Making progress, 40% of U.S. now allows carrying a gun without a permit.

If the bed wetters are so concerned about "untrained" people carrying weapons, then make the training mandatory in order to acquire a Diploma or Driver's license.

A quick 1 hour course can cover the safe handling of a handgun by doing little more than discussing how they function and providing non-firing guns to teach people how to safely unload them.

People interested in carry should be encouraged to attend training.

I'm a certified trainer, and I have taught soldiers and civilians how to safely handle weapons as well as win gun fights.

How about we let people who drive cars not be licensed. Hell, let them just drive. Its easy, you push the gas pedal & you move, the brake you stop, turn the wheel changes direction. Its the same as letting any asshole buy a gun, tote it everywhere they go.
hardly

I'm not a gun person and don't follow the issue all that much. The one that came up lately in our state is whether people should or shouldn't be allowed to buy smart guns? I'd favor their sale, figuring it's up to the individual buyer whether to trust them. Mostly what gets me riled are these conservatives who argue against the nanny state on the national level but have a totally opposite picture of things when given control on a state level.

Some Arizona Lawmakers Concerned About Smart Gun Technology

no. I want my weapon to be reliable

So I asked a mid level commanding officer in the SLCPD what are the officers trained to do if they come on scene of a shooting and see a person with gun.

The answer was: shoot and ask questions later.

If you are CCW, you best bet is to hide and cover those with you and not be Red Ranger Riding To Danger.

Get your ass shot.

And yet...in the real world....in real world shootings..this doesn't happen....we saw this not happening in Dallas...where people with actual AR-15s and open carry pistols allowed the police to engage the black lives matter supporter and we saw it at the Gabby Giffords shooting where you had a concealed carry at the scene, gun drawn, as the attacker was subdued......so please.....don't talk out of your ass....then there is the video we show all the time of the black concealed carry gun owner, pointing his gun at the white car jacker, as the police roll up.....and what happens....the police shake the guys hand .....

If the bed wetters are so concerned about "untrained" people carrying weapons, then make the training mandatory in order to acquire a Diploma or Driver's license.

A quick 1 hour course can cover the safe handling of a handgun by doing little more than discussing how they function and providing non-firing guns to teach people how to safely unload them.

I'm a certified trainer, and I have taught soldiers and civilians how to safely handle weapons as well as win gun fights.

How about we let people who drive cars not be licensed. Hell, let them just drive. Its easy, you push the gas pedal & you move, the brake you stop, turn the wheel changes direction. Its the same as letting any asshole buy a gun, tote it everywhere they go.

Driving is not a Right. Democrats used Poll Taxes and Literacy tests to keep blacks from voting.......any attempt to license gun owners or require training, and the fees for that training are nothing more than modern Poll Taxes and Literacy Tests on a Right. The Europeans use training requirements to keep poor people in Europe from accessing guns....we won't have that here if we can stop it...

and except for the fact....4.7 million people carried guns for self defense in 1997......over 15 million people carry guns for self defense in 2016.....and what happened...the gun murder rate went down 49% and the violent crime rate went down 75%....so nothing you posted is based in truth, facts or reality.

Law abiding people, carrying guns for self defense...is not a problem....not locking up actual violent criminals, with repeat illegal gun offenses...that is the problem.

main-qimg-980737fed917f60371be16de87a3c5b7-c

How about today?

2 killed, several injured in shootings in Harbor Gateway, Huntington Park

And 1,500,000 Americans use guns to stop violent crime and to save lives each year according to bill clinton and barak obama........your point?

I'm not a gun person and don't follow the issue all that much. The one that came up lately in our state is whether people should or shouldn't be allowed to buy smart guns? I'd favor their sale, figuring it's up to the individual buyer whether to trust them. Mostly what gets me riled are these conservatives who argue against the nanny state on the national level but have a totally opposite picture of things when given control on a state level.

You are misinformed....the problem with smart guns is that at least one state has a law on the books...right now....as soon as the first smart gun comes to market.....then there after a short period...all guns sold in that state will have to be smart guns......not a choice...a mandate...that is why smart guns are opposed so strongly...and on top of that, smart guns are a dumb idea....

What is next, allowing murder.
The murder rate is going down. Don't be so frustrated with reality.
The murder rate is going down because they changed the definition of murder to Standing your ground, That tactic is especially effective when all
the witrnesses are White friends of yours. Frankly, though, I am all for universal concealed carry without a permit. That way corrupt racist cops don't get to know what an upstanding Black or Hispanic citizen is carrying to protect him/herself from THEM! Good cops have nothing to worry about!

Boy...the stupid is strong with you....

We are past that, "stand your ground" encourages deadly force.

No, some asshole attacking you is what encourages deadly force.

Spoken ^^^ with the authority of a gun freak. Having a gun in one's possession has an impact on their judgment, it gives some persons dutch courage, and thus some will go looking for trouble (Zimmerman style); go places they know may be dangerous; provoke violence when discretion is called for; or have Walter Mitty fantasies that they will be a hero for killing another person (judge or jury syndrome).

LE weeds out those who may manifest these and other red flags, during the hiring process and for a period of time under the tutelage of their FTO and superior officers. Civilians have no mentors, no use of force policy, are not trained in non lethal use of force methods, the use of a gun on a range; have not been evaluated by experience officers in the field; superior officers during hiring interviews or psychological evals - written and oral - before ever touching a service weapon.

The same elitist "guns for me and not for thee" bullshit that we have come to expect from you.

And with all the weeding out you supposedly go through, why do LEO's often have such high rates of alcoholism and domestic violence?

police officers have higher rates of alcoholism Archives - Law Enforcement Today

Police Have a Much Bigger Domestic-Abuse Problem Than the NFL Does

This is besides the point that the greatest power given to LEO's is not the use of weapons, but the ability to detain a suspect without the risk of being prosecuted for illegal detention as long as proper procedures are followed.

How much LEO training is actually devoted to firearm use vs. other training topics, such as procedures and laws?

You want to be the only armed person due to your background as an LEO, that makes you a fucking hypocrite, i.e. "I can defend myself, but fuck you all"

FOAD.

No, some asshole attacking you is what encourages deadly force.

Spoken ^^^ with the authority of a gun freak. Having a gun in one's possession has an impact on their judgment, it gives some persons dutch courage, and thus some will go looking for trouble (Zimmerman style); go places they know may be dangerous; provoke violence when discretion is called for; or have Walter Mitty fantasies that they will be a hero for killing another person (judge or jury syndrome).

LE weeds out those who may manifest these and other red flags, during the hiring process and for a period of time under the tutelage of their FTO and superior officers. Civilians have no mentors, no use of force policy, are not trained in non lethal use of force methods, the use of a gun on a range; have not been evaluated by experience officers in the field; superior officers during hiring interviews or psychological evals - written and oral - before ever touching a service weapon.

Do you have a single credible shred of evidence to back up this pile of ridiculous bullshit you call a post?

A 32 year career in LE, more than half of that time as a supervisor or manager: five years as supervisor of the domestic violence unit; three years as training manager; three years as manager of Juvenile, three years managing Internal Affairs and doing the recruitment, vetting (back ground investigations) and recommending to the hiring authority those in my judgement should be given a conditional offer of employment, at which time the more expensive items (medical, psychological and 832 PC training at the academy) would be provided.
You weren't a street cop. Being a desk jockey might make working in law enforcement but it isn't the same thing. You're full of shit. Most cops are pro 2nd and like I pointed out shall issue states aren't having the problem AND murder rates are going down while concealed carry laws are liberalized. You were a government drone that lived and still do in an altered state of reality.

Most "street cops" (and their family) would like a head's up, especially when called to a domestic dispute. I had a tape which I played when teaching at the Academy of the murder of two "street cops" responding to such a dispute.

Had they known that the home in which they were responding was occupied by a licensed gun owner, they might not have died on the spot. The tape was the radio broadcast between one of the officers and dispatch, it was a little less than two minutes long but chilled the students and hopefully made them aware that the proliferation of guns put them in harms way.

Food for thought of those who actually think.

Appeal to emotion, for your desire to be the new knightly class of the US, again. "guns for me and not for thee"

So I asked a mid level commanding officer in the SLCPD what are the officers trained to do if they come on scene of a shooting and see a person with gun.

If you are CCW, you best bet is to hide and cover those with you and not be Red Ranger Riding To Danger.

Get your ass shot.
duh

which is what CCW gun owners did in the TX sniper event and the anti gun people criticized them for it
^^^ Alt Fact

Get your ass shot.
duh

which is what CCW gun owners did in the TX sniper event and the anti gun people criticized them for it
^^^ Alt Fact
really?

prove it

Do you have a single credible shred of evidence to back up this pile of ridiculous bullshit you call a post?

A 32 year career in LE, more than half of that time as a supervisor or manager: five years as supervisor of the domestic violence unit; three years as training manager; three years as manager of Juvenile, three years managing Internal Affairs and doing the recruitment, vetting (back ground investigations) and recommending to the hiring authority those in my judgement should be given a conditional offer of employment, at which time the more expensive items (medical, psychological and 832 PC training at the academy) would be provided.
You weren't a street cop. Being a desk jockey might make working in law enforcement but it isn't the same thing. You're full of shit. Most cops are pro 2nd and like I pointed out shall issue states aren't having the problem AND murder rates are going down while concealed carry laws are liberalized. You were a government drone that lived and still do in an altered state of reality.

Most "street cops" (and their family) would like a head's up, especially when called to a domestic dispute. I had a tape which I played when teaching at the Academy of the murder of two "street cops" responding to such a dispute.

Had they known that the home in which they were responding was occupied by a licensed gun owner, they might not have died on the spot. The tape was the radio broadcast between one of the officers and dispatch, it was a little less than two minutes long but chilled the students and hopefully made them aware that the proliferation of guns put them in harms way.

Food for thought of those who actually think.

Appeal to emotion, for your desire to be the new knightly class of the US, again. "guns for me and not for thee"
Yes, a coherent appeal to emotion is allowed to get trainees to think.

The murder rate is going down because they changed the definition of murder to Standing your ground, That tactic is especially effective when all
the witrnesses are White friends of yours. Frankly, though, I am all for universal concealed carry without a permit. That way corrupt racist cops don't get to know what an upstanding Black or Hispanic citizen is carrying to protect him/herself from THEM! Good cops have nothing to worry about!
Murder means murder. Unjustified. Leftwing maggots don't get to redefine words for the rest of us.

Get your ass shot.
duh

^^^ Alt Fact
really?

prove it
I don't have to. (1) You posted your opinioon as if it were fact without evidence, thus it is an Alt Fact. (2) You need to prove your opinion with evidence that it is a fact.

Iceweasel is trying to making his opinion a fact. It is not.

Get your ass shot.

And yet...in the real world....in real world shootings..this doesn't happen....we saw this not happening in Dallas...where people with actual AR-15s and open carry pistols allowed the police to engage the black lives matter supporter and we saw it at the Gabby Giffords shooting where you had a concealed carry at the scene, gun drawn, as the attacker was subdued......so please.....don't talk out of your ass....then there is the video we show all the time of the black concealed carry gun owner, pointing his gun at the white car jacker, as the police roll up.....and what happens....the police shake the guys hand .....
Your opinion is not a fact. You have to give solid, convincing evidence (not your silly appeal to emotion) of your point. You have not.

You are calling your orange buddy a liar?
Your black Jesus told you to make an idiot of yourself?
Racist fuck. You can tell true Trumper because they can't respond without throwing out a racial slur.
Your black Jesus isn't making you a better person. You aren't smart enough to realize the recognition of a race isn't the definition of racism. You're just stupid, intolerant and hateful. That's why you're a liberal. Nor do I care about your opinion of me, as I have pointed out numerous times. You're an Obama turd, nothing more.
Yoiur orange buddy ios making you more stupid every time he operns his mouth.

Where is Mr "OMG OMG OMG Obama's golfing" today?

You're a doper that's projecting.

Get your ass shot.
duh

^^^ Alt Fact
really?

prove it
I don't have to. (1) You posted your opinioon as if it were fact without evidence, thus it is an Alt Fact. (2) You need to prove your opinion with evidence that it is a fact.
so you missed the posts here with you anti gun types doing exactly what i said after the Texas sniper incident?

Get your ass shot.

Your opinion is not a fact. You have to give solid, convincing evidence (not your silly appeal to emotion) of your point. You have not.
appeal to emotion that's what you anti gun people do

The constitution applies to all 50 states. If a state interferes with a right then it's not hypocrisy to criticize it. A "smart" gun has many ways it could fail and is nothing but a feel good measure. If available, sure let the person decide but mandating it is unconstitutional.

What? No come back? Heh heh heh...reality checks gets
em every time.
Your colon may be a reality but perspective is difficult from there. You have the patience of a gnat, the analysis of a brick and the hatred and intolerance of a liberal.

Forum List

Back