Lois Lerner Criticized GOP As 'Crazies,' 'Assholes' In Emails

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Now you're going to pretend that Lerner DIDN'T single out conservative groups? Even though she apologized for doing so before then denying that "she" broke any IRS rules and then taking the 5th?

Come on, Ogi...this denial of the obvious needs to stop. It makes a whole bunch of you look like head in the sand ostriches.

you linked the two. you said she thought people were assholes, and because of that belief she targeted them.

can you prove that? can anyone?
in fact, so far you can't prove that anyone was politically motivated when tea party groups were scrutinized.

Well we know that Lerner's group targeted conservatives and now we know that Lerner thought conservatives were assholes. Is it that big a leap of logic to conclude that she probably targeted conservatives BECAUSE she thought they were assholes?
again, is living for the day america dies a conservative value now?

you may not consider it a big leap, but it's important that you realize it is, in fact, a leap and there is no proof.

[

Yeah...because Ds never get us into wars...:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Another illogical, partisan, and foolish post by you.

When will you ever learn?

You have to go back 50 years before you'd find a Democrat who got us into a real big war. You know, one with thousands of boys coming home in body bags.

When I was growing up, my Mom used to say "Democrats give us wars, Republicans give us Recessions".

Now Republicans give us both.

Did you nap through the Vietnam war, Joe? It was on all the news channels! Happened over in Southeast Asia? Lots of Americans got killed?

Uh, yeah. Did you sleep through Reading Comprehension?

Okay. YOu have to go back 50 years.

Vietnam started in 1964, which as...

50 years ago.

Geezus, dude, no wonder your side always fucks up the economy. You suck at math.

[

You know what? If Lois Lerner hates conservatives THAT much then more power to her...it's her view and she's entitled to it! WHAT SHE ISN'T ENTITLED TO DO, IS TO TAKE A HIGH LEVEL POSITION AT THE IRS (a non-political organization entrusted with fairly enforcing tax law) AND USE THAT POSITION TO UNFAIRLY TARGET CONSERVATIVES! If she did that...and the evidence that has slowly been wrung from the IRS surely points in that direction...then she needs to be held accountable.

But you have no evidence she did that.

The groups that were applying for 501(C)4 status were committing fraud if they were claiming to be social welfare agencies and they intended to do political activity.

Just like all the churches that endorse candidates are committing tax fraud.

You sound like the guy who got pulled over for speeding because everyone else was doing 75 in a 40, too.

Bull. If churches are committing tax fraud for endorsement of political candidates, then why aren't they being convicted?

[

You know what? If Lois Lerner hates conservatives THAT much then more power to her...it's her view and she's entitled to it! WHAT SHE ISN'T ENTITLED TO DO, IS TO TAKE A HIGH LEVEL POSITION AT THE IRS (a non-political organization entrusted with fairly enforcing tax law) AND USE THAT POSITION TO UNFAIRLY TARGET CONSERVATIVES! If she did that...and the evidence that has slowly been wrung from the IRS surely points in that direction...then she needs to be held accountable.

But you have no evidence she did that.

The groups that were applying for 501(C)4 status were committing fraud if they were claiming to be social welfare agencies and they intended to do political activity.

Just like all the churches that endorse candidates are committing tax fraud.

You sound like the guy who got pulled over for speeding because everyone else was doing 75 in a 40, too.

Bull. If churches are committing tax fraud for endorsement of political candidates, then why aren't they being convicted?

Assuming that's not a fake question, the answer is obvious. Can you imagine the uproar if a president would try to rightfully punish a church for not following the law?

Even conservative groups are putting out checklists on how to cheat the government.

http://www.lc.org/media/9980/attachments/political_legislative_guidelines_pastor_church_1pg.pdf

This is why any and all tax exempt status of religious institutions needs to be taken away.

Correct me if I'm wrong but since when did someone considering you an "asshole" make you eligible to be singled out for unlawful treatment? Is that what our government has devolved to? A bunch of "civil servants" protected by unions deciding that American citizens are "assholes" because of their political beliefs and therefore fair game for abuse? Is that where we now find ourselves?

Abuse is making sure organizations play by the rules? Keep in mind that of all political organizations that were investigated, only liberal organizations lost their non-profit status.

The IRS is doing their job. Get over it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but since when did someone considering you an "asshole" make you eligible to be singled out for unlawful treatment? Is that what our government has devolved to? A bunch of "civil servants" protected by unions deciding that American citizens are "assholes" because of their political beliefs and therefore fair game for abuse? Is that where we now find ourselves?

Abuse is making sure organizations play by the rules? Keep in mind that of all political organizations that were investigated, only liberal organizations lost their non-profit status.

Abuse is making one side jump through all kinds of hoops you DON'T make the other side jump through, 1%er! I'm curious...if someone who was in charge of voter registration asked blacks to fill out a twenty page questionnaire that nobody else had to fill out...would you find that to be offensive and just plain wrong?

Because if it is...then we need to flush the whole system and start over again...

So what system would be better?

If we're talking about the IRS...and they have been shown to no longer be non-partisan...I would suggest doing away with income tax's and going to a consumption tax. You want to buy a 6 million dollar house...you pay the tax on that 6 million. You want to buy a $10,000 double-wide trailer...you pay the tax on that ten thousand. Everyone's got skin in the game...from the smallest guy to the biggest. Doing so would allow us to pretty much do away with the IRS. I don't know about you...but I wouldn't miss that agency AT ALL!!!

Abuse is making one side jump through all kinds of hoops you DON'T make the other side jump through, 1%er! I'm curious...if someone who was in charge of voter registration asked blacks to fill out a twenty page questionnaire that nobody else had to fill out...would you find that to be offensive and just plain wrong?

You still have not proven that political bias had anything to do with what took place. When you do, you'll have a gripe.

WASHINGTON (AP) — A former IRS official at the heart of the agency's tea party controversy called conservative Republicans "crazies" and more in emails released Wednesday.

Lois Lerner headed the IRS division that handles applications for tax-exempt status. In a series of emails with a colleague in November 2012, Lerner made two disparaging remarks about members of the GOP, including one remark that was profane.

Rep. Dave Camp, who chairs the House Ways and Means Committee, released the emails Wednesday as part of his committee's investigation. The Michigan Republican says the emails show Lerner's "disgust with conservatives."

In one email, Lerner called members of the GOP crazies. In the other, she called them "assholes." The committee redacted the wording to "_holes" in the material it released publicly but a committee spokeswoman confirmed to the AP that the email said "assholes."

More: Lois Lerner Criticized GOP As 'Crazies,' 'Assholes' In Emails

Thank you, Lois Lerner. The rest of the link is also worth reading. It's funny - and TRUE.

So you're thanking the bitch for her e-mails which PROVE the GOP has a case for prosecution of high-ranking IRS officials, and maybe impeachment of President Obama?

Wow, you are one seriously smart cookie, Lakhota. :laugh:

You still have not proven that political bias had anything to do with what took place. When you do, you'll have a gripe.

LOL...when the head of the IRS Exempt Organizations Division is emailing others that she thinks conservatives are crazies and assholes...and THEN that person's Division targets conservatives it's hard to portray this as anything else, Laugher! Let's face facts...Lois Lerner doesn't like conservatives. She's admitted that in the few emails of hers that have survived the IRS coverup. She also apologized for improperly targeting conservatives right before the IG's report was to be made public in a rather transparent attempt at damage control.

My "gripe" is that the IRS seems to be spending more time hiding the truth from the American people and protecting IRS employees that were involved in this then they've been spending on fixing the problem. Who's been punished for what took place? You've had 3 different IRS Heads that have come before Congress and gave "misleading" (and I'm being generous with that description!) testimony. At what point are they going to stop shoveling bullshit on this issue and start providing real answers?

[

Yeah...because Ds never get us into wars...:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Another illogical, partisan, and foolish post by you.

When will you ever learn?

You have to go back 50 years before you'd find a Democrat who got us into a real big war. You know, one with thousands of boys coming home in body bags.

When I was growing up, my Mom used to say "Democrats give us wars, Republicans give us Recessions".

Now Republicans give us both.

Another foolish partisan post Little Joe.

So...REALLY BIG WAR, by your dumb standards, must include Vietnam and Iraq. One started by a corrupt lying murderous D and the other by a dumb ass statist progressive R...one by a D and one by R...yet you think Rs are worse.

...and who is bad at math?

Last edited:

LOL...when the head of the IRS Exempt Organizations Division is emailing others that she thinks conservatives are crazies and assholes...and THEN that person's Division targets conservatives it's hard to portray this as anything else, Laugher! Let's face facts...Lois Lerner doesn't like conservatives. She's admitted that in the few emails of hers that have survived the IRS coverup. She also apologized for improperly targeting conservatives right before the IG's report was to be made public in a rather transparent attempt at damage control.

My "gripe" is that the IRS seems to be spending more time hiding the truth from the American people and protecting IRS employees that were involved in this then they've been spending on fixing the problem. Who's been punished for what took place? You've had 3 different IRS Heads that have come before Congress and gave "misleading" (and I'm being generous with that description!) testimony. At what point are they going to stop shoveling bullshit on this issue and start providing real answers?

The assholes e-mails and the tax exempt status applications are unrelated.

You have nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back