Louisiana Governor knows this will increase his popularity

Should the 10 Commandments be displayed in public schools in America?

• Total voters
No one is being forced to become Christian
In the schools. In a prominent place. You want displayed, that you shall worship God. That is a command.

You can't have it both ways. Either you believe that kids should be taught to worship God. Or you don't. Saying you want it displayed but nobody has to pay attention is simply bullshit.

Still too big a coward to give specifics, run along, I'm getting tired of dealing with cowards.

Specific enough?

{{meta.fullTitle}} This is specific to the ten commandments

All cases, one specifically, were the courts, at all levels and one even specific to the 10 commandments, ruled that schools could not introduce religion into the classroom.

In the schools. In a prominent place. You want displayed, that you shall worship God. That is a command.

You can't have it both ways. Either you believe that kids should be taught to worship God. Or you don't. Saying you want it displayed but nobody has to pay attention is simply bullshit.
There is no command for anybody to become Christian. There’s no way around this argument.

No one is being forced to do anything.

If There is a New York Yankees sign in a school Nobody is forced to become a Yankees fan. When a teacher has a New York Yankees logo saying “the Yankees are number one” nobody is forced to become a Yankees fan in that class.

In addition to that, I do believe the majority religion and culture of any country should be respected by all people living in that country. Whether it is Islam in Saudi Arabia or Christianity in the USA. Or Buddhism in Cambodia.

There is no command for anybody to become Christian. There’s no way around this argument.

No one is being forced to do anything.

If There is a New York Yankees sign in a school Nobody is forced to become a Yankees fan. When a teacher has a New York Yankees logo saying “the Yankees are number one” nobody is forced to become a Yankees fan in that class.

In addition to that, I do believe the majority religion and culture of any country should be respected by all people living in that country. Whether it is Islam in Saudi Arabia or Christianity in the USA. Or Buddhism in Cambodia.
Giving your opinion and stating it as fact is NOT an argument. It is called "begging the question."

Not just that, what you want to display IS a command. That's what SHALL and commandment means. To put it in your (failed analogy), it's not just a Yankee sign, it's a you "NEED to be a Yankees fan" sign, it's no A school, it's EVERY school, it's not A teacher expressing a preference, it's EVERY teacher regardless of what they think, and finally it's not A CHOICE, it's a LAW that has to be obeyed.

Not just that I linked 12 separate cases where this shit has been shot down as unconstitutional, even this very question. The culture you claim has to be respected is based on respecting the law, it's based on the principle of separation of church and state.

Hell, even in your original OP you put in this.
even though we are not technically a theocracy.
What is "technically" doing in there? It's a signal that you want it to be a theocracy in practice.

Last edited:
The governor knows that being sued by liberals would be a dream come true. It would increase his popularity. I bet they sue anyway.

---Louisiana governor ‘can’t wait to be sued’ after forcing the Ten Commandments in classrooms---

Why bother having a constitution if you ignore it like this ?

People live fine in the USA with all sorts of centuries old religions. They don’t seek to take us back to 1500’s like Islam. You object to the inspiration of religion as you are soulless.
I object to blind faith over facts and reason. What is a soul? One can be spiritual and believe that there is more to life than flesh and blood and not be religious. You know nothing about me, or life for that matter. You are an arrogant fool

how terrible, people getting rich destroying our principles, attacking members of our courts
the sad fact is, these fools think the 1st amendment abolishes, bans, the mention of god, jesus, or religion
True, but it does ban establishment, which is exactly what putting the commandments in the classroom is.

#FAITHSHOULDBEPRIVATE

Yes, if he or she does it in a classroom in a public school.
This includes the 10 commandments.
No it is not. The rule of law must be taught otherwise children will not respect the rule of law. What better way to teach law then to teach the founding of our laws.

Moses, happens to be the first I know of that established the rule of law.

Putting the commandments i the classrooms in no way shape or form, establishes or promotes a religion.
Sure it does. Particularly the first three which would unconstitutionally characterize polytheists, atheists and graven image fans as bad people.

#SEPERATIONISFUNDAMENTAL

Putting the commandments in the classrooms in no way shape or form, establishes or promotes a religion.

Oh really, the first literally says you have to worship God.
The second says you can't worship idols.
The third is you can't swear using Gods name.
And the fourth is about observing Sabbath. All highly religious tennants
No it is not. The rule of law must be taught otherwise children will not respect the rule of law. What better way to teach law then to teach the founding of our laws.

Moses, happens to be the first I know of that established the rule of law.
Then what you know is wrong. Hammurabi outdates Moses considerably and ai very much doubt you would want THOSE laws implemented in any case.

For instance Trump should have long since been stoned to death according to Moses.

Sure it does. Particularly the first three which would unconstitutionally characterize polytheists, atheists and graven image fans as bad people.

#SEPERATIONISFUNDAMENTAL
4 actually. Sabbath is also a religious concept. It's funny how all of them only ever seem to list the last six when discussing the 10 commandments.

With exception of an elective course in Religious Studies, religion has no place in public schools.
The Ten Commandments in a classroom does not establish a religion. Parts of religion certainly must be taught. Sad for you. Like, "thou shall not kill."

The origin of that law can be taught and must be taught to teach respect for a law.

Forum List

Back