Looking forward to government run medicine?

I haven't met any of those people. Neither have you

Allow me to introduce you to my wife, then.
The SSA held up her disability claim for so long..... appeal after appeal.....that by the time she was deemed disabled she didn't have enough work credits in the past 10 years to draw any money.
Now, after all that, as she gets closer to 65 we find out that she won't draw ANY social security retirement. ZERO.
Regardless of how much she paid in for her lifetime, because she doesn't have X amount of credits within X number of years.

Does she have 40 quarters? If not, she is not eligible

2 quarters short, but Jesus Gonzalez Manuel Ortega can wade across the Rio Grande and *poof*.
So this whole, "You'll get everything you ever paid in paid back to you" line is bullshit

Percentage of seniors needing hip replacement who received
it within six months:

U.S.
90%

England
15%

Canada
43%

Percentage of seniors (65+), with low income, who say they are in "excellent health":

U.S.
12%

England
2%

Canada
6%

National Health Insurance?

U.S.
NO

England
YES

Canada
YES

For statistics related to the senior population, the answer to that last one is actually "yes."

Percentage of seniors needing hip replacement who received
it within six months:

U.S.
90%

England
15%

Canada
43%

Percentage of seniors (65+), with low income, who say they are in "excellent health":

U.S.
12%

England
2%

Canada
6%
National Health Insurance?

U.S.
NO

England
YES

Canada
YES
For statistics related to the senior population, the answer to that last one is actually "yes."
In reference to my previous posts, our answer would be "no".

Government run retirement plans, i.e. social security, have worked out so well, why should i be the least bit concerned about them running healthcare?

Social Security has worked for 75 years. I don't see many seniors who want to give it up

The government has increased the taxes to pay for Social Security and reduced the benefits multiple times, so it has already declared bankruptcy multiple times. How does anyone legitimately call that "working?"

Government run retirement plans, i.e. social security, have worked out so well, why should i be the least bit concerned about them running healthcare?

Social Security has worked for 75 years. I don't see many seniors who want to give it up

The government has increased the taxes to pay for Social Security and reduced the benefits multiple times, so it has already declared bankruptcy multiple times. How does anyone legitimately call that "working?"

You obviously have no understanding of what bankruptcy means

Social Security needs to adapt with changing lifespans and populations. That ensures that it will not bankrupt

Social Security will be here another 100 years.....as will Obamacare

when you retire you put your papers in and you get what you are supposed to get.....when you need medical help.....now since everyone's problems will be different....you will have someone deciding what is covered or not.....some people may be in the same boat they are now.....fucked.....
That is the reason we passed Medicare

if I get sick in my old age, who will cover me?

thats not what i am saying.....do you think Medicare covers everything?....or will they say no to certain things?...

Yeah? Tell that to the folks coming along who have paid in for their whole lives and will get nothing. You really need to think things through there mr. sewer worker.

My gosh but you're an ignorant twat. The people you claim to have not met are right next door. Instead of toeing the party line, open your damned eyes why don't you.

"This year, the system will pay out more in benefits than it receives in payroll taxes, an important threshold it was not expected to cross until at least 2016, according to the Congressional Budget Office."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/25/business/economy/25social.html?_r=0

Social Security needs to adapt with changing lifespans and populations. That ensures that it will not bankrupt

You are dreaming. This country won't be here in 100 years at this rate.

Yeah? Tell that to the folks coming along who have paid in for their whole lives and will get nothing. You really need to think things through there mr. sewer worker.

My gosh but you're an ignorant twat. The people you claim to have not met are right next door. Instead of toeing the party line, open your damned eyes why don't you.

"This year, the system will pay out more in benefits than it receives in payroll taxes, an important threshold it was not expected to cross until at least 2016, according to the Congressional Budget Office."

Why you soulless ****...

Do you really think Social Security is incapable of being adjusted? Why do dickbreaths such a yourself assume that SS must either remain the same or go bankrupt

i don't see any who are happy with what they get vs what they put in. Tell me then, why isn't congress happy to just go on SS? Why do they need a separate plan if the one they run for us is so good?

Why would they give up what little they get when its all they've got? You've said a lot of stupid things, but honsestly, thats one of the studpidest responses you have ever made.

Congress ain't having none of that serf plan that we have to suffer through.

You are dreaming. This country won't be here in 100 years at this rate.

Oh I forgot

You cocksuckkers still think Obama will destroy the country in the next three years.

Carry on your delusions shithead

No, you don't understand what it means. If an investment firm said that it was going to pay you 30% less on an annuity than what it had agreed to when you purchased it, the SEC would immediately shut it down and the officers would be prosecuted for fraud.

"Adapting" is just a euphemism meaning "to declare bankruptcy." It's an admission that the original promises made when Congress voted on it were fraudulent. Social Security is nothing but a Ponzi scheme.

That's the nightmare scenario.

No, you don't understand what it means. If an investment firm said that it was going to pay you 30% less on an annuity than what it had agreed to when you purchased it, the SEC would immediately shut it down and the officers would be prosecuted for fraud.

"Adapting" is just a euphemism meaning "to declare bankruptcy." It's an admission that the original promises made when Congress voted on it were fraudulent. Social Security is nothing but a Ponzi scheme.

Once again demonstrating you are clueless finger boy

Right on cue

Once again demonstrating you are clueless finger boy

Right on cue

In other words, you have no substantive response.

Why you soulless ****...

Do you really think Social Security is incapable of being adjusted? Why do dickbreaths such a yourself assume that SS must either remain the same or go bankrupt

has it kept up with inflation? I think not

i don't see any who are happy with what they get vs what they put in. Tell me then, why isn't congress happy to just go on SS? Why do they need a separate plan if the one they run for us is so good?

Why would they give up what little they get when its all they've got? You've said a lot of stupid things, but honsestly, thats one of the studpidest responses you have ever made.

Congress has been paying into Social Security since 1984. Thought you would have realized it by now

So honestly, yours is one of the stupidest responses ever made
spinning like a top thee rightwinger. you'll do anything to deflect and change the subject now won't you.

so tell us again. why would people give up their social security? and what does the fact that they won't have anything to do with the fact that the government has fucked the program up? So would a hungry man wanting a full meal give up a handful of rice if it was presented to him?

you must have pounded down a few gallons of the goofy grape today.

Forum List

Back