Lockdown Fans: What Is Your Endgame Plan?

For those who cried their eyes out over "death panels" eleven years ago I would a mandate lockdowns continue until a proven Covid-19 antiviral is available. For all others I'd go with historic practices conducted during the swine flu virus. Things like instructing doctors to perform test of virus with patients showing symptoms, identifying and warning groups at risk, advising folks of appropriate precaution they may choose to take, mandating the shut down of schools for 14 days upon a student coming down with the disease, etc.

Okay, and then what happens? We lock down for a year, or two years - because you're insane if you think a "proven antiviral" is going to turn up sooner - and what's the rest of the picture look like? How does the world work in that scenario? What happens if Covid-19 turns out to be a mutating virus, the way the flu and the common cold are, and it's never possible to create that "proven antiviral"?

Stop pretending that there's only just the biological part to this and everything else that exists in life just goes into some sort of stasis.

People who want the lockdowns to continue spend a lot of time shouting slogans and congratulating themselves on how they're "the only ones who care about saving lives", but I have yet to hear any of them tell us what their actual plan is for an endgame, or how they envision the future going forward if we were to cave in to their demands.

So I'd really like to know: if you could convince all the governors to continue the lockdowns, what do you think that looks like? How long do you want it to last, and/or what is your metric for ending it? And then what happens? What's your plan going forward from there? Do you have one?
A good place to start is when there are no new cases.

You couldn't figure that out all by yourself? Wow!
IOW, you're stupid enough to think that the virus will just die if we hide long enough.

Whatta fucking retard.
The blob said it was going to disappear like a miracle. Don’t you believe your lord and master!

So your plan is to whine and bitch about one sentence months ago and to call Trump childish names? That's your whole fucking plan for dealing with coronavirus?

Just pointing out how batshit crazy your lord and master is.

Just pointing out how meaningless and useless your "My coronavirus plan is to attack Trump! I will fight coronavirus by calling Trump names!" is.

Whatever Trump is or isn't, he's still vastly better than you. I'd rather have someone who has a plan that may or may not work over someone who's whole plan is to allow OTHER people to deal with it while they uselessly bitch.

For those of you saying the country will go bankrupt in a month or two if this continues. Any evidence to back that up? I’m pretty sure the economy would survive if we weathered the storm a bit longer.

Like most issues this is not black and white, it’s up to experts like doctor Fauci to find that gray area. We have made some progress with the mitigation efforts. We just need more. None of us are infectious disease experts, so I don’t think anyone of us are qualified enough to put together a sensible plan. To some degree both sides of this argument are arguing out of emotion. Sometimes you have to put your trust in those of us that are more experienced and wiser. I trust our experts have put in place a plan that preserves life to the best of their abilities and I’m willing to see that plan through. People like Fauci and Brix aren’t trying to destroy the country

Excuse me, but if you want to have a discussion about, "Well, what makes you think shutting down the economy will cause bankruptcy", go start your own thread about it, asshole. This is MY thread, and it's about answering MY questions, and trying to derail it by making it about "I only demand answers, I don't give them" will just be seen as "I have no plan, I just want to attack Trump!"

Is that, in fact, your answer?
Some friends of mine just closed their Mexican restaurant.

Anyone who doesn't see that spending vast amounts of money over and above the regular overspent budget while taking in virtually no tax revenue because no one is generating any tax revenue will lead to bankruptcy for the nation is a financial moron. Anyone who doesn't see that people who aren't earning an income will eventually go individually bankrupt is a SERIOUS financial moron who should be locked up for his own safety in a padded cell.

Nevertheless, Rocko wants to take over my thread and make it all about him playing Torquemada with everyone else so he doesn't have to answer questions himself, and it ain't gonna happen.
Your blob signed off on every penny. And you are prepared to vote for him again. It makes no sense.

"I don't care whether people die!! All that matters is TRRRRUUUUUMMMMPPP!!!!"

You remain an utter waste of oxygen and an anchor around the neck of humanity.

What I actually did say, you idiot, was that we should listen to the experts.
Okay, here are the experts:

Now, if we listen to the "experts," we would be locked down until at least 2024.

So, yes, you actually did say that.

The American Association for the Advancement of Science.... I seem to have missed the part about them saying "lockdown until 2024". You can find it for me like a good little doggie and fetch or not. Either way...you can't quote me stating any such thing. Why is it you can't tell the truth...ever?

Why is it you can't stay on topic . . . ever?

Still waiting for you to actually address the OP questions.
I did.

we should trust the science.

try reading you grotesque bitch.

"My plan is to shout slogans!!!! We don't need a plan, we just need empty phrases that sound good and mean nothing!!!"

Which science would you like to trust, Cornball? It's very clear to me that you're ignoring the economic science entirely, and trusting only the scientists who are feeding your agenda. I realize that your masters haven't told you to know this, but even if you pretend that we should focus on medical science and pretend nothing else exists or matters, there's actually a lot of debate and disagreement even in medical science about the best way to go forward.

People who want the lockdowns to continue spend a lot of time shouting slogans and congratulating themselves on how they're "the only ones who care about saving lives", but I have yet to hear any of them tell us what their actual plan is for an endgame, or how they envision the future going forward if we were to cave in to their demands.

So I'd really like to know: if you could convince all the governors to continue the lockdowns, what do you think that looks like? How long do you want it to last, and/or what is your metric for ending it? And then what happens? What's your plan going forward from there? Do you have one?
A good place to start is when there are no new cases.

You couldn't figure that out all by yourself? Wow!
IOW, you're stupid enough to think that the virus will just die if we hide long enough.

Whatta fucking retard.
The blob said it was going to disappear like a miracle. Don’t you believe your lord and master!

So your plan is to whine and bitch about one sentence months ago and to call Trump childish names? That's your whole fucking plan for dealing with coronavirus?

Just pointing out how batshit crazy your lord and master is.

Don't make me come back in here and whoop your candy ass... again.

What are you going to do? Huh? oh, I know, misquote me some more. It’s your only act.

No one misquotes you, Cornball. All we do is point out what your words actually mean, when all the self-flattering bullshit is stripped away.

I didn’t dumbass. I’m not voting for your blob.

I never suggested you should. Vote for whoever you want.

But you can't criticize him for spending on the stimulus checks and have a premade talking point ready to blame him for not doing anything.

You're too easy.

The blob did something.

He did bail out multi-million dollar corporations. He did bail out the Los Angeles Lakers. He did authorize sending tons of medical supplies to China. He did call the virus a hoax. He did admit he didn't know people died from viruses. He did force thousand of unscreened travelers to stand shoulder to shoulder at the airports around the nation. He did tell the States that the stockpile as "our" stockpile. He did lie about the availability of testing. He did say it would disappear like a miracle. He did say we would have "close to zero cases" in a few days. He lied and said he had the authority to restart the economy. He has done quite a bit. Almost all of it bad.

Here is what Trump did right:
He did shut down the parks which hurt me but was a good idea. He did use the DPA in some cases--he should have done more of that. It was too a good idea. The guidelines that the CDC put out to guide the States was a good idea. Why his blobness isn't in front of the microphones chiding governors of both parties for ignoring the guidelines is a mystery from a PH standpoint; from a political standpoint--it makes sense.

What the grotesque bitch did was criticize the spending. What the grotesque bitch will do is vote for the blob who authorized every penny of the spending. That is having it both ways shit-brains.

The spending, BTW is fine. Its what we needed.

What we didn't need was only 17% of it going to citizens.
What we didn't need was publicly traded companies being able to get "small business" loans.
What we didn't need was for your blob to fire the IG who would be in charge of dispersing the funds
What we didn't need was the banks to cash in on $10B of it (that figure is old--I'm sure it's much more now) in the form of fees for processing loans.
Also, in fairness, what we needed was Congress--and I'm looking at you Pelosi--to have acted much quicker than it did. That they held it up to put some safeguards in was fine but they should have started weeks earlier.

The Treasury does fall under the blob. He is responsible.
As usual, your post is all lies.

I just popped in on my lunch break to see if any lockdown proponents bothered to answer my questions, or if they all just came crowding in to scream slogans and tell us, "All I need to know is Orange Man Bad!"

So I guess that clears it up: there is no one supporting continued lockdowns who is doing so because they want to save lives. They just want a chance to attack Trump. That's it, that's all, and they haven't given a single thought to what the effects of their demands might be, because it doesn't matter to them.
You are full of bovine feces as usual. Quite a few people told you exactly when the lockdowns can end. It’s a very simple answer. TESTING.

You are full of bullshit as always. I didn't ASK, "When can lockdowns end?" I asked, "If you want the lockdowns to continue, tell me how that looks and what the plan is for that future?"

Is there ever going to be a point in your ignorant, cowardly life when you answer the question being asked instead of the question you WISH had been asked?
And the plan for the future is widespread testing. Nobody wants the lockdown to continue, but we also don't want a 2nd, more serious outbreak to overwhelm hospitals. We want people back to work and the ONLY safe way that can happen is through widespread testing. Surely you're not so much of raging bitch that doesn't permeate?

So your answer is, "We continue the lockdowns until testing"? That's it? What does that even MEAN? Does it mean we keep the whole country locked down until a test for the coronavirus is invented? Got that. Does it mean we keep the whole country locked down until antibody testing is invented? Got that. Until X number of people are tested for having it, or for having had it? What's the number? How long would that take? And what does the world look like in the meantime? And what does that actually do for us? And, most importantly, once your metric - whatever it is - is met, THEN what happens?

Surely you're not so bitter that I see you for the pretentious halfwit you are that you can't understand the questions being asked.
It’s these stupid people who don’t know wtf they’re talking about, that demand government preform a show for them, so they can “feel” safer. They don’t understand the limits of testing. They don’t understand what happens when one size fits all changes from “up top” get placed onto highly complicated and immensely intertwined systems. And they don’t understand that what they stupidly deem “unnecessary” is part of an incredibly complex and intertwined system that they rely upon, and the ones who feel the hurt from that disruption of the system are the MOST needy among us.

Essentially all we needed to do here was stop all visitation to nursing homes, and step up PPE and sanitation procedures at nursing homes. Not that that would’ve have prevented all death, but it would’ve been by far the most effective way to do so. I was a person ringing the bell on this loudly a month before many of these twats took covid seriously. I’m an RN at very large hospital. We’re just a couple of hours outside of NYC. I’m seeing what’s happening on the ground in real time. It is not as bad as we thought. The people we see getting rocked by covid are almost all 80 year old diabetics, with congestive heart failure or something else of the sort going. I’m probably more jaded to death in the elderly than most, but I’m just looking at this whole situation in its entirety.

Politicians never let a good disaster go to waste.
That aside, people still don't want to see their elderly relatives die.
I agree re old folks' homes.
If you don't want to see your elderly relatives die, then keep then inside. Don't tell the rest of us we can't go to work.

My mom is in her 80s. I love my mom, and I want her to live forever. But I'd be a dumbass if I didn't recognize the reality that, however much we try to delay it, she IS going to die very soon. We can stave off fifty different causes of death, and there's always going to be a fifty-first that comes along and gets her. That doesn't mean I don't consider it reasonable to have her stay home and avoid contact with people as much as possible, but it does mean it's unreasonable to expect the entire world to come to a halt just so she can live six months longer than she would have otherwise.

No one is a fan of the lockdowns. Some people just love their mothers, fathers, grandmothers and grandfathers and are not eager to sacrifice them to President Trump's reelection campaign.
that group apparently does not include Fredo’s brother, the New York governor who insisted that chinese disease patients be sent to nursing homes
How many dead Americans do you think are "acceptable" losses? Give us a number.
How many bankrupt and financially destroyed Americans do you believe to be acceptable?
More than the number of dead ones.
50 million, asshole?
50 million living people can start over again. The dead cannot, nor will the families and friends ever recover from the loss. Life is more important than money motherfucker, plain and simple.
You really are an asshole.

Your gandma can die, for all I care. I won't have my life destroyed so your grandma doesn't have to isolate herself.
My grandmother died in 1995. But I refuse to see lives destroyed because your punk ass doesn't have the discipline to do what it takes to reduce the spread of the virus just so you can go down to the store and buy a bag of seeds. We don't need to be infected because of idiots like you. You right wingers are like children. I don't like this any more than you do, but I am not willing to get sick so I can go watch state u play a football game. Nor am I willing to get sick just so I can make some money. We don't have an economy if half the people are sick. And we certainly don't if people are dying. So grow up. You ain't missing nothing because you can't go sell something
You don't think lives are destroyed when people are unemployed for years, go bankrupt, lose everything they own and live on the street?

You're a colossal dumbfuck. If you don't want to be infected, then stay in your house, but don't be telling other people they can't go to work. 95% of people who get COVID-19 don't even know it, so how is half the population going to be so sick that they can't go to work? only 0.01% of the population will die because of COVID-19. I'm not exactly quacking in my boots over that.

As I was explaining to someone yesterday, it's not even just about the lives of people in the United States if the US economy collapses. Even if the pie-in-the-sky leftists are right and America will never devolve into a third-world country, what about those places that already ARE third-world countries, whose people are dependent on American charity and generosity to even survive? What the hell happens to them when we're so broke and desperate ourselves that we have nothing to give them? Or does saving THOSE lives no longer matter when the left has a new set of human shields to hide behind?
I went to Sams Club today and they had no pork and very little beef. What are the callous self centered retired old coots going to do when there's nothing to eat?
Do you even get WHY there is no pork or beef?
There's no beef or Pork because of hysterical douchebags like you.

Wrong, idiot. There is no beef or pork because of the consolidation of the meat packing industry. Hundreds of people crammed together spreading the virus to each other...and turning little towns into COVID hot spots.

Fascinating. And that addresses the topic of the thread how?

Why don't you ask Bripat, your bitchness? He's the one babbling about no meat at Sam's Club

My question was for people who want to extend the lockdowns, Your Stupidness. Bri doesn't want to extend them, so the question is not to him.
No, you asked me what our (his and mine)discussion about meat had to do with the topic of your thread. It is weird that you would ask me what it has to do with the topic when he is the one that brought it up. Only people that agree with you are allowed to talk about meat and not the topic of your thread?

Bri doesn't have a problem addressing the topic. You, on the other hand, have a history of ignoring the topic to try to deflect off onto your talking points.
That was classic projection. Textbook even. Your lame, strawman, topic was "addressed" over and over. You just didn't get the response your hindass demanded. Tissue?

I didn’t dumbass. I’m not voting for your blob.

I never suggested you should. Vote for whoever you want.

But you can't criticize him for spending on the stimulus checks and have a premade talking point ready to blame him for not doing anything.

You're too easy.

The blob did something.

He did bail out multi-million dollar corporations. He did bail out the Los Angeles Lakers. He did authorize sending tons of medical supplies to China. He did call the virus a hoax. He did admit he didn't know people died from viruses. He did force thousand of unscreened travelers to stand shoulder to shoulder at the airports around the nation. He did tell the States that the stockpile as "our" stockpile. He did lie about the availability of testing. He did say it would disappear like a miracle. He did say we would have "close to zero cases" in a few days. He lied and said he had the authority to restart the economy. He has done quite a bit. Almost all of it bad.

Here is what Trump did right:
He did shut down the parks which hurt me but was a good idea. He did use the DPA in some cases--he should have done more of that. It was too a good idea. The guidelines that the CDC put out to guide the States was a good idea. Why his blobness isn't in front of the microphones chiding governors of both parties for ignoring the guidelines is a mystery from a PH standpoint; from a political standpoint--it makes sense.

What the grotesque bitch did was criticize the spending. What the grotesque bitch will do is vote for the blob who authorized every penny of the spending. That is having it both ways shit-brains.

The spending, BTW is fine. Its what we needed.

What we didn't need was only 17% of it going to citizens.
What we didn't need was publicly traded companies being able to get "small business" loans.
What we didn't need was for your blob to fire the IG who would be in charge of dispersing the funds
What we didn't need was the banks to cash in on $10B of it (that figure is old--I'm sure it's much more now) in the form of fees for processing loans.
Also, in fairness, what we needed was Congress--and I'm looking at you Pelosi--to have acted much quicker than it did. That they held it up to put some safeguards in was fine but they should have started weeks earlier.

The Treasury does fall under the blob. He is responsible.
As usual, your post is all lies.

As usual, her post is all about criticizing people who do something, while steadfastly refusing to suggest anything herself, let alone doing anything herself.

Cornball was born to be a useless member of the peanut gallery.

What I actually did say, you idiot, was that we should listen to the experts.
Okay, here are the experts:

Now, if we listen to the "experts," we would be locked down until at least 2024.

So, yes, you actually did say that.

The American Association for the Advancement of Science.... I seem to have missed the part about them saying "lockdown until 2024". You can find it for me like a good little doggie and fetch or not. Either way...you can't quote me stating any such thing. Why is it you can't tell the truth...ever?

Why is it you can't stay on topic . . . ever?

Still waiting for you to actually address the OP questions.
I did.

we should trust the science.

try reading you grotesque bitch.

"My plan is to shout slogans!!!! We don't need a plan, we just need empty phrases that sound good and mean nothing!!!"

Which science would you like to trust, Cornball? It's very clear to me that you're ignoring the economic science entirely, and trusting only the scientists who are feeding your agenda. I realize that your masters haven't told you to know this, but even if you pretend that we should focus on medical science and pretend nothing else exists or matters, there's actually a lot of debate and disagreement even in medical science about the best way to go forward.
Yep. they ignore the scientist that say this shutdown is counter productive and insist we should only pay attention to the witch doctors who are spouting theories that support their agenda.

I just popped in on my lunch break to see if any lockdown proponents bothered to answer my questions, or if they all just came crowding in to scream slogans and tell us, "All I need to know is Orange Man Bad!"

So I guess that clears it up: there is no one supporting continued lockdowns who is doing so because they want to save lives. They just want a chance to attack Trump. That's it, that's all, and they haven't given a single thought to what the effects of their demands might be, because it doesn't matter to them.
You are full of bovine feces as usual. Quite a few people told you exactly when the lockdowns can end. It’s a very simple answer. TESTING.

You are full of bullshit as always. I didn't ASK, "When can lockdowns end?" I asked, "If you want the lockdowns to continue, tell me how that looks and what the plan is for that future?"

Is there ever going to be a point in your ignorant, cowardly life when you answer the question being asked instead of the question you WISH had been asked?

Oh no...her bitchness is getting upset. This is terrible. She's demanding someone play with her strawman. Boo hoo.

Nobody wants lockdowns to continue. What the future needs to look like to end the lockdowns is testing upwards of 20 million people a day and lots of contact tracing.

"The only acceptable topic is personal attacks and maintaining what a good person I believe I am for XYZ talking points! You can't make me think about consequences, because my masters haven't told me to!"

I'm glad you think it's perfectly okay to demand the deaths of millions of people worldwide so long as you shout about how much you don't WANT to do it.

Wow, that was quite the nonsensical rant. Can't get your meds on lockdown?

The pat answer. How many people do you want to test before you consider it safe? How often do you want to repeat the tests? How long is your Tested Safe good for?
Now once tested do you get chipped or carry an ID card?
What to you do with the people who test positive? Lock them away there and then?
TESTING is not the end all be all solution.

A vaccination is. That aside, let's not do testing! Let it run it's course. While we're at it, why bother trying to do anything about any disease! Woo hoo...
That seems to be the preferred GOP plan. Let the chips fall where they may. Meemaw and Pepaw will have to be sacrificed. As will the lower-paid, front-line workers who are not worth the cost and bother of testing.

Testing is for the rich and well-connected. And there are enough poor, uneducated Trump supporters who will think that is the way it has to be. Everything for the wealthy. Without them, we are nothing.
What you morons fail to acknowledge is that your "solutions" are impossible. This shutdown simply can't continue. Destroying the countries economy is not a long term plan. It can only last for a couple more months before this country devolves into anarchy and mass starvation.

No one is opposed to testing. The question is when are the tests going to be available. My understanding is that they have already been devised, but FDA regulations are holding up their widespread use. Why don't you assholes do something to get the FDA out of the way?

He did bail out multi-million dollar corporations.
And? What impact did that have on you, specifically?
None. Neither did slavery, the internment of Japanese Americans, the Tuskegee Experiment or the death of Elvis. I can state that they were all terrible things though. As was the blob sending money to Wall Street instead of Main Street.

He did bail out the Los Angeles Lakers.

Yeah? And? There are ushers and ticket takers and concession stand workers that are employed by them. Or do they not count?
Again, you are either drunk or high.

The money the lease holder on the Staples Center can pay the workers out of money he's not paying out in bonuses to LeBron & Co.

He did authorize sending tons of medical supplies to China ... He did tell the States that the stockpile as "our" stockpile.

No, he did not.

A Democratic group’s ad attacking President Donald Trump leaves the misleading impression that medical equipment donated by U.S.-based organizations and businesses to China early in the global coronavirus outbreak came from the Trump administration.

“He shipped China 17 tons of American masks and medical supplies,” says the ad from American Bridge 21st Century, a liberal super PAC, referring to Trump. “Our masks and supplies. Supplies we need now.”

It’s true the State Department was involved in delivering to China tons of personal protective equipment donated by American companies and organizations in early February. The State Department even lauded the donations as “a testament to the generosity of the American people,” and said they were an example of “strong U.S. leadership in response to the outbreak.”

But the medical supplies were not “American” or “ours” in the sense that they belonged to the federal government, which the ad’s language may lead viewers to believe. The equipment was donated by those companies and organizations specifically for use by health care workers in China.

From your post above:

It’s true the State Department was involved in delivering to China tons of personal protective equipment donated by American companies and organizations in early February.

He did call the virus a hoax.
He did not call the virus a hoax:

Trump did use the word “hoax” but his full comments, and subsequent explanation, make clear he was talking about Democratic attacks on his administration’s handling of the outbreak, not the virus itself.

You really are gullible aren't you?
He did call it a hoax.

"Trump did use the word “hoax” but his full comments, and subsequent explanation, make clear he was talking about Democratic attacks on his administration’s handling of the outbreak, not the virus itself."

More from that article:

Trump, Feb. 28:

Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus, you know that right?
Coronavirus, they’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, “How’s President Trump doing?” They go, “Oh, not good, not good.” They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa. They can’t even count. No, they can’t. They can’t count their votes.

One of my people came up to me and said, “Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.” That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax.

They will keep saying that Trump called the virus a hoax until doomsday. They simply don't care what he actually said. They aren't interested in the facts. They are only interested in promoting their narrative. That's why they are scum.

It does seem that some folks posting on this thread were not very careful with their money during the three and a half years of the greatest economy in the history of the world.

Now you want the rest of us to sacrifice our elderly, or immune-compromised relatives because of your free-spending, wasteful lifestyles. You should have saved some money to get you through times like this. That's what responsible people do.

GFY.
No one is forcing anyone to sacrifice your elderly or immune-compromised relatives. Tell them to stay at home. Not everyone is a self-centered retired old coot like you. Young families haven't been socking money away their entire lives. When you're just getting started in life, you have bills to pay and your income is lower. they have mortgages to pay and kids to support. You are obviously incapable of looking at anything from someone else's point of view.

Gee, maybe your blob should have lobbied to have those supplies sent here instead of to his buddies in China. Just a thought.

You just complimented him on invoking the DPA. A lot of that did go to the states.
The material made by the DPA and the gifts your blob gave to the Chinese are two different things.

Who else would you have put in charge of delivering the supplies? We are a country that helps people. We are not going to let innocent people anywhere suffer because of the CCP's negligence.

I wouldn't have delivered the supplies to China in the first place. But your blob did. That you defend his actions? Well...thats on you.
Trump didn't "deliver" any supplies to China. That had nothing to do with the federal government. Private organizations sent the supplies to China. Trump didn't even know it was happening. You're too stupid to understand that the federal government doesn't control everything that happens in this country.

For those of you saying the country will go bankrupt in a month or two if this continues. Any evidence to back that up? I’m pretty sure the economy would survive if we weathered the storm a bit longer.

Like most issues this is not black and white, it’s up to experts like doctor Fauci to find that gray area. We have made some progress with the mitigation efforts. We just need more. None of us are infectious disease experts, so I don’t think anyone of us are qualified enough to put together a sensible plan. To some degree both sides of this argument are arguing out of emotion. Sometimes you have to put your trust in those of us that are more experienced and wiser. I trust our experts have put in place a plan that preserves life to the best of their abilities and I’m willing to see that plan through. People like Fauci and Brix aren’t trying to destroy the country

Excuse me, but if you want to have a discussion about, "Well, what makes you think shutting down the economy will cause bankruptcy", go start your own thread about it, asshole. This is MY thread, and it's about answering MY questions, and trying to derail it by making it about "I only demand answers, I don't give them" will just be seen as "I have no plan, I just want to attack Trump!"

Is that, in fact, your answer?

You just ignored the part where I answered you question. You just didn’t like the answer. I added in a question, which is related to the discussion, and you didn’t like the question, so now all of a sudden I’m an asshole. And BTW there are a lot of heartless bastards on this board that don’t give a second thought to the health of others in the community around them. We’re seeing it in this thread with responses like I don’t give a fuck about your grandma. Those people are the assholes, not someone who happens to disagree with you that we should trust the experts we have.

I ignored nothing. You're apparently either too ignorant to understand what the question was, or too ignorant to understand that nothing you said answered it. Unless you're so unfamiliar with independent thinking that you believe, "I'm sure everything will be fine, and the smart people will make it work out" is a plan.

So you’re in the name calling club of anyone who believes the experts in charge have more of a grasp on what steps should be followed than “independent thinkers” such as yourself and all the other retards on this site. Got it. Get bent.

It does seem that some folks posting on this thread were not very careful with their money during the three and a half years of the greatest economy in the history of the world.

Now you want the rest of us to sacrifice our elderly, or immune-compromised relatives because of your free-spending, wasteful lifestyles. You should have saved some money to get you through times like this. That's what responsible people do.

GFY.
No one is forcing anyone to sacrifice your elderly or immune-compromised relatives. Tell them to stay at home. Not everyone is a self-centered retired old coot like you. Young families haven't been socking money away their entire lives. When you're just getting started in life, you have bills to pay and your income is lower. they have mortgages to pay and kids to support. You are obviously incapable of looking at anything from someone else's point of view.
So the greatest economy in the history of the world wasn't enough to keep young families from living paycheck to paycheck? Well, somebody is going to be in trouble for that once Trump finds out about it.

I'm not an old coot. But I am a saver and I don't spend much money. Other people CHOOSE to make different choices with their money and lifestyles.

Everyone should have 6 months worth of expenses saved. If folks are truly not able to do that during the greatest economy in the history of the world, they must be making poor choices. OR, maybe the greatest economy in the history of the world has not been great for those who are now struggling.

A lot of young families live with grandma and grandpa. Especially those at the bottom of the pay scales, those workers who do not benefit from the greatest economy in the history of the world. They will have to go to work or lose their unemployment, correct? I'd say they may feel like they are being forced to sacrifice Memaw and Pepaw in order to have food for their children.

I think these lockdowns all over the world won't be repealed until the so called Scientific Community says "ok you can do that".
In this matter politicians have (almost) no power (I've heard Bill Gates said the new vaccine against Covid19 will be ready in 12/18 months... o_O)
Maybe I'm a pessimist I fear it won't happen soon :(

The pat answer. How many people do you want to test before you consider it safe? How often do you want to repeat the tests? How long is your Tested Safe good for?
Now once tested do you get chipped or carry an ID card?
What to you do with the people who test positive? Lock them away there and then?
TESTING is not the end all be all solution.

A vaccination is. That aside, let's not do testing! Let it run it's course. While we're at it, why bother trying to do anything about any disease! Woo hoo...
That seems to be the preferred GOP plan. Let the chips fall where they may. Meemaw and Pepaw will have to be sacrificed. As will the lower-paid, front-line workers who are not worth the cost and bother of testing.

Testing is for the rich and well-connected. And there are enough poor, uneducated Trump supporters who will think that is the way it has to be. Everything for the wealthy. Without them, we are nothing.
What you morons fail to acknowledge is that your "solutions" are impossible. This shutdown simply can't continue. Destroying the countries economy is not a long term plan. It can only last for a couple more months before this country devolves into anarchy and mass starvation.

No one is opposed to testing. The question is when are the tests going to be available. My understanding is that they have already been devised, but FDA regulations are holding up their widespread use. Why don't you assholes do something to get the FDA out of the way?
Yes, when are the tests going to be available? Trump said anyone that wants a test can get a test.

Antibody tests are having problems and it's not because the FDA is holding anything up. Quite the opposite in fact. They had to tighten the rules very recently because...

Gee, maybe your blob should have lobbied to have those supplies sent here instead of to his buddies in China. Just a thought.

You just complimented him on invoking the DPA. A lot of that did go to the states.
The material made by the DPA and the gifts your blob gave to the Chinese are two different things.

Who else would you have put in charge of delivering the supplies? We are a country that helps people. We are not going to let innocent people anywhere suffer because of the CCP's negligence.

I wouldn't have delivered the supplies to China in the first place. But your blob did. That you defend his actions? Well...thats on you.
Trump didn't "deliver" any supplies to China. That had nothing to do with the federal government. Private organizations sent the supplies to China. Trump didn't even know it was happening. You're too stupid to understand that the federal government doesn't control everything that happens in this country.
The state department did in fact deliver the donated supplies.

Forum List

Back