Mafia Discussion Thread: Keep Your Torches and Pitchforks at Home!

Sounds like a lot of fun actually. +1 VT's I'm assuming are 1-shot BP's. Yeah, I can see that being necessary if there's a vig in the game also and they would be protected from that as well for one turn. I would give one of the scum a PR also to balance things out and make sure there were closer to 16 players so town can have the extra VT's. I'm assuming by scum double kill that means for one night scum get 2 NK's if they happen to get this object and then it would disappear right? Otherwise whatever townie had it would be immune from NK that night they had it. That is a very clever idea Sameech and I like it.

Yes on the object no on the VT's. In the balancing of powers the goal was on the werewolf system to have a net zero. VT's were +1 weight, cops were +7 regular scum were -6, so a simple example would be to have 2 scum (2*-6=-12) and hit a zero balance you would need a cop (7) and 5 VT's (5*1). Different roles had different weights and modifiers within roles affected their weight so a full doc was a 7 I think but a doc with certain limits on them might only be a +3 or +4. In my case, I threw in a couple extra 1 pt VT's on the town side just so it was more likely that the when the object hit scum hands and became a double kill it was less likely to be the game winning moment. Nobody would have been told who gave them the object, just that they received it, what it did for them, and they had to pass it to someone else at the end of the night so the person knew they had it the game day before the night it protected them if town.

That's an interesting way to go on the balancing and completely makes sense. I see you did say the vig is one-shot so really 1-shot BP's would not be needed. This is a good idea Sameech, especially passing the object around. It makes things interesting and fun. I like an element of mystery in the games where you don't know what is going to happen necessarily at times. It is amazing to me how creative some people are who create these games. There's a lot more to it than you would think to keep it more fun and balanced.

That's an interesting way to go on the balancing and completely makes sense. I see you did say the vig is one-shot so really 1-shot BP's would not be needed. This is a good idea Sameech, especially passing the object around. It makes things interesting and fun. I like an element of mystery in the games where you don't know what is going to happen necessarily at times. It is amazing to me how creative some people are who create these games. There's a lot more to it than you would think to keep it more fun and balanced.

In that set up, the effect of the object was really to create a scum PR but a town member would determine which one since the probability of it reaching scum was high and the probability of it protecting town was low. When I did my math, i treated it as a scum PR and not as a town protect so I made one scum a SK points wise I think for the purpose of the math. Likewise, I decreased the doc power so I could boost the cop with the ghost power and throw in the martyr. I forget why I made one scum drunk other than just for the drama of it so I may have started them off that way instead of doing it to even out the math. When you see people who limit a game to X-players, it is probably because they have zeroed the balance in setting it up and don't want to have to tinker with it if one more person or one less person wants to play.

Personally, I could use at least a 2 week break between this one and any new game. RL is a bitch and I let myself get too absorbed in these silly games sometimes.

All over USMB I'm seeing players and potential players having RL issues. I figure it's best to let everyone catch up to themselves and let the dust around them settle, otherwise very few people will sign up for the game and most of them will replace out.

A couple weeks won't hurt.

It seems that a lot of players are in need of a break, real life's got us up to our ears.

I'm going to wait until mid-October to Halloween before I start the signups for my game.

No matter where it is in the game, you should require a mandatory lynching on Halloween night. The person with the most votes against them gets the axe whether it is 1/2 + 1 or not

It seems that a lot of players are in need of a break, real life's got us up to our ears.

I'm going to wait until mid-October to Halloween before I start the signups for my game.

No matter where it is in the game, you should require a mandatory lynching on Halloween night. The person with the most votes against them gets the axe whether it is 1/2 + 1 or not

I might give a 'boo' save one player possesses just in case they may be conftown.

Or maybe on Halloween night that person gets 'tricked' and they lose their ability- even if scum or PR they can't use their PR that night and if scum they cant kill that night. LOL

Yeah, Halloween night is a bad night for me. I'm always V/LA on Halloween for obvious reasons.

images

I can't wait—we'll meet up again soon! :huddle:

Ooooh - I should put an annoying religious nut in the game!

I went to a wedding like that once. an addled older relative of the groom insisted on being part of the service and got all fire and brimstone at a wedding. It was kind of funny because he went on forever and nobody was paying attention to him after 5 minutes.

Perhaps an Amish relative can show up at the wedding or a Christian Scientist can be cut and need stitches on a broken champagne bottle or something.

Yeah, Halloween night is a bad night for me. I'm always V/LA on Halloween for obvious reasons.

images

Because you are a Jehovah's Witness who boycotts all holidays, especially devil worshipping ones?

LOL-HaHa.

No because I spent the night howling at the moon and can't type in my wolf form. Duh Sameech. I mean c'mon it's obvious.

OR, I take my daughter over to her cousins for a big group Trick or Treat fest.

Take your pick. :biggrin:

images

Because you are a Jehovah's Witness who boycotts all holidays, especially devil worshipping ones?

LOL-HaHa.

No because I spent the night howling at the moon and can't type in my wolf form. Duh Sameech. I mean c'mon it's obvious.

OR, I take my daughter over to her cousins for a big group Trick or Treat fest.

Take your pick. :biggrin:

I'll go with that is your time of the month because it reminds me of that gross limerick about a Vampire Named Mable.

A Pat Robertson type? That would be hysterical!! :p

One of those types that follow you around and every single thing you do is "do you think our Lord and Savior would approve?'' and "Are you willing to invite the wrath of God on this household for the sake of your wordly desires?" - kind of a Church Lady type.

One of those types that follow you around and every single thing you do is "do you think our Lord and Savior would approve?'' and "Are you willing to invite the wrath of God on this household for the sake of your wordly desires?" - kind of a Church Lady type.

Oh yeah, that would be an instant vote from me and and instant NK if I was scum. Those types annoy the shit out of me. :biggrin:

Make it like the hex and whoever is targeted has to put scripture from the religion of their choice in every post for the day

Forum List

Back