"Love your enemies"

Like what. The fact is Christians are not Jews. I wish Christians would get that. Your post, spoken like a true Jew, calling others names. Which tribe did you come from?? You should know and have papers to show it right.

You do realize that Jesus was a Jew right?

Not like the Jews of that day, I doubt he would pass for a jew today. I wonder why the Magi from Persian came to give him gifts. Whether he was a Jew or not is irrelevant. He represents a new way of viewing God, a new way of worship, non violence and peace. Live by the sword and die by the sword.

Yes, Jesus was a Jew. Every Christian knows this. If you do not believe this but consider yourself a Christian, please message me and we will talk.

Also, non violence and peace are not nearly all Jesus taught. He too, got angry and preached of judgment and much much more.

Penelope, what is the idea of your response of "Christians are not Jews"? Obviously, the OP post talks about Jewish view... And as someone completely ignorant ro Jewish tradition... Why are you trying to troll? Your hating posts don't help either. So... Chillax

Sent from my GT-I9100 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

No he is not talking about the Jewish view, love your enemies is not Jewish. I am aware of your Jewish writings and views, its obvious most of you are struck in the OT and can't get out.

If you want Jewish view you either look in the OT or the Toshba.

you won't find your answers in the NT, duh.

Penelope, what is the idea of your response of "Christians are not Jews"? Obviously, the OP post talks about Jewish view... And as someone completely ignorant ro Jewish tradition... Why are you trying to troll? Your hating posts don't help either. So... Chillax

Sent from my GT-I9100 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

No he is not talking about the Jewish view, love your enemies is not Jewish. I am aware of your Jewish writings and views, its obvious most of you are struck in the OT and can't get out.

If you want Jewish view you either look in the OT or the Toshba.

you won't find your answers in the NT, duh.

Considering the New Testament was written by Jews, technically you do find a Jewish view in the New Testament.

Saw a doc about Jesus on The MIlitary Channel (why they got into religious docs I dunno) but it portrayed him as a doomsday or apocalyptic type prophet. It made some solid points.

Jesus lived at a time when as now, religion was controlled by those using it for their own advantage to earn a living. Not as a benevolent institution. He taught Judaism the way it's supposed to be, not the rigid letter-of-the-law stiffling version that benefits the clergy while dominating the faithful.

Don't need buildings for worship, or even priests and rabbis, and Jesus' sermons were outdoors embracing creation. Easy to see how this was perceived as a threat to the status quo and why he was eventually executed.

There's a fantastic episode of Frontline called "From Jesus To Christ: The First Christians" that deals with what we know about Jesus and how the current scholarship and historical/archaeological findings are changing our view of Jesus and his ministry, crimes, and contemporary perception. It's from 1998, but still very interesting.

Watch The Full Program Online | From Jesus To Christ - The First Christians | FRONTLINE | PBS

Forum List

Back