Man arrested in Fayetteville, North Carolina, mall with assault rifle, ammo

He might be facing charges under the UMCJ if he didn't have permission to be carrying that gun off base.
Didn't bother to read the article did you? It was an AR-15 as in CIVILIAN weapon.

Prove it!

:link:
RETARD, the link is in the first post. The weapon was an AR-15. The US Government does NOT use them, the US Army uses the M-16a2 or M-4.

AR-15 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The AR-15 was first built in 1959 by ArmaLite as a small arms rifle for the United States armed forces. Because of financial problems, ArmaLite sold the design to Colt. After modifications, the redesigned rifle was adopted as the M16 rifle. In 1963, Colt started selling the semi-automatic version of the rifle for civilians as the Colt AR-15. Although the name "AR-15" remains a Colt registered trademark, variants of the firearm are made, modified, and sold under various names by multiple manufacturers.

The military calls it the M16 but the cops would have called it an AR-15 but it is the same weapon.

Odds are the cops misidentified it.

Gawd, you're a clueless bastid....and your spin is old

Don't fret him too much....he doesn't think a black man should be on the Supreme Court....he so how good can his judgement be in other things...?

Stupidist PC thread of the year. This is a laughing matter that has all the libtards having brain miscarriages. The guy had a personal weapon, no ammo, no threats. God have pity on the braindead libtards.The guy had a reservation to take pictures.
Now - when a terrorist attack does take place the libshits here will be defending it.

Didn't bother to read the article did you? It was an AR-15 as in CIVILIAN weapon.

Prove it!

:link:
RETARD, the link is in the first post. The weapon was an AR-15. The US Government does NOT use them, the US Army uses the M-16a2 or M-4.

The AR-15 was first built in 1959 by ArmaLite as a small arms rifle for the United States armed forces. Because of financial problems, ArmaLite sold the design to Colt. After modifications, the redesigned rifle was adopted as the M16 rifle. In 1963, Colt started selling the semi-automatic version of the rifle for civilians as the Colt AR-15. Although the name "AR-15" remains a Colt registered trademark, variants of the firearm are made, modified, and sold under various names by multiple manufacturers.

The military calls it the M16 but the cops would have called it an AR-15 but it is the same weapon.

Gawd, you're a clueless bastid....and your spin is old

Don't fret him too much....he doesn't think a black man should be on the Supreme Court....he so how good can his judgement be in other things...?

I've read his stuff, a little comedy value and that's about it.

Fortunately, CCW holders are trained to only act under IMMINENT threat.

Which states require this training before issuing a CCW permit?

Research shows that CCW are more law abiding than the average citizen...also lefties have less self control than conservatives and conservatives are more likely to own guns...so therefore they are less likely to over react to a situation.....

Do you even bother to read your links?

"The arrested man was a U.S. soldier who'd intended to have photographs taken with the gun and the other equipment, CNN affiliate WNCN reported, citing Fayetteville police."
Another Guno thread fail.

He might be facing charges under the UMCJ if he didn't have permission to be carrying that gun off base.

"The arrested man was a U.S. soldier who'd intended to have photographs taken with the gun and the other equipment, CNN affiliate WNCN reported, citing Fayetteville police."

If it was his assigned weapon, maybe. If it was his personal weapon what charges could he face? North Carolina permits open carry.

The cops found something to charge him with anyway. ;)

I guess it was because he caused a panic by walking through a shopping mall appearing to be fully armed and dangerous.

The average shopper wasn't hanging around to find out.
So what? I open carry all the time and I don't do it to antagonize anyone. I do it because it's my right and because I want to. Nobody's business but mine. Sorry 'bout that.

If it was his assigned weapon, maybe. If it was his personal weapon what charges could he face? North Carolina permits open carry.

I guess it was because he caused a panic by walking through a shopping mall appearing to be fully armed and dangerous.

So what? I open carry all the time and I don't do it to antagonize anyone. I do it because it's my right and because I want to. Nobody's business but mine. Sorry 'bout that.

Do you walk into shopping malls with a rifle, kevlar vest and a backpack full of magazines right after the news has been full of potential terror alerts?

Granted that due to the increased security concerns, this guy pulled a dumbass stunt even if he didn't break any laws other than not using common sense.

Do you walk into shopping malls with a rifle, kevlar vest and a backpack full of magazines right after the news has been full of potential terror alerts?
I addressed that in the post after yours.

Uh...anyone with half a brain can identify the difference with just a glance.

Last time I carried a rifle in the military was 1970. Haven't needed one since then but I did get my marksmanship badge while I was there. I prefer handguns but I only need one of those. So no, I don't waste my time on guns. I have better things to do.

Hmmmm...yet you cant tell the difference between a fully automatic rifle and a semi auto?

Not from the image that was shown in the article. Could you?

You said the cops could have misidentified it.

Uh...anyone with half a brain can identify the difference with just a glance.

Last time I carried a rifle in the military was 1970. Haven't needed one since then but I did get my marksmanship badge while I was there. I prefer handguns but I only need one of those. So no, I don't waste my time on guns. I have better things to do.

Hmmmm...yet you cant tell the difference between a fully automatic rifle and a semi auto?

Not from the image that was shown in the article. Could you?

You said the cops could have misidentified it.

That was BEFORE they released the pertinent information as to exactly what occurred in the mall that I subsequently posted.

Why do timelines confuse you?

Has no one ever explained the concept of events unfolding?

Does everything have to be fixed in the past in order for your one dimensional synapse to grasp it?

Fortunately, CCW holders are trained to only act under IMMINENT threat.

Which states require this training before issuing a CCW permit?

My understanding is all of them. I was required to take instruction and testing and a shooting proficiency examination, plus an interview with the county sheriff, fingerprinting and a background investigation before being issued my CCW.

Apparently not all states have those requirements.

Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence Gun Law Information Experts

Only about 30 of them specify that "CCW Applicants to Demonstrate Knowledge of Firearm Use and/or Safety"

States Requiring Applicants to Demonstrate Knowledge of Firearm Use and/or Safety

More than half of the states require a CCW permit applicant to demonstrate that they have received training in firearm use and/or safety. The state of Kansas, for example, requires CCW applicants to complete an eight-hour firearms use/safety course approved by the state attorney general. Among “may issue” states, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Massachusetts, New Jersey and Rhode Island require applicants to complete a firearm safety course, or otherwise demonstrate their qualification to use a firearm safely. Delaware’s firearm safety training requirement, which applies to the applicant’s initial CCW license only, is particularly strong, and specifies that the training course must include instruction regarding:

• Knowledge and safe handling of firearms and ammunition;
• Safe storage of firearms and ammunition and child safety;
• Safe firearms shooting fundamentals;
• Federal and state laws pertaining to the lawful purchase, ownership, transportation, use and possession of firearms;
• State laws pertaining to the use of deadly force for self-defense; and
• Techniques for avoiding a criminal attack and how to manage a violent confrontation, including conflict resolution.

Delaware also requires that the training include live fire shooting exercises on a range, including the expenditure of a minimum of 100 rounds of ammunition, and identification of ways to develop and maintain firearm shooting skills. Finally, Rhode Island requires applicants to obtain a certification that they are qualified to use a handgun of a caliber equal to or larger than the one they seek to carry. The certification can be obtained by passing a firing test conducted by a range officer or pistol instructor. Such thorough training requirements help ensure that only highly trained individuals are allowed to carry concealed firearms in public areas.

Among “shall issue” states, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina and Texas require live firing as part of the firearm training component of the law.​

I'd say that information is out of date, as Kansas is now a constitutional carry state.

You see, that is another claim I find quite unusual, De. Were I to see a fully armed American soldier dressed in his military uniform walking through a mall where I live? I'd feel safer - not threatened! To hear someone say that the sight of a fully armed soldier in uniform walking inside a mall is a dangerous sight doesn't make any sense to me.

Especially coming from the same people who have no problem with a fully armed military doing drills on our streets in the middle of the night with foreign soldiers assisting them practicing the arrest of dissidents. Can anyone say JADE HELM 15?

Thank you for reading.

You see, that is another claim I find quite unusual, De. Were I to see a fully armed American soldier dressed in his military uniform walking through a mall where I live? I'd feel safer - not threatened! To hear someone say that the sight of a fully armed soldier in uniform walking inside a mall is a dangerous sight doesn't make any sense to me.

Especially coming from the same people who have no problem with a fully armed military doing drills on our streets in the middle of the night with foreign soldiers assisting them practicing the arrest of dissidents. Can anyone say JADE HELM 15?

Thank you for reading.

According to the pictures I saw he wasn't in uniform. Had he been in uniform the reaction would probably have been as you described.

So the image he presented was not one of our finest at all.

Thank you for reading.

According to the pictures I saw he wasn't in uniform. Had he been in uniform the reaction would probably have been as you described.

So the image he presented was not one of our finest at all.

Can you post the picture you saw of him in the mall (with the weapon he was carrying) so we can see it? Thank you in advance.

NOTE * I find no photographs of the man but am wondering how he was identified as a soldier - referred to as a soldier in the news story if he didn't have a soldiers uniform on! How would they know? I look forward to seeing the photograph you say you saw, De. Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm still looking for a news story with the photograph of him in the mall. I find it very hard to believe that he would have taken the trouble to carry his military gear and be photographed in it and not have dressed in uniform? After all, he was a soldier at Fort Bragg. How would he be wearing civilian clothing, De?

I found this:

Armed Bragg soldier headed to photo shoot arrested at Fayetteville mall WRAL.com
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — A 25-year-old Army sergeant who was planning to take photos in military gear was arrested at Fayetteville's Cross Creek Mall Thursday evening after dozens of panicked 911 calls from shoppers.

Bryan Scott Wolfinger is charged with going armed to the terror of the public. Police said Wolfinger was carrying an AR-15 assault rifle, military ballistic panel carrier and multiple high-capacity rifle magazine when he was taken into custody.

As I said earlier, if he is going to a photo shoot to have his photo taken in military gear? He would have his uniform on. He was reported to be a soldier. How would they know this and why is the liberal media misleading the readers in calling him a "gunman" rather than a soldier when it was reported he was a soldier?

Did you ever find the photograph of him in the mall with his weapon? I'd like to see it because I have some serious doubts about the claim that he wasn't dressed in uniform. Especially when this article states otherwise.

I'm still looking for a news story with the photograph of him in the mall. I find it very hard to believe that he would have taken the trouble to carry his military gear and be photographed in it and not have dressed in uniform? After all, he was a soldier at Fort Bragg. How would he be wearing civilian clothing, De?

I found this:

Armed Bragg soldier headed to photo shoot arrested at Fayetteville mall WRAL.com
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — A 25-year-old Army sergeant who was planning to take photos in military gear was arrested at Fayetteville's Cross Creek Mall Thursday evening after dozens of panicked 911 calls from shoppers.

Bryan Scott Wolfinger is charged with going armed to the terror of the public. Police said Wolfinger was carrying an AR-15 assault rifle, military ballistic panel carrier and multiple high-capacity rifle magazine when he was taken into custody.

As I said earlier, if he is going to a photo shoot to have his photo taken in military gear? He would have his uniform on. He was reported to be a soldier. How would they know this and why is the liberal media misleading the readers in calling him a "gunman" rather than a soldier when it was reported he was a soldier?

Did you ever find the photograph of him in the mall with his weapon? I'd like to see it because I have some serious doubts about the claim that he wasn't dressed in uniform. Especially when this article states otherwise.

The image I saw was of him sitting cuffed on the ground wearing a t shirt and jeans.

Found it!

Bearing ArmsFort Bragg Soldier Arrested After Carrying AR-15 Into Mall For Photo Shoot - Bearing Arms

Update: Wolfinger wasn’t even in uniform, but was wearing a black tee shirt and jeans with a plate carrier over the top of it as he strode through the mall.

2.JPG

I have it, De. Same story I believe. He was carrying his military uniform, gear, weapons to a photography studio in the mall to be photographed in it. Here it is:

Bearing ArmsFort Bragg Soldier Arrested After Carrying AR-15 Into Mall For Photo Shoot - Bearing Arms

Wolfinger is proud of the work he does serving this nation, and wanted to go to Flash Digital—a photography studio in the mall—to get a picture taken in something approximating his “battle rattle” so that he’d have something to look back on when he’s older.

Unfortunately, the young sergeant didn’t seem to recall that Fayette-Nam was specifically called out as a target by ISIS, that there is presently a heightened state of alert due to terrorist threats leading up to the July 4 weekend, and that Cross Creek Mall is a “gun free zone.”

So he was wearing jeans and a tee shirt carrying his military uniform, gear, weapon to Flash Digital - a photography studio in the mall and was going to have his photograph taken. Unfortunately others didn't realize he was a soldier from Ft. Bragg! Too bad the media did such a poor job of reporting this story. It took me a lot of time to find this article and I'm sure it took you some time to find it too, De. Thanks for the photograph!

NOTE - If the Mall was declared a gun free zone due to a raise in alert status for 4th of July- it should have been announced to the public. Again this was done very poorly. Our soldiers deserve better than this.

Last edited:

I found this:

The image I saw was of him sitting cuffed on the ground wearing a t shirt and jeans.

Found it!

Update: Wolfinger wasn’t even in uniform, but was wearing a black tee shirt and jeans with a plate carrier over the top of it as he strode through the mall.

2.JPG

Thanks, De. Yes, he was carrying his uniform with him along with the weapon, etc for a professional photograph at a store inside the mall called Flash Digital. Too bad the liberal media did such a poor job of reporting this story. Our soldiers certainly deserve better. They should issue an apology to him. A big one. NC law permits people to carry weapons - there was no law broken.

In all fairness, he was probably in fear for his life, because shoppers can get very aggressive at July 4th Sales Events.

Forum List

Back