Majority of Americans Say It Not the Government's Responsibility to Insure Everyone

HELLO HATER DUPES- you're ALREADY paying for their health care, just in the stupidest, most expensive way POSSIBLE. Pubs, Big Health, and insurers are just defending their obscene profits...change the channel, you know nothing about ACA except stupid insults and divisive hatespeak....

Again, the rich get everything and the poor get screwed, as always.

How about you get what you "work" for and contribute with your OWN money to obtain, just like every other policy you're required to have? Do we have the American taxpayer contributing revenue into the government to insure everyone has a whole life insurance policy? I'm sure if people were wise in handling their OWN finances, the no brainer need to set aside a portion towards your own future, there wouldn't be a need for social security either.

I am not sure what it costs for decent health care over there, but for me, I couldn't afford to pay several hundred a month for health care, so I stay a public patient, meaning that any treatment I need is free.
If I chose to go private, I would still be paying taxes into the public system anyway, plus, your insurance doesn't cover your entire medical costs.

For example, if you had $10,000 worth of medical treatment, your insurance may only cover half of that, so you get stuck with what is called a 'Gap' - that is, the amount your insurance won't pay, you get stuck with. As a public patient, the cost to myself is $0.

The reason you can't afford private insurance is the fact that you're paying several hundred a month in taxes to support the government system.

Well, that's what some of you are trying to dictate, but why? Why is health care different than anything else that costs money?

Because I believe, and my country believes, that everyone has the right to healthcare. Its not a luxury, its a moral right, and a duty of our government to provide it.

If it's a moral right, then why don't all the people in Angola have the best healthcare money can buy?

We don't 'buy' healthcare. Its provided to us for free. Some people can whinge about the wait times, and the waiting lists, but 99% of those people are waiting for non emergency surgery.

I can't fault the public system. It saved the life of my sister four years ago. It saved the life of my nana five months ago. It saved the life of my auntie 10 years ago, and it saved the life of an uncle twice. Not to mention that it saved my mothers life after she nearly bled to death after giving birth to my sister.

You say its a bad system, other people complain about it, yet unless you have personal, good experience with it, you can't condemn it.

The poor don't get everything the rich have here - but they do get access to the best health care, no matter what their income.

Well, that's what some of you are trying to dictate, but why? Why is health care different than anything else that costs money?

Because I believe, and my country believes, that everyone has the right to healthcare. Its not a luxury, its a moral right, and a duty of our government to provide it.

Two things. 1. It is not a right. 2. The majority of Americans disagree with you.

How about you get what you "work" for and contribute with your OWN money to obtain, just like every other policy you're required to have? Do we have the American taxpayer contributing revenue into the government to insure everyone has a whole life insurance policy? I'm sure if people were wise in handling their OWN finances, the no brainer need to set aside a portion towards your own future, there wouldn't be a need for social security either.

I am not sure what it costs for decent health care over there, but for me, I couldn't afford to pay several hundred a month for health care, so I stay a public patient, meaning that any treatment I need is free.
If I chose to go private, I would still be paying taxes into the public system anyway, plus, your insurance doesn't cover your entire medical costs.

For example, if you had $10,000 worth of medical treatment, your insurance may only cover half of that, so you get stuck with what is called a 'Gap' - that is, the amount your insurance won't pay, you get stuck with. As a public patient, the cost to myself is $0.

The reason you can't afford private insurance is the fact that you're paying several hundred a month in taxes to support the government system.

I actually pay less tax now than I did because the tax threshold was lifted. That's a huge help to low income workers.
I am not sure how much of my tax goes into the healthcare system - we pay for many other things, don't forget. Its a very small portion of our tax that is channeled into the health system, but spread out over millions of working Aussies, its enough to ensure we are all looked after.

If it's a moral right, then why don't all the people in Angola have the best healthcare money can buy?

We don't 'buy' healthcare. Its provided to us for free. Some people can whinge about the wait times, and the waiting lists, but 99% of those people are waiting for non emergency surgery.

I can't fault the public system. It saved the life of my sister four years ago. It saved the life of my nana five months ago. It saved the life of my auntie 10 years ago, and it saved the life of an uncle twice. Not to mention that it saved my mothers life after she nearly bled to death after giving birth to my sister.

You say its a bad system, other people complain about it, yet unless you have personal, good experience with it, you can't condemn it.

You think your healthcare is free?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That is hilarious!

Two things. 1. It is not a right. 2. The majority of Americans disagree with you.

I am aware that Americans don't agree. I am not an American. I believe the only reason people disagree with me is because they haven't experienced such a system themselves.

Why do you not believe health care is a right?

I never said that people fail to educate themselves. But it is a fact that some people will not make it beyond, say, High School - not necessarily because they didn't pay attention, but because they don't have the 'smarts' to make it further.

That does not mean that those people should be denied decent health coverage.

Who is denying them health care and why? Please explain.

They are denied the same health care that rich people have access to.

I am denied many things rich people have access to. So what?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That is hilarious!

'Free' as in the sense that we don't actually take money from our accounts and hand it over. The tax we pay never makes it into our account.

Oh well, that's different. I mean, American healthcare never saved anyone's life!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That is hilarious!

'Free' as in the sense that we don't actually take money from our accounts and hand it over. The tax we pay never makes it into our account.

In other words, you have no idea how much you are actually paying.

Who is denying them health care and why? Please explain.

They are denied the same health care that rich people have access to.

I am denied many things rich people have access to. So what?

As am I. I don't have a big house, or a flash car, and I can't afford to go to University. I can't afford to live in the big city, either, or fly on a plane, or go on a holiday. I am not entitled to any of those things. I am, however, entitled to health care, regardless of my income.

I am aware that Americans don't agree. I am not an American. I believe the only reason people disagree with me is because they haven't experienced such a system themselves.

Because a right, in the political context, is a freedom - not a guarantee of service.

Last edited:

Because I right, in the political context, is a freedom - not a guarantee of service.

Healthcare is a freedom?

Because a right, in the political context, is a freedom - not a guarantee of service.

Healthcare is a freedom?

No, health care is a service that someone else must provide for you. No one has the 'right' to be taken care of.

How will the cost curve go down?

By Obamacare destroying the current mess before any old state plan is declared compliant under the next president.

What mess? Are you referring to the current situation of people losing their insurance? Or the fact that men are now required to buy maternity coverage and birth control? What part of this law makes sense to you? In 3,000 pages you should have several points to bring up if you wish to defend it.
You have to destroy the statist belief system root and branch to get back to liberty and this pos is doing exactly that.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back