Malala, Pakistan, and Israel

What is there to debate? If an article is posted that is complimentary to the Israelis, right away you and your sidekick are there to put the author down. Let's see your credentials for being such big scholars. I would love to see you or your sidekick in the public arena debating this man. It really is like Laurel and Hardy or Abbott and Costello time reading the posts of both of you making out that one or the other of you is better than the invention of sliced bread because you know it all and are better than the author of an article who is no doubt an expert in his field. Carry on with your skit. I am sure you will have many more opportunities as various articles are posted. Who can debate with such "geniuses" as these two?? It is quite impossible!!! I wonder in what field of study they received their PhDs.

Try to pay attention to what I am saying...

Tnere are many people with equal or better credentials whose opinions difer from MacEoin.

His editorial article has the extraordinary flaw of ignoring the past history of both peoples. Like it or not, Israel is a young European/Western country in a Mideastern Muslim world that was exploited by that same European/Western world and I could go on...and on and on. His attitude towards these people is not unlike the European/Western attitude towards the African people during the age of colinization and the time of the slave trade, tweaaked for the 20th century.

As for Patrick's or my "genius". You don't know anything about us first of all but at least we can think for ourselves and argue the points of the article rather than just taking the expertise, or lack thereof, of the author at ace value.

So, how in the world does one such as you who seems to value above anything else the credentials and resume of an author deal with those with equal or better credentials with the opposite opinion.

Of course, as soon as this article was posted Alfalfa attacked the source, in what was a lame attempt to "kill the messenger."
Sherri jumped in talking mysticism in a lame attempt to deflect from the author's POV which, while unflattering, used hard, well-established FACTS to support his position.
You may reject his conclusion that Islamic culture hamstrings human development or that someone should actually say it but you simply make yourself look silly.
BTW, years of UN sponsored but Arab authored UN Arab Development Reports back MacEoin 's POV.

I am quite sure I could use "hard, well established FACTS" to arrive at the conclusion that African-American culture "hamstrings human developement". Of course, if I neglected to mention over two hundred years of slavery and almost four hundred years of overt racism and institutional racism, the effects of which are felt to this very day, their prison population is high, their high school graduation rate is low, their lower than average per capita income, I wouldn't be telling the WHOLE TRUTH. I could even compare them to Jewish culture in America to demonstrate how inferior African Americans are and neglect the notorious depictions and studies that depict Jewish business owners and landlords of exploiting the black community.

We can cherry pick all kinds of facts and statistics and then leap to false conclusions.

MacEoin does exactly that.

He compares a region made third world by European imperialism, exploitation, and colonization and compares it to the accomplishments of a country made up of first world people, immigrants to the region, who receive generous donations from first world countries and people of Jewish faith worldwide.

You are disengenuous to suggest in any way, shape or form that those UN reports support MacEoins point of view. Those UN reports are twisted by some (that shoe fits you) to support the erroneous and dishonest conclusions proferred by bigots to fools.

Shall we next compare the superiority of American jews to the native peoples of the Western hemisphere next, how much better you are than the indigenous peoples of America?

Ya know, you might hear more people tooting your horn if the sound from Jewish people tooting it wasn't so off key and deafening.

Tnere are many people with equal or better credentials whose opinions difer from MacEoin.

His editorial article has the extraordinary flaw of ignoring the past history of both peoples. Like it or not, Israel is a young European/Western country in a Mideastern Muslim world that was exploited by that same European/Western world and I could go on...and on and on. His attitude towards these people is not unlike the European/Western attitude towards the African people during the age of colinization and the time of the slave trade, tweaaked for the 20th century.

As for Patrick's or my "genius". You don't know anything about us first of all but at least we can think for ourselves and argue the points of the article rather than just taking the expertise, or lack thereof, of the author at ace value.

So, how in the world does one such as you who seems to value above anything else the credentials and resume of an author deal with those with equal or better credentials with the opposite opinion.

Of course, as soon as this article was posted Alfalfa attacked the source, in what was a lame attempt to "kill the messenger."
Sherri jumped in talking mysticism in a lame attempt to deflect from the author's POV which, while unflattering, used hard, well-established FACTS to support his position.
You may reject his conclusion that Islamic culture hamstrings human development or that someone should actually say it but you simply make yourself look silly.
BTW, years of UN sponsored but Arab authored UN Arab Development Reports back MacEoin 's POV.

I am quite sure I could use "hard, well established FACTS" to arrive at the conclusion that African-American culture "hamstrings human developement". Of course, if I neglected to mention over two hundred years of slavery and almost four hundred years of overt racism and institutional racism, the effects of which are felt to this very day, their prison population is high, their high school graduation rate is low, their lower than average per capita income, I wouldn't be telling the WHOLE TRUTH. I could even compare them to Jewish culture in America to demonstrate how inferior African Americans are and neglect the notorious depictions and studies that depict Jewish business owners and landlords of exploiting the black community.

We can cherry pick all kinds of facts and statistics and then leap to false conclusions.

He compares a region made third world by European imperialism, exploitation, and colonization and compares it to the accomplishments of a country made up of first world people, immigrants to the region, who receive generous donations from first world countries and people of Jewish faith worldwide.

You are disengenuous to suggest in any way, shape or form that those UN reports support MacEoins point of view. Those UN reports are twisted by some (that shoe fits you) to support the erroneous and dishonest conclusions proferred by bigots to fools.

Shall we next compare the superiority of American jews to the native peoples of the Western hemisphere next, how much better you are than the indigenous peoples of America?

Ya know, you might hear more people tooting your horn if the sound from Jewish people tooting it wasn't so off key and deafening.

Mr. Seattle, you can keep babbling on and on if it makes you feel good about yourself, but I have come across many, many people from all walks of life throughout my life, and I have never met people who feel that they are superior to any others here in the U.S. Perhaps you are the one who thinks you are superior to others, and so you project it onto a group which it appears you can't stand for some reason. Have the Jews in Seattle really bothered you that much and stuck their noses in the air when you passed? I will reiterate. Every time some poster puts up anything that is complimentary to Israel or the Jews, there are posters who seem to have a big, big problem with this. No one is preventing them from posting whatever articles they wish to.

Your screed is far off topic and an obvious attempt to derail this thread. The OP was not about Jews, or African Americans or even about the author.
And if MacEoin was the only highly qualified scholar in that field coming to such conclusions I would agree that your specious argument might have some merit, but sadly there are many voices making the same case.
Mark Lilla is one:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/19/magazine/19Religion-t.html?pagewanted=all
And years of UN sponsored Arab Human Development Reports - despite your denial - come to the same conclusions as MacEoin:
Reports (1990-2013) | Regional Reports | Arab States | Human Development Reports (HDR) | United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)

Forum List

Back