LWIR FAILS to Warm the Atmosphere by Empirical Experiment.

So you agree that energy can’t move spontaneously from cool to warm

I disagree with your solo claim that matter above 0K can't radiate in all directions.

That is a dodge...not an answer to my question...

and that a radiator in the presence of other matter radiates according to its area, it’s emissivity, and the difference between its own temperature and the temperature of its surroundings?

I disagree with your solo claim that matter doesn't radiate according to the 4th power of its thermodynamic temperature.

And yet another dodge rather than answering the question...good one...makes me look great and you look afraid to answer a couple of very simple questions...

Does matter above 0k radiate in all directions or not?

And yet another dodge rather than answering the question..

Pointing out that matter radiates according to the 4th power of its thermodynamic temperature
neatly points out your solo confusion.

makes me look great

Yes, your epicycles make you look great, to a handful of clowns.

But still, you have ZERO backup for your solo misinterpretations.
Weird. You should have hundreds of sources to easily confirm your claims...……...

sure, when it is around cooler surroundings.

Excellent claim! Now post some links confirming your claimed restrictions.
since you haven't provided any links showing they do, means I have proven my point. thanks. keep not posting links.

since you haven't provided any links showing they do,

All normal (baryonic) matter emits electromagnetic radiation when it has a temperature above absolute zero. The radiation represents a conversion of a body's internal energy into electromagnetic energy, and is therefore called thermal radiation. It is a spontaneous process of radiative distribution of entropy.

Black-body radiation - Wikipedia

and that a radiator in the presence of other matter radiates according to its area, it’s emissivity, and the difference between its own temperature and the temperature of its surroundings?

And yet another dodge rather than answering the question...good one...makes me look great and you look afraid to answer a couple of very simple questions...

Pointing out that matter radiates according to the 4th power of its thermodynamic temperature

makes me look great

Weird. You should have hundreds of sources to easily confirm your claims...……...

since you haven't provided any links showing they do, means I have proven my point. thanks. keep not posting links.

All normal (baryonic) matter emits electromagnetic radiation when it has a temperature above absolute zero. The radiation represents a conversion of a body's internal energy into electromagnetic energy, and is therefore called thermal radiation. It is a spontaneous process of radiative distribution of entropy.

that doesn't prove your point. Again, I never said all objects don't radiate above absolute zero. I said they don't radiate until they are around cooler surroundings.

makes me look great

that doesn't prove your point. Again, I never said all objects don't radiate above absolute zero. I said they don't radiate until they are around cooler surroundings.

that doesn't prove your point.

All normal (baryonic) matter emits electromagnetic radiation when it has a temperature above absolute zero.

Unless you saw any exceptions, that does prove my point.

I said they don't radiate until they are around cooler surroundings.

You keep saying that. Now can you prove it?

All normal (baryonic) matter emits electromagnetic radiation when it has a temperature above absolute zero.

Again, I never said it didn't when it is around cooler surroundings.

Again, I never said it didn't when it is around cooler surroundings

If you find anything in the link that mentions surroundings, post it.

from your link.

"Black-body radiation is the thermal electromagnetic radiationwithin or surrounding a body in thermodynamic equilibrium with its environment, or emitted by a black body (an opaque and non-reflective body)."

from your link.

"Black-body radiation is the thermal electromagnetic radiation within or surrounding a body in thermodynamic equilibrium with its environment, or emitted by a black body (an opaque and non-reflective body)."

Yes, I already saw the refutation of SSDD's claim that equilibrium means no radiating. Thanks.

Here's the next sentence.....It has a specific spectrum and intensity that depends only on the body's temperature,

The underlined portion refutes the claim that the radiation is "dialed down" based on the temperature of surrounding matter.

from your link.

"Black-body radiation is the thermal electromagnetic radiation within or surrounding a body in thermodynamic equilibrium with its environment, or emitted by a black body (an opaque and non-reflective body)."

Yes, I already saw the refutation of SSDD's claim that equilibrium means no radiating. Thanks.

Here's the next sentence.....It has a specific spectrum and intensity that depends only on the body's temperature,

The underlined portion refutes the claim that the radiation is "dialed down" based on the temperature of surrounding matter.
nope, not the interpretation at all. warm only radiates. Only warm. sorry bubba. your own link busted ya!!!

from your link.

nope, not the interpretation at all. warm only radiates. Only warm. sorry bubba. your own link busted ya!!!

nope, not the interpretation at all.

What interpretation?

intensity that depends only on the body's temperature,

That's very straight forward.

warm only radiates. Only warm.

Yes, your fantasy is very amusing, but you still haven't posted anything that refutes any of the sources I posted.

from your link.

What interpretation?

Yes, your fantasy is very amusing, but you still haven't posted anything that refutes any of the sources I posted.
more from your link:

"Black-body radiation has a characteristic, continuous frequency spectrum that depends only on the body's temperature,[9]called the Planck spectrum or Planck's law. The spectrum is peaked at a characteristic frequency that shifts to higher frequencies with increasing temperature, and at room temperature most of the emission is in the infrared region of the electromagnetic spectrum.[10][11][12] "

surrounding.

BTW, there is even more in that link. you should actually read it since you posted it.

from your link.

What interpretation?

more from your link:

"Black-body radiation has a characteristic, continuous frequency spectrum that depends only on the body's temperature,[9]called the Planck spectrum or Planck's law. The spectrum is peaked at a characteristic frequency that shifts to higher frequencies with increasing temperature, and at room temperature most of the emission is in the infrared region of the electromagnetic spectrum.[10][11][12] "

surrounding.

BTW, there is even more in that link. you should actually read it since you posted it.

None of that disagrees with my claims. Or helps your claims.

So when are you going to post something that agrees with your claims?

So as the amount of CO2 increased...the amount of radiation that could be measured with COOLED instruments increased..that is, the amount of energy moving from the warmer atmosphere to the cooler instrument increased...while the amount of back radiation that could be measured with uncooled instruments remains zero...what is your point?...other than perhaps, how easy it is to fool you.
The instruments are cooled to increase the signal to noise ratio. Back radiation would still continue no matter what the earth surface temperature is. That's science. Not your fake second law crap.

So as the amount of CO2 increased...the amount of radiation that could be measured with COOLED instruments increased..that is, the amount of energy moving from the warmer atmosphere to the cooler instrument increased...while the amount of back radiation that could be measured with uncooled instruments remains zero...what is your point?...other than perhaps, how easy it is to fool you.
The instruments are cooled to increase the signal to noise ratio. Back radiation would still continue no matter what the earth surface temperature is. That's science. Not your fake second law crap.

The instruments are cooled so that energy will move to them...you don't even get a degraded energy signature when the instrument is warmer than the radiator...cool the instrument to just a degree below the temperature of the radiator and what do you know...measurments of discrete wavelengths.. Why do you suppose that is?

too flippin funny, signal to noise. it's called doctoring the instrument to read a signal. and nothing more. cool won't flow to an ambient instrument. The mere fact you make the statement you make is exactly the reason why you can't win this debate. Loser.

from your link.

What interpretation?

more from your link:

surrounding.

I truly enjoy when the likes like you post shit that proves my point and not yours. still waiting on that flow from cold to warm. tick tock general.

What interpretation?

more from your link:

surrounding.

I truly enjoy when the likes like you post shit that proves my point and not yours. still waiting on that flow from cold to warm. tick tock general.

What part proved your "point" that matter only radiates to cooler matter?

What interpretation?

more from your link:

surrounding.

What part proved your "point" that matter only radiates to cooler matter?
the parts I quoted for you. No need to repeat it.

The instruments are cooled so that energy will move to them...you don't even get a degraded energy signature when the instrument is warmer than the radiator...cool the instrument to just a degree below the temperature of the radiator and what do you know...measurments of discrete wavelengths.. Why do you suppose that is?

Cool the instrument to just a degree below the radiator and you get a very noisy signal that degrades the measurement.

At 80 F, for an instrument at 1 degree below the radiator the signal to noise ratio would be

(300 +1) / 300.

For an instrument at 1 degree above the radiator the SNR would be

(300 -1) / 300

Both cases would have an SNR of almost 1 to 1. That is why the instrument is cooled.

Last edited:

Cool the instrument to just a degree below the radiator and you get a very noisy signal that degrades the measurement.

At 80 F, for an instrument at 1 degree below the radiator the signal to noise ratio would be

(300 +1) / 300.

For an instrument at 1 degree above the radiator the SNR would be

(300 -1) / 300

Both cases would have an SNR of almost 1 to 1. That is why the instrument is cooled.

hly fk!! the stories you tell.

The instruments are cooled so that energy will move to them...you don't even get a degraded energy signature when the instrument is warmer than the radiator...

Of course you get such a signature. Again, cheap IR cameras work uncooled. Observed reality says you're totally cuckoobananas.

Assume the camera's photoreceptors are at 20C. Explain to us, in detail what happens as the camera looks at a 21C background, and then that background cools to 19C.

Best I can tell, your theory states that all of the 21C radiation is absorbed by the camera, but as it passes below 20C, none of it is absorbed. So, your mission is to give us the specific energy equations for the photoreceptor both above and below 20C. In both cases, break it down to how much energy is being absorbed, and how much energy is being radiated.

Forum List

Back