🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Lost in Occupation: ScarJo ends relationship with Oxfam to stick with Soda Stream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Human Rights or Dollar Signs?

As Coca-Cola is revealed as one of Oxfam's major donors, what really motivated NGO's attack on Israeli soda company SodaStream?

By Maayana Miskin
First Publish: 2/2/2014, 12:44 PM

Oxfam, which only recently signed Johansson as its first "global brand ambassador, had couched its opposition to her role in promoting SodaStream in humanitarian and legal terms, saying it opposes "all trade" from “Israeli settlements”, which it claims are illegal and deny the rights of Palestinian Arabs. This, despite the fact that SodaStream's Maalei Adumim factory employs both Jews and Arabs alike, and on equal terms.

But now reports are surfacing which suggest a slightly less altruistic motivation, linking Oxfam to one of SodaStream’s major competitors: the Coca-Cola company. Notably, Oxfam has also recently criticized one of Coca-Cola’s other top competitors, the PepsiCo company.

Coca-Cola donated $2.5 million to Oxfam in 2008-2010, and gave another $400,000 toward a research project aimed at investigating Coca-Cola’s impact on Zambia and El Salvador.

In November 2013 Oxfam issued a condemnation of the PepsiCo Company over allegations that its suppliers had forced small farmers off their land.

“The pressure is only increasing on PepsiCo to address the realities of its supply chain… Coca-Cola has already identified these risks and made promises to address them. The question investors should ask is: why is PepsiCo so far behind?” campaign manager Judy Beals stated.

Oxfam suggested that its supporters sign a letter to Pepsi stating in part, “Coke, the world's biggest sugar purchaser, has committed to a zero tolerance policy on land grabs throughout its supply chain. There's no reason why you can't follow their lead.”

Coca-Cola has a factory in the Israeli city of Bnei Brak which employs roughly 450 workers.

Oxfam’s recent criticism of SodaStream stems from the organization’s long-term approach to land issues in Judea and Samaria (Shomron) – regions which were under Jordanian control from 1948 to 1967, then came under Israeli control following the 1967 Six Day War. The regions in question are now home to over 600,000 Israeli Jews; estimates as to the Palestinian Arab population range wildly, from 1.5 million to 2.3 million.

Oxfam backs the Palestinian Authority (PA) position, which views all of Judea and Samaria as rightfully Arab land. The organization has previously been criticized in Israel for blatantly ignoring Israeli law in the region.

The NGO has already felt a backlash following its singling out of SodaStream; last week, a senior Canadian Minister said he would be boycotting Oxfam and buying SodaStream in response to what he said was the charity's "anti-Israel obsession".

Appearing on Canadian Sun News last week, Kenney quipped "I've given money to Oxfam in the past because I thought they were there to help poor people, not to marginalize Israelis and make Palestinians unemployed."

Coca-Cola Funds Anti-SodaStream NGO - Inside Israel - News - Israel National News

SodaStream can be purchased in these stores.

retailer-header_073113.gif

WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT

Watch "BOYCOTT PRODUITS ISRAEL" on YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not about Coke versus Soda Stream..

Boycott both Coke and Soda Stream, they both support Israel.

Drink Pepsi or water, but check those water bottle labels be sure they are not produced by companies who benefit or support the Occupation, like Nestle.

Boycott Israel for Apartheid and Occupation in Palestine.

Last edited:

Drink Pepsi or water, but check those water bottle labels be sure they are not produced by companies who benefit or support the Occupation, like Nestle.

Boycott Coke ha ha ha. You are a joke. Never gonna happen, crazy woman.

Meanwhile I'm heading out to buy me four soda streams.

In honor of the four rivers that originated from the Garden East of Eden.

You better hurry. I told Mr Jesus all about my new SodaStream when we were bowling last night. He was so excited, He came back to the house to see it.

His eyes lit up when He saw what it could do. It seems He's getting tired of doing the whole "water into wine" thing every time His Dad throws a party.

He said He's going to buy a bunch of them, and when Dad hollers that they ran out of wine again, He's going to bring the machines in and ask "How about a Fresca?"

Muh iFoam only sended dis cuz I gibbed it a banana.

Boycott Soda Stream

Watch "Make Seltzer and Boycott Sodastream" on YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoy SodaStream!!!

Watch "SodaStream Home Soda Maker Review" on YouTube

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEAMRCpP0RA]SodaStream Home Soda Maker Review - YouTube[/ame]

Muh iFoam only sended dis cuz I gibbed it a banana

SodaStream Shows that BDS is the Real Obstacle to Peace
February 2, 2014 13:10 by Alex Margolin

This opinion piece by Alex Margolin, HR’s Social Media Editor, is republished from The Times of Israel.

scarlettjohanssonWhen the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement launched its latest campaign against SodaStream, it never could have imagined the level of defeat it would suffer in the process.

Instead of drawing attention to Israeli abuses of Palestinians, the BDS campaign generated discussions about just the opposite – that Palestinians actually benefit from the economic cooperation generated by companies like SodaStream.

In the process, the BDS managed to bring into question one of the sacred cows of the movement – that settlements are the “obstacle to peace” in the region. A reasonable person following the news might conclude that the real obstacle is the sort of blanket boycotting advocated by the BDS.

The SodaStream CEO Daniel Birnbaum told reporters he was keeping the factory in Ma’ale Adumim open out of loyalty to the hundreds of Palestinians who work there. If he moved inside the Green Line, as the BDS demands, the workers would lose their jobs.
Read the full article here.

SodaStream Shows that BDS is the Real Obstacle to Peace
February 2, 2014 13:10 by Alex Margolin

This opinion piece by Alex Margolin, HR’s Social Media Editor, is republished from The Times of Israel.

scarlettjohanssonWhen the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement launched its latest campaign against SodaStream, it never could have imagined the level of defeat it would suffer in the process.

Instead of drawing attention to Israeli abuses of Palestinians, the BDS campaign generated discussions about just the opposite – that Palestinians actually benefit from the economic cooperation generated by companies like SodaStream.

In the process, the BDS managed to bring into question one of the sacred cows of the movement – that settlements are the “obstacle to peace” in the region. A reasonable person following the news might conclude that the real obstacle is the sort of blanket boycotting advocated by the BDS.

The SodaStream CEO Daniel Birnbaum told reporters he was keeping the factory in Ma’ale Adumim open out of loyalty to the hundreds of Palestinians who work there. If he moved inside the Green Line, as the BDS demands, the workers would lose their jobs.
Read the full article here.
Also, when you have characters like Sherri Jihadi as BDS representatives and attackers of Soda Stream, it only attracts more and more people to the Soda Stream side. :clap:

You need to get a life Sherri. I mean really. You're beyond pathetic

BfeySLJCYAA3CBM-580x580.jpg

ScarJo with her Fuck me straw!

Zionist pros selling their souls for dollars!

My goodness, Mrs. Sherri, I would have never thought that a genteel Southern lady would use such language. It must be one of the Iranian gang posting here. It's funny how some people come to America, and the first thing they learn are the vulgar terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back