Liz Gets Real: Single-Payer Is The Answer

Elizabeth Warren Calls For Democrats To Embrace Single-Payer Health Care

Obamacare was based on ‘’a conservative model,’’ the Massachusetts Democrat says.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) says it’s time for Democrats to run on single-payer health care across the country.

President Barack Obama “tried to move us forward with health care coverage by using a conservative model that came from one of the conservative think tanks that had been advanced by a Republican governor in Massachusetts,” Warren, referring to Mitt Romney, said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal published Tuesday.

“Now it’s time for the next step. And the next step is single payer,” she said.

Warren’s comments represent a shift to her position on the U.S. health care system. In March, she said her support for switching to single-payer ― in which the government handles coverage of health care costs, rather than insurance companies ― would depend on whether Democrats could find Republican lawmakers willing to help fix the Affordable Care Act passed under Obama.

More: Elizabeth Warren Calls For Democrats To Embrace Single-Payer Health Care

I agree that Single-Payer is the way to go! It's time to take insurance companies out of our health care!
Single payer will be more divisive than Obamacare. What eventually you have is Medicaid for all. Why should I want to pay for a single, never married, unemployed woman living off welfare? I shouldn't Maybe you can argue her kids should get free healthcare and education. We are pretty nice to kids.

With Obamacare we have people getting subsidies and Medicaid is actually better insurance. Medicaid just guarantees everyone the most effective treatment.
As long as you can overlook those signs in the Doctors offices stating they do not take Medicaid patients.

Since our "leaders" (har har, cough) just can't come within 50 fucking miles of getting their shit together and just keep pumping out ridiculous pigs for ideas, we're clearly headed in this direction.

These schmucks know better than to go pure single payer, though. I suspect we'll end up with what I want, an expansion of Medicare / Medicare Advantage/ Medicare Supplement system already in place. Nice.

Tick, tick, tick.

Obamacare was based on ‘’a conservative model,’’ the Massachusetts Democrat says.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) says it’s time for Democrats to run on single-payer health care across the country.

President Barack Obama “tried to move us forward with health care coverage by using a conservative model that came from one of the conservative think tanks that had been advanced by a Republican governor in Massachusetts,” Warren, referring to Mitt Romney, said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal published Tuesday.

Warren’s comments represent a shift to her position on the U.S. health care system. In March, she said her support for switching to single-payer ― in which the government handles coverage of health care costs, rather than insurance companies ― would depend on whether Democrats could find Republican lawmakers willing to help fix the Affordable Care Act passed under Obama.

I agree that Single-Payer is the way to go! It's time to take insurance companies out of our health care!
Single payer will be more divisive than Obamacare. What eventually you have is Medicaid for all. Why should I want to pay for a single, never married, unemployed woman living off welfare? I shouldn't Maybe you can argue her kids should get free healthcare and education. We are pretty nice to kids.

With Obamacare we have people getting subsidies and Medicaid is actually better insurance. Medicaid just guarantees everyone the most effective treatment.
How does someone respond to a racist piece of shyte like you

I don't deserve that. Someone put up this link and it's the truth.

Why Obamacare enrollees voted for Trump

I sued Medicaid on behalf of kids with crippling disabilities for years. Some kid with spina bifida or CP ... no one should begrudge them anything. On the other hand if you doubt there are people out there who have children simply to get the financial aid, and who even coach kids how to get special education because that gets Medicaid eligibility, you are living in purple unicorn world.

As long as you can overlook those signs in the Doctors offices stating they do not take Medicaid patients.

• There are no continuous measures on Medicaid participation, but federal statistics gathered over recent years show that the percentage of physicians accepting new Medicaid patients has remained around 70 percent. We found no support for the idea that the participation rate has declined under the ACA.
  • The participation rate varies by state, and it’s largely tied to reimbursement rates. For example, Montana pays primary care doctors the same rate for Medicaid and Medicare, and has a Medicaid doctor participation rate of 90 percent.

Medicaid does pay less per procedure that Medicare and private insurance. THAT is why the gop plan would kill rural hospitals and providers because they have more Medicaid patients. Cut those rates, and people will die.

Moronic right wingers would rather send a check to private insurers where the CEOs and board members can make out like bandits.......and NOT have a smaller amount than their current premiums be taken out of their pay checks....

WHY?????

Simple, really, they're ignorant and listen to fuck heads like Hannity, Limabugh, Levin, et al for all of their "education"......

"But it's free!"

17d88a46a8598cde855731f35541-grande.jpg
You're such a dick. That picture is probably from some disastrous event where so many people were affected that the the local hospital was overwhelmed and had to use every space available to them.

Like I sad, you're a DICK!

Castro and Communism were the disasters that struck Cuba

Medicaid does pay less per procedure that Medicare and private insurance. THAT is why the gop plan would kill rural hospitals and providers because they have more Medicaid patients. Cut those rates, and people will die.
It all depends on the state, yet if Medicaid is cut back hundreds and hundreds of hospitals would close

Moronic right wingers would rather send a check to private insurers where the CEOs and board members can make out like bandits.......and NOT have a smaller amount than their current premiums be taken out of their pay checks....

WHY?????

Simple, really, they're ignorant and listen to fuck heads like Hannity, Limabugh, Levin, et al for all of their "education"......

"But it's free!"

You're such a dick. That picture is probably from some disastrous event where so many people were affected that the the local hospital was overwhelmed and had to use every space available to them.

Why was castro allowed to come to power?

Castro and Communism would never have happened to Cuba if the conditions had not been so deplorable under the previous régime.

WHY?????

"But it's free!"

Bay of Pigs failed

/---- Millions will die with Single Payer. Big Pharma will make a killing.

WHY?????

"But it's free!"

Bay of Pigs failed
Castro was already in power, now why was he allowed to take over that country? The answer is Batista. The right wing piece of garbage that did Americas bidding, so we looked the other way

The answer to everything for these people.

13i157.jpg

the above moron, "thinks" that anybody on the left actually stated that they want "free shit".......This is what passes for right wing fucked up-ness......LOL
/----
Shocker: Sanders Supporters Want Free Stuff From Government, But They Don’t Want To Pay For It
Shocker: Sanders Supporters Want Free Stuff From Government, But They Don’t Want To Pay For It

About 66 percent of Sanders supporters said they wouldn't be willing to pay more than an additional $1,000 in taxes for universal health care. This includes the 8 percent of Sanders supporters who aren't willing to pay anything at all.

When we asked what percentage of their income they would pay, rather than a dollar figure, voters seem to be a bit more generous.

While half of Sanders supporters said they aren't willing to pay or that they're only willing to pay less than 5 percent of their income, a quarter said they would pay between 5 and 10 percent.

Sanders supporters are far and away the most likely to want free public college tuition. Still, 14 percent said they don't want to pay additional taxes for it — and another half said they would only pay up to $1,000 a year

Sanders's plan would put an additional $5,000 of federal tax liability on households earning $50,000, but in exchange he would nationalize vital services currently in the private sector.

5542849dd619aea47f672beabd08f516--liberal-logic-stupid-people.jpg

...and sentence me to DEATH within 3-5 years. Thanks.

BTW - Mitt Romney may hsve an R next to his name, but he's nowhere near s Conservative. Not even here in Massachusetts.

Liz is right. We need to cut out the greedy middlemen - the for-profit health care insurance companies! Think of the savings! What benefits do for-profit health insurance companies provide that couldn't be better provided without them? They provide zero health and medical benefits. Makes no sense. It's like paying protection money to the mafia. Medicare is non-profit and works just fine - with much lower management and overhead costs than for-profit health care insurance companies.

It won't work in a capitalist system and it's a tax drain. Furthermore, you would have a massive doctor and healthcare revolt as costs would have to come way down in order for it to even be feasible. Possibly lower than even Canadian costs. This would then affect medical school costs, standards, the whole nine.

In the end, it will still fail or be drastically inadequate. Your quality will go down, though you will have more quantity. I believe in a multi-tier system based on free market competition. This is somewhat the issue with a new Bill if cross state insurer competition is enacted.

This is why the focus on "America First" and jobs which have been stolen are so vital. If you have a job, chances are you will have healthcare. Generational welfare (a massive problem in England for instance) will simply tax the system to such a degree that it will not survive. Then, China wins, the world loses.

None of them have any of this through.
The Government would then have to regulate:
1) All care costs
2) All drug costs
3) All wages, Doctor's, Nurses, Techs EVERY single employee wage all the way down to the front desk
4) The cost of Med School
5) The cost of ALL supplies
6) The cost of MAKING all the supplies
And on and on and on.
Nope.

The government can have private industries bid for providing care. The industries will have to fact all of those issue, just like they do now.

Please think.

It all depends on the state, yet if Medicaid is cut back hundreds and hundreds of hospitals would close

Yes, the gop's plan will literally kill people in rural states.

Yes it's time. It's a lose lose for Republicans even with their own constituents. All the rest of the free world live by the code that all human beings have a basic right to medicine, a doctor, and healthcare. It's only the greedy few in the US that stop it here. The public is on board. The Democrats need to have long discussions with all our allies and find out why it works in every other country and how it will work here. '

It's time to kick the Republicans to the curb and let them whine and gnash their teeth. Progress sometimes requires ignoring those that would prefer to stick with the horse and buggy.

Last edited:

Yes, the gop's plan will literally kill people in rural states.
So what ewe are saying is that if everyone has health insurance no one will ever die! That's a miracle!

Forum List

Back