Majority of Americans Say It Not the Government's Responsibility to Insure Everyone

The deaths caused by our Pubscam health ''system'', not mentioned on the Pub propaganda machine, Pub dupe...

Not a pub. I try not to be a dupe.

600k people die from malpractice every year. Is that Republicans' fault too? And what pub scam system are you referring to? Republicans never took control of healthcare.

There is a new poll out today by Gallup that shows a major shift in American's thinking, and is very bad news for the Democrat Party. A clear majority of Americans are now saying it is not the Government's responsibility to insure everyone. This shows a dramatic change in thinking since Obamacare has become reality. Only 42% of people in America now agree with the premise. Here is a link to the story and the data.

Majority in U.S. Say Healthcare Not Gov't Responsibility

Funny, the majority believed it was until Obama became president.

It's because he's black.

How will the cost curve go down?

By Obamacare destroying the current mess before any old state plan is declared compliant under the next president.

What mess? Are you referring to the current situation of people losing their insurance? Or the fact that men are now required to buy maternity coverage and birth control? What part of this law makes sense to you? In 3,000 pages you should have several points to bring up if you wish to defend it.

So the people that fail to educate themselves should be cared for and nurtured by the people who dedicate themselves to success? Is that your argument?

I never said that people fail to educate themselves. But it is a fact that some people will not make it beyond, say, High School - not necessarily because they didn't pay attention, but because they don't have the 'smarts' to make it further.

That does not mean that those people should be denied decent health coverage.

They should get the best health care they can afford.

Which is not much.

No, the majority of Americans believe people should take responsibility for their own lives. I know to Libtards this is a alien concept, but it truly is what built America.

Again, the rich get everything and the poor get screwed, as always.

If the poor got everything the rich get, then why would anyone work for a living?

The poor don't get everything the rich have here - but they do get access to the best health care, no matter what their income.

I never said that people fail to educate themselves. But it is a fact that some people will not make it beyond, say, High School - not necessarily because they didn't pay attention, but because they don't have the 'smarts' to make it further.

Which is not much.

Yep.

You just don't like that some people are more successful than others?

If the poor got everything the rich get, then why would anyone work for a living?

The poor don't get everything the rich have here - but they do get access to the best health care, no matter what their income.

Well, that's what some of you are trying to dictate, but why? Why is health care different than anything else that costs money?

Well, that's what some of you are trying to dictate, but why? Why is health care different than anything else that costs money?

Why should they get "access" to the best health care and not the best food, housing, clothing, transportation, etc, etc, etc....?

Because I believe, and my country believes, that everyone has the right to healthcare. Its not a luxury, its a moral right, and a duty of our government to provide it.

The deaths caused by our Pubscam health ''system'', not mentioned on the Pub propaganda machine, Pub dupe...

Not a pub. I try not to be a dupe.

600k people die from malpractice every year. Is that Republicans' fault too? And what pub scam system are you referring to? Republicans never took control of healthcare.

The system greedy rich Pubs have been defending for 100 years...600k sounds ridiculous, btw.That's 15 TIMES AS MANY AS DIE IN TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS LOL...

Why should they get "access" to the best health care and not the best food, housing, clothing, transportation, etc, etc, etc....?

Because clothing and having a car is not a 'right'. Anyone can get clothes, not everyone can get health care.

Because I believe, and my country believes, that everyone has the right to healthcare. Its not a luxury, its a moral right, and a duty of our government to provide it.

They do? That's hardly a consensus. Many of us, in fact, think it's a wholly incoherent concept. Government isn't there to be our caretaker. We grant government the power to use force to defend us from those who would abuse it. Not as a means of forcing others to give us shit we want.

So the majority believe that the rich have the right to the best healthcare options, and the poor can just suffer with sub standard care?

No, the majority of Americans believe people should take responsibility for their own lives. I know to Libtards this is a alien concept, but it truly is what built America.

How about you get what you "work" for and contribute with your OWN money to obtain, just like every other policy you're required to have? Do we have the American taxpayer contributing revenue into the government to insure everyone has a whole life insurance policy? I'm sure if people were wise in handling their OWN finances, the no brainer need to set aside a portion towards your own future, there wouldn't be a need for social security either.

They do? That's hardly a consensus. Many of us, in fact, think it's a wholly incoherent concept. Government isn't there to be our caretaker. We grant government the power to use force to defend us from those who would abuse it. Not as a means of forcing others to give us shit we want.

No one forces the government to give us everything we want. But when it comes to matters of health care, rather than deal with huge bills because people can't afford to pay, we have a system in which we all pay taxes which contribute to the health care of others. Its not perfect, but it works, and the vast majority of Australians believe that it is the best system.

Which is not much.

You're free to write them a check if you think they should have more.

How about you get what you "work" for and contribute with your OWN money to obtain, just like every other policy you're required to have? Do we have the American taxpayer contributing revenue into the government to insure everyone has a whole life insurance policy? I'm sure if people were wise in handling their OWN finances, the no brainer need to set aside a portion towards your own future, there wouldn't be a need for social security either.

I am not sure what it costs for decent health care over there, but for me, I couldn't afford to pay several hundred a month for health care, so I stay a public patient, meaning that any treatment I need is free.
If I chose to go private, I would still be paying taxes into the public system anyway, plus, your insurance doesn't cover your entire medical costs.

For example, if you had $10,000 worth of medical treatment, your insurance may only cover half of that, so you get stuck with what is called a 'Gap' - that is, the amount your insurance won't pay, you get stuck with. As a public patient, the cost to myself is $0.

If it's a moral right, then why don't all the people in Angola have the best healthcare money can buy?

You assume that everyone can get into a high paying job if they want it, and you also assume that everyone is smart. Some people are not, and will never progress beyond the jobs they currently hold. That is reality - it is life. There are opportunities out there, but only if you are capable of taking them. For some people, its a dream out of reach.

So the people that fail to educate themselves should be cared for and nurtured by the people who dedicate themselves to success? Is that your argument?

Who is denying them health care and why? Please explain.

Who is denying them health care and why? Please explain.

They are denied the same health care that rich people have access to.

Forum List

Back