run on single-payer health care across the country.

President Barack Obama “tried to move us forward with health care coverage by using a conservative model that came from one of the conservative think tanks that had been advanced by a Republican governor in Massachusetts,” Warren, referring to Mitt Romney, said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal published Tuesday.

Warren’s comments represent a shift to her position on the U.S. health care system. In March, she said her support for switching to single-payer ― in which the government handles coverage of health care costs, rather than insurance companies ― would depend on whether Democrats could find Republican lawmakers willing to help fix the Affordable Care Act passed under Obama.

NO, it time to get the federal government out of health care.

The rest of the industrial world uses single payer but we can't?
I'd love the Trumpies to explain that one.

NO, it time to get the federal government out of health care.

And put it completely in the hands of the insurance companies? I'm sure they'd have our best interests in mind. I've yet to hear you offer one cogent thought on this forum.

See? The reason Canadians pour over the border to get health care is because the have one CAT scanner every thirty thousand miles and one dr. For every million people! Sounds great cause it's all free free free!

Moron, stop parroting FOX..........here, on Canadian health care.........from a friend in Vancouver, CA

We pay monthly in BC to our medical system. It is called BC medical and, right now, it is $232…for a family of four. They just announced April 1st they are cutting it in half. Hence, any extended healthcare, including dental, is generally less than $200.00 per month and that pays for your prescriptions, therapists, eye-care and a host of other services. So…what are the restrictions on using our healthcare system….none! Ambulance…paid, need prosthetics…paid, need 5 years of aftercare and therapy…paid. By the way, we are just starting construction on our 5th new hospital in 15 years…free to use of course. So what does this get you. Our Vancouver General Cancer research center is one of the top 5 in the world. Our UBC hospital houses the premier genealogical research facility in the world.

Forum List

Back