🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Maddow Meltdown: In Defense To OAN Lawsuit, Host Argues Her Words Are Not Actually Facts

They have infinitely more credence than pathological lying scum Tramp, and even you know that.
I know Trump is being railroaded by a pathologically desperate political party anxious to gain through lies and scheming what they cannot possibly get through the ballot box.

How is that Russian collusion case coming along?

Both sides of these two network stories are just entertainment. I don't even know if a hint of truth is even mixed in anymore.

Says the flaming Leftist. Whenever you Lefties condemn those of us you despise so much, you don't attribute the actions to both sides. But when YOUR cronies are caught red-handed, WELL, it's okay because after all EVERYBODY does it. What bald-faced lying and cowardice.

Liberals Fail

Those in power knew the Russia/ Trump collusion story was BULLSHIT from the jump. They just needed an excuse to give to their wealthy donors as to why HIllary pissed away $1.2 billion.

I am a POS unlikable candidate wasn’t a good enough excuse.

Mueller was supposed to manufacture evidence.

You deal in broad brush.....Never claimed to have all the answers and neither has Rush......
Amazing how many DittoTards have never actually listened to what the "all seeing, all knowing" pathological liar actually says!

We might take you people more seriously if you weren't trying to nullify the 16 election for anything you can glom on to....Hell, you had one liberal professor that Nadler called to his section of the witch trial that espoused impeaching because the President tweets....Really?
More lies from the lying scum Right!
What he ACTUALLY said about Tramp's tweet;
"But when President Trump accuses Obama of an act that would have been impeachable and possibly criminal, that’s something much more serious than libel. If it isn’t true or provable, it’s misconduct by the highest official of the executive branch.

How is such misconduct by an official to be addressed? There’s a common-law tort of malicious prosecution, but that probably doesn’t apply when the government official has no intention to prosecute.

The answer is that the constitutional remedy for presidential misconduct is impeachment."

So, when someone takes on the mantle of the Presidency, then they are no longer afforded their rights?

Wow, how tolerant of others you are....not.
Notice how the lying scum Right try to deflect when their lies are exposed by the FACTS!!!
Pathological lying scum Tramp has not been denied any right, and nowhere in the quote it it even suggested he be denied any right!

I actually feel sorry for you.

Wait, wait, wait....You try to tell me that you try to describe Both sides with equally skeptical lens', then one damned post later describe people who don't share your political views, as "their flocks"????

You're just a liar.
Who do you think I was describing with the word "flocks"?

Jesus, and the bible often describe the followers of Christianity as a "flock". Now, knowing how most liberals have openly described Christians, and Trump supporters, as a kind of brainwashed, uneducated, dolts that have a cultist like admination of Trump, I can only surmize that you mean it in the most negative light possible.
Nope, I referred to "flocks" earlier in the thread - dedicated listeners to Division Pimps from Rush to Rachel.
Wait, wait, wait....You try to tell me that you try to describe Both sides with equally skeptical lens', then one damned post later describe people who don't share your political views, as "their flocks"????

You're just a liar.

Jesus, and the bible often describe the followers of Christianity as a "flock". Now, knowing how most liberals have openly described Christians, and Trump supporters, as a kind of brainwashed, uneducated, dolts that have a cultist like admination of Trump, I can only surmize that you mean it in the most negative light possible.
Nope, I referred to "flocks" earlier in the thread - dedicated listeners to Division Pimps from Rush to Rachel.

Well, why don't you lay out for us who you watch, listen to, or read, so that we can see why you think you have the superiority to judge....
You still won't tell me if you think my description was accurate. My description was very clear.

That in itself is very telling.

I watch and listen to the Division Pimps on both ends. That's why my description is so clear, and it's part of the reason I so regularly point out how similar the behaviors on both ends of the spectrum are.

My guess, since you won't tell me, is that you know my description is correct. At some level, perhaps even subconsciously, you know that what Hannity and Rush and the rest are feeding you is incomplete, distorted, and intellectually dishonest, but that you don't care. You're committed to your tribe, no matter what.

That's just me giving you the benefit of the doubt. I hope that you're just not being completely conned here, unaware of it.

That's hillarious...YOU telling me about intelectual honesty? Hell, you can't even admit that your a died in the wool liberal...But hey, I wouldn't admit that either if I were you.

Problem with people like you is that you assume way too much.

Well, why don't you lay out for us who you watch, listen to, or read, so that we can see why you think you have the superiority to judge....
You still won't tell me if you think my description was accurate. My description was very clear.

I watch and listen to the Division Pimps on both ends. That's why my description is so clear, and it's part of the reason I so regularly point out how similar the behaviors on both ends of the spectrum are.

My guess, since you won't tell me, is that you know my description is correct. At some level, perhaps even subconsciously, you know that what Hannity and Rush and the rest are feeding you is incomplete, distorted, and intellectually dishonest, but that you don't care. You're committed to your tribe, no matter what.

That's just me giving you the benefit of the doubt. I hope that you're just not being completely conned here, unaware of it.

That's hillarious...YOU telling me about intelectual honesty? Hell, you can't even admit that your a died in the wool liberal...But hey, I wouldn't admit that either if I were you.

My positions on the issues are located in the link at the end of the second line of my sig, in which I gleefully disembowel a Regressive Leftist: 2. >>> For the liars who pretend I claim to be a centrist/moderate/impartial/unbiased/fence-sitter: Come on Jake, man up, just this once.

I think of myself as a left-leaning independent, and I think anyone with at least average intelligence could see that from that thread.

As for your opinion me, I don't care. I do appreciate the way you've gone drama queen over my opinion, though. Always fascinating.

Tell that to their flocks.

You're just a liar.

Tell that to their flocks.

You're just a liar.

Did you see what you just stepped into there? Probably not.

You want him to tell you what he watches so you can judge him, because you don’t like the way he judges. Fascinating...

My positions on the issues are located in the link at the end of the second line of my sig, in which I gleefully disembowel a Regressive Leftist: 2. >>> For the liars who pretend I claim to be a centrist/moderate/impartial/unbiased/fence-sitter: Come on Jake, man up, just this once.

I think of myself as a left-leaning independent, and I think anyone with at least average intelligence could see that from that thread.

As for your opinion me, I don't care. I do appreciate the way you've gone drama queen over my opinion, though. Always fascinating.

Nah, no drama here Mac....To do such would imply that I care what you think...And I don't.

You're just a liar.

You're just a liar.

Did you see what you just stepped into there? Probably not.

You want him to tell you what he watches so you can judge him, because you don’t like the way he judges. Fascinating...

Well, I laid out what I watch and listen to, honestly...Why is it out of bounds for me to ask of him? Unless you think only those that lean left are ok to judge others....? Pretty typical leftist thinking there.

Nah, no drama here Mac....To do such would imply that I care what you think...And I don't.

Wow,you just keep stepping into it.

If you don’t care what he thinks why do you continue to engage with him, and why do ask him where he gets his new? Further fascination...

Well, I have NEVER taken anything she says as truthful or remotely near Truthful.

Maddow Meltdown: In Defense To OAN Lawsuit, Host Argues Her Words Are Not Facts

Back in September, we reported that TV network OAN had filed a lawsuit against Rachel Maddow for the time the host said that OAN “really, literally is paid Russian propaganda.”

Now, Maddow finds herself having to come up with a defense for her statement in court. And she has also apparently hired Lionel Hutz as her legal adviser.

According to Culttture, her lawyers argued in a recent motion that "…the liberal host was clearly offering up her ‘own unique expression’ of her views to capture what she saw as the ‘ridiculous’ nature of the undisputed facts. Her comment, therefore, is a quintessential statement ‘of rhetorical hyperbole, incapable of being proved true or false."

Oh, it's capable of being proved false, alright. Maddow had previously claimed, on air, about one of OAN's reporters:

“In this case, the most obsequiously pro-Trump right wing news outlet in America is really literally is paid Russian propaganda,” and added, “Their on-air politics reporter (Kristian Rouz) is paid by the Russian government to produce propaganda for that government.”​
The testimony of UC Santa Barbara linguistics professor Stefan Thomas Gries, however, stands at odds with Maddow's defense. Gries said: “It is very unlikely that an average or reasonable/ordinary viewer would consider the sentence in question to be a statement of opinion.”...

OAN had filed the defamation suit in federal court in San Diego, according to AP. OAN is a small, family owned conservative network that is based in San Diego and has received favorable Tweets from the President. It is seen as a competitor to Fox News.

OAN's lawsuit claims that Maddow's comments were retaliation after OAN President Charles Herring accused Comcast of censorship. The suit said that Comcast refuses to carry its channel because “counters the liberal politics of Comcast’s own news channel, MSNBC.”

It was about a week after Herring e-mailed a Comcast executive when Maddow opened her show by referring to a Daily Beast report that claimed an OAN employee also worked for Sputnik News, which has ties to the Russian government.

Maddow said: “In this case, the most obsequiously pro-Trump right-wing news outlet in America really literally is paid Russian propaganda. Their on-air U.S. politics reporter is paid by the Russian government to produce propaganda for that government.”

idiot_1.png
Yep! Ths seems to be a case of "Who's sorry now?"
idiot_1.png

If you don’t care what he thinks why do you continue to engage with him, and why do ask him where he gets his new? Further fascination...
Fascinating indeed. This place is always an interesting psychological / sociological / anthropological study.

Hey dumbass, this is a message board...trying to have a conversation is what happens in here....

Hopefully this helps reign in the crazy nuttiness that seems to be so much of these so called news people.

She made a hard statement aired by her network that is owned by a cable company that block the smaller network, it seems like a solid case. It would be interesting if part of the settlement would be for Maddow to issue an on air apology.

Her use of the word "literally" sinks her.

Fascinating indeed. This place is always an interesting psychological / sociological / anthropological study.

You should try having a civil conversation with those of all opinions instead of trying to demean everyone who disagrees with you....

Both sides of these two network stories are just entertainment. I don't even know if a hint of truth is even mixed in anymore.

Says the flaming Leftist. Whenever you Lefties condemn those of us you despise so much, you don't attribute the actions to both sides. But when YOUR cronies are caught red-handed, WELL, it's okay because after all EVERYBODY does it. What bald-faced lying and cowardice.

Liberals Fail

Lol. Im not a leftist.

You should try having a civil conversation with those of all opinions instead of trying to demean everyone who disagrees with you....
Look back at our "conversation". You keep attacking and accusing, while I'm just playing rope-a-dope, letting you punch yourself out.

If you want to keep going, go ahead. I'm under no obligation to continue when I already know where the conversation is going.

Look back at our "conversation". You keep attacking and accusing, while I'm just playing rope-a-dope, letting you punch yourself out.

If you want to keep going, go ahead. I'm under no obligation to continue when I already know where the conversation is going.

Oh, so you're just trolling....Got it.

Well, I have NEVER taken anything she says as truthful or remotely near Truthful.

Back in September, we reported that TV network OAN had filed a lawsuit against Rachel Maddow for the time the host said that OAN “really, literally is paid Russian propaganda.”

Now, Maddow finds herself having to come up with a defense for her statement in court. And she has also apparently hired Lionel Hutz as her legal adviser.

According to Culttture, her lawyers argued in a recent motion that "…the liberal host was clearly offering up her ‘own unique expression’ of her views to capture what she saw as the ‘ridiculous’ nature of the undisputed facts. Her comment, therefore, is a quintessential statement ‘of rhetorical hyperbole, incapable of being proved true or false."

Oh, it's capable of being proved false, alright. Maddow had previously claimed, on air, about one of OAN's reporters:

“In this case, the most obsequiously pro-Trump right wing news outlet in America is really literally is paid Russian propaganda,” and added, “Their on-air politics reporter (Kristian Rouz) is paid by the Russian government to produce propaganda for that government.”​
The testimony of UC Santa Barbara linguistics professor Stefan Thomas Gries, however, stands at odds with Maddow's defense. Gries said: “It is very unlikely that an average or reasonable/ordinary viewer would consider the sentence in question to be a statement of opinion.”...

OAN had filed the defamation suit in federal court in San Diego, according to AP. OAN is a small, family owned conservative network that is based in San Diego and has received favorable Tweets from the President. It is seen as a competitor to Fox News.

OAN's lawsuit claims that Maddow's comments were retaliation after OAN President Charles Herring accused Comcast of censorship. The suit said that Comcast refuses to carry its channel because “counters the liberal politics of Comcast’s own news channel, MSNBC.”

It was about a week after Herring e-mailed a Comcast executive when Maddow opened her show by referring to a Daily Beast report that claimed an OAN employee also worked for Sputnik News, which has ties to the Russian government.

Maddow said: “In this case, the most obsequiously pro-Trump right-wing news outlet in America really literally is paid Russian propaganda. Their on-air U.S. politics reporter is paid by the Russian government to produce propaganda for that government.”

idiot_1.png

Maddow has never been on the (strictly reporting news) news side of modern news broadcasting, which has devolved to all news sources editorializing into the news their political slant on the news . She is decidedly on the editorial opinion side, though she does put many facts out as she (cherry?) picks and chooses stories and facts to underline her opinion (propaganda?). Her controversial (opinion) conclusion in this story in this story is that nobody should pay attention to OAN because they are paid propagandists of Russia. She is basing this boadbased opinion on two undisputed facts. (1) OAN is a far right wing supporting media outlet. (2) Kristian Brunovitch Rouz has written 900 plus articles for
This is what the Division Pimps do: They take some kernel of truth and twist it to fit their agenda.

They focus on and expand on all information that supports their agenda, and avoid and distort all that does not.

Since they used a fact to begin with, their flocks extrapolate that out and believe the whole pile of crap.

The problem is that their flocks don't appear to realize this.

Maddow has never been on the (strictly reporting news) news side of modern news broadcasting, which has devolved to all news sources editorializing into the news their political slant on the news . She is decidedly on the editorial opinion side, though she does put many facts out as she (cherry?) picks and chooses stories and facts to underline her opinion (propaganda?). Her controversial (opinion) conclusion in this story is that nobody should pay attention to OAN because they are paid propagandists of Russia. She is basing this boadbased opinion on two undisputed facts. (1) OAN is a far right wing supporting media outlet. (2) Kristian Brunovitch Rouz (from Novosibrisk, in Siberia) has written 900 plus articles for Sputnik, located in Moscow and run by the Kremlin. Is she guilty of a gross overstatement, saying the media outlet itself is on the payroll of Russia? Maybe. But will it score a decisive $10,000,000 dollar win against Maddow and MSNBC? Hard to say. I suspect a settlement where both sides claim total victory, each having got their name out into their target market echo chamber. Trump’s New Favorite Channel Employs Kremlin-Paid Journalist Sputnik reporter working for pro-Trump TV channel : fakenews https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/One_A...nik_reporter_working_for_protrump_tv_channel/

idiot_1.png
There is no excuse for the kind of calumny Maddow has been pumping out day after day. The use of calumny is not covered by freedom of speech. She did it as a political hit, and whatever the reason is, she committed a treasonous betrayal of the public with words she created and acted out as if they were gospel. They weren't. She is not accounting for what she said and did in fact. She's trying to get out of a lawsuit that should have shut her down from committing this kind of hubris again against the President of the United States. If she'd said his tie was crooked, that's okay. If she said his hair was orange, well, it is, and that's okay. But when she lied about the details of his activities, she crossed the line, because she was making up things that would hurt the people of the United States and our leader, to convince others to get rid of him. Calumny is not protected under the freedom of speech. And she's not the only one who went out of her way to create a false narrative about the President. There is agreement among the press of many liberal areas who want what the Democrat party wants, which is failure of the American government. And they'll say anything to grab it. That's not what the founders intended. Not by a long shot.

Forum List

Back