Mafia Discussion Thread: Keep Your Torches and Pitchforks at Home!

I'm not saying I want to run this but what does anyone think of this idea?

3 Mafia Goons
2 Werewolves
6 Vanilla Townies
1 Town Seer

Mafia Goon
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Goon, along with your partners, [Player Name] and [Player Name].
Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partners here [QuickTopic link].
Win condition: You win when at least half of the living players are mafia, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Werewolf
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Werewolf, along with your partner, [Player Name].
Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partner here [QuickTopic link].
Factional kill: Each night phase, you or your partner may perform the group nightkill.
Win condition: You win when at least half of the living players are werewolves and at least one pro-town role remains, or if you obtain full majority, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Vanilla Townie
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Vanilla Townie.
Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.
Win condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Town Seer
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Town Seer.
Each night phase, you may investigate one player in the game by PM'ing the mod. You will get results back in the form of Werewolf/Not Werewolf.
Win condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

No way of fingering mafia aside from WIFOM? Eh....

Mafia doesn't kill so it's a way to balance it out. I found this online somewhere and I think it's been played on the main site too. I like this idea or something similar to this idea. Numbers would vary depending on number of players.

OR, I think it's about damn time we got a serial killer in one of these games. The SK would have to have some protection like bullet proof or investigative immune or something for balance.

3 Mafia Goons
2 Werewolves
6 Vanilla Townies
1 Town Seer

Mafia Goon
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Goon, along with your partners, [Player Name] and [Player Name].
Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partners here [QuickTopic link].
Win condition: You win when at least half of the living players are mafia, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Werewolf
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Werewolf, along with your partner, [Player Name].
Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partner here [QuickTopic link].
Factional kill: Each night phase, you or your partner may perform the group nightkill.
Win condition: You win when at least half of the living players are werewolves and at least one pro-town role remains, or if you obtain full majority, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Vanilla Townie

Town Seer
Each night phase, you may investigate one player in the game by PM'ing the mod. You will get results back in the form of Werewolf/Not Werewolf.

Mafia doesn't kill so it's a way to balance it out. I found this online somewhere and I think it's been played on the main site too. I like this idea or something similar to this idea. Numbers would vary depending on number of players.

OR, I think it's about damn time we got a serial killer in one of these games. The SK would have to have some protection like bullet proof or investigative immune or something for balance.

Immunity to investigation would be incriminating in itself, wouldn't it?

3 Mafia Goons
2 Werewolves
6 Vanilla Townies
1 Town Seer

Mafia Goon

Werewolf

Vanilla Townie

Town Seer

They'd get investigated by a cop as town. Since a SK has to be the only one standing to win, it's a way to balance it. OR they are bulletproof and you have to lynch them.

3 Mafia Goons
2 Werewolves
6 Vanilla Townies
1 Town Seer

Mafia Goon

Werewolf

Vanilla Townie

Town Seer

They'd get investigated by a cop as town. Since a SK has to be the only one standing to win, it's a way to balance it. OR they are bulletproof and you have to lynch them.

So if scum can't kill, what's the difference between them & town?

3 Mafia Goons
2 Werewolves
6 Vanilla Townies
1 Town Seer

Mafia Goon

Werewolf

Vanilla Townie

Town Seer

They can talk at night in QT is the biggest difference. Plus, they need to beat both town and wolves both. Town and them have the same goal to take out the werewolves but town and mafia also want to take each other out. Wolves are dangerous because they can kill which is balanced by a town seer.

I'd like to see someone else mod a game next. *Tired.

Am ready and willing to show how fun and easy it is to mod a game, too. :D

I'll play, but don't hyperlynch me Day 1, y'hear? Right? Guys...? :p

I already think FA or Grandma wants to do it. I'm just pitching ideas. I think a few people have said they want to take a break for a bit anyway so we have time to work all this out I would think. I would do it, but I might want to wait until the game after the next one to mod one. Just because RL is kicking my butt.

3 Mafia Goons
2 Werewolves
6 Vanilla Townies
1 Town Seer

Mafia Goon

Werewolf

Vanilla Townie

Town Seer

They can talk at night in QT is the biggest difference. Plus, they need to beat both town and wolves both. Town and them have the same goal to take out the werewolves but town and mafia also want to take each other out. Wolves are dangerous because they can kill which is balanced by a town seer.

So you might as well call them Town Team 1 & Town Team 2.

Night chat is useless if they have no reason to scheme.

3 Mafia Goons
2 Werewolves
6 Vanilla Townies
1 Town Seer

Mafia Goon

Werewolf

Vanilla Townie

Town Seer

It's basically a neighborhood for scum and yeah, it's just like different factions. Giving mafia killing ability would hurt town too much.

3 Mafia Goons
2 Werewolves
6 Vanilla Townies
1 Town Seer

Mafia Goon

Werewolf

Vanilla Townie

Town Seer

It's basically a neighborhood for scum and yeah, it's just like different factions. Giving mafia killing ability would hurt town too much.

Not if you give town PR's.

Does it feel, if only slightly, that Mafia sharpens at least one or two basic skills, like analysis or lying? Feels like it sharpens my mind a bit, and helps me adapt/react better to various situations.

You know you've played too much Mafia when you put down "Night" instead of "night" while charting in health care.

Does it feel, if only slightly, that Mafia sharpens at least one or two basic skills, like analysis or lying? Feels like it sharpens my mind a bit, and helps me adapt/react better to various situations.

You know you've played too much Mafia when you put down "Night" instead of "night" while charting in health care.

Update the OP when you have some time, please?

kthx!

3 Mafia Goons
2 Werewolves
6 Vanilla Townies
1 Town Seer

Mafia Goon

Werewolf

Vanilla Townie

Town Seer

Town has a seer. That is a PR. You could give mafia a PR but I'm not sure what in this set up.

3 Mafia Goons
2 Werewolves
6 Vanilla Townies
1 Town Seer

Mafia Goon

Werewolf

Vanilla Townie

Town Seer

Town has a seer. That is a PR. You could give mafia a PR but I'm not sure what in this set up.
Serial killer.

3 Mafia Goons
2 Werewolves
6 Vanilla Townies
1 Town Seer

Mafia Goon

Werewolf

Vanilla Townie

Town Seer

Serial killer.

SK's are not mafia. They work alone. They win when mafia and town are both defeated. Like werewolves only there is just one. They win when they are the last player alive which is why they need some help. Usually they get investigation immunity-town result by a cop or they are BP and have to be lynched. They can kill at night also.

In the above setup, Mafia having their own neighborhood, knowing they are all mafia is a pretty good counterweight to not being able to kill. Scheming can be pretty powerful if they can all work together.

Another possibility is the use of a White Mage-they can protect someone at night and the protection last 2 nights, only having to be used once, town role.

Another one is mafia rolecop-they can investigate to try to find PR's.

Then there's the Alpha, Beta werewolf dynamic-Alpha only dies if Betas die and Betas investigate as town.

The combinations are endless really. I'm a wolf nut-so I like the idea of wolves in the game even if they are always on the side of evil, LOL.

3 Mafia Goons
2 Werewolves
6 Vanilla Townies
1 Town Seer

Mafia Goon

Werewolf

Vanilla Townie

Town Seer

Serial killer.

SK's are not mafia. They work alone. They win when mafia and town are both defeated. Like werewolves only there is just one. They win when they are the last player alive which is why they need some help. Usually they get investigation immunity-town result by a cop or they are BP and have to be lynched. They can kill at night also.

In the above setup, Mafia having their own neighborhood, knowing they are all mafia is a pretty good counterweight to not being able to kill. Scheming can be pretty powerful if they can all work together.

Another possibility is the use of a White Mage-they can protect someone at night and the protection last 2 nights, only having to be used once, town role.

Another one is mafia rolecop-they can investigate to try to find PR's.

Then there's the Alpha, Beta werewolf dynamic-Alpha only dies if Betas die and Betas investigate as town.

The combinations are endless really. I'm a wolf nut-so I like the idea of wolves in the game even if they are always on the side of evil, LOL.
Sounds like wolves are brokenly powerful (especially alpha/beta) and mafia is town w/ chat.

I like the fire/ice dynamic much more, as far as balance goes.

Sounds like wolves are brokenly powerful (especially alpha/beta) and mafia is town w/ chat.

I like the fire/ice dynamic much more, as far as balance goes.

Yeah, with the Alpha/Beta, there would have to be a different set up then the one above. Just coming up with these games and balancing them and making them interesting is kind a large project. They do it on the main site with several reviewers sometimes helping with the larger games. Then the mods get them approved before they can even play them. Lots of work but I'm sure some people love that.

I learned a few things from TierShift today.

1) Avoid arguments at all costs. Invalidate attacks by explaining why they are wrong. Don't fight the attacker. If they make a fair point, acknowledge it. Refute what's wrong. Then continue with your scum targets. Micro 382 - CREDIMVS PAVONI DEORVM Game Over bull mafiascum.net

2) If everyone agrees with you, something's wrong.

3) Be concise. It pays huge dividends.

Forum List

Back