Man arrested in Fayetteville, North Carolina, mall with assault rifle, ammo

Not from the image that was shown in the article. Could you?

You said the cops could have misidentified it.

That was BEFORE they released the pertinent information as to exactly what occurred in the mall that I subsequently posted.

Why do timelines confuse you?

Has no one ever explained the concept of events unfolding?

Does everything have to be fixed in the past in order for your one dimensional synapse to grasp it?

It's been an AR-15 from the beginning.
So whats your excuse for your ignorance now?

Only person who needs an excuse for his ignorance is you.

I provided all of the latest information as I came across it. It is imbeciles like yourself who are sadly mistaken about the timeline.

Try rereading the thread again.
You claimed that an AR-15 was a military weapon Used by the military. In fact you demanded I provide a link proving that an AR-15 was not a weapon used by the US military.

If you go to the Wiki link you will discover that the AR-15 was originally designed for the US military and was then redesigned and renamed the M16.

AR-15 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The AR-15 was first built in 1959 by ArmaLite as a small arms rifle for the United States armed forces.

After modifications, the redesigned rifle was adopted as the M16 rifle.

Colt marketed the AR-15 rifle to various military services around the world. After modifications (most notably the relocation of the charging handle from under the carrying handle to the rear of the receiver), the redesigned rifle was adopted by the United States military as the M16 rifle.[15]

In 1963, Colt started selling the semi-automatic version of the M16 rifle as the Colt AR-15 for civilian use and the term has been used to refer to semiautomatic-only versions of the rifle since then.

Furthermore if you read post #93 above you will see that one of your fellow room temp IQ Gun Fetishists described the M16 as identical to the military spec AR-15.

Man arrested in Fayetteville North Carolina mall with assault rifle ammo Page 4 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

So yes, the AR-15 and the M16 are the same weapon with different designations for civilian and military use. The civilian gun obviously doesn't have the full automatic option either but that is irrelevant to the OP topic.

Last edited:
Do you even bother to read your links?

"The arrested man was a U.S. soldier who'd intended to have photographs taken with the gun and the other equipment, CNN affiliate WNCN reported, citing Fayetteville police."
Another Guno thread fail.

He might be facing charges under the UMCJ if he didn't have permission to be carrying that gun off base.
Didn't bother to read the article did you? It was an AR-15 as in CIVILIAN weapon.
He doesn't care. He wants all guns banned.

That was BEFORE they released the pertinent information as to exactly what occurred in the mall that I subsequently posted.

Does everything have to be fixed in the past in order for your one dimensional synapse to grasp it?

I provided all of the latest information as I came across it. It is imbeciles like yourself who are sadly mistaken about the timeline.

You claimed that an AR-15 was a military weapon Used by the military. In fact you demanded I provide a link proving that an AR-15 was not a weapon used by the US military.

If you go to the Wiki link you will discover that the AR-15 was originally designed for the US military and was then redesigned and renamed the M16.

Man arrested in Fayetteville North Carolina mall with assault rifle ammo Page 4 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The AR-15 was first built in 1959 by ArmaLite as a small arms rifle for the United States armed forces.

Colt marketed the AR-15 rifle to various military services around the world. After modifications (most notably the relocation of the charging handle from under the carrying handle to the rear of the receiver), the redesigned rifle was adopted by the United States military as the M16 rifle.[15]

In 1963, Colt started selling the semi-automatic version of the M16 rifle as the Colt AR-15 for civilian use and the term has been used to refer to semiautomatic-only versions of the rifle since then.

Furthermore if you read post #93 above you will see that one of your fellow room temp IQ Gun Fetishists described the M16 as identical to the military spec AR-15.

So yes, the AR-15 and the M16 are the same weapon with different designations for civilian and military use. The civilian gun obviously doesn't have the full automatic option either but that is irrelevant to the OP topic.

Still failing miserably and never answered the question.
You should just shut your pie hole an admit you dont know jackshit about firearms.

You should just shut your pie hole an admit you dont know jackshit about firearms.

Gee, who is more credible?

Peer reviewed sources citing Colt and Armalite or some Gun Fetishist on a message board?

:rofl:

Gee, who is more credible?

Peer reviewed sources citing Colt and Armalite or some Gun Fetishist on a message board?

:rofl:

I like how you moved the bar in order to sound relevant.
The rifle in question was identified as an AR-15 from the beginning.
The military does not use the AR-15 and never has.
You also claimed the police misidentified the rifle which I told you is highly unlikely.
You also claimed victory when I said the AR is essentially the exact same rifle as the M-16,which it is.
But to anyone with any knowledge of firearms the difference is easily identified.
Nice try but you still lose.

The AR-15 was NEVER in US Government service, EVER. It was clearly identified as an AR-15 in all the articles. You fucked up just admit it and move on.

The AR-15 was NEVER in US Government service, EVER. It was clearly identified as an AR-15 in all the articles. You fucked up just admit it and move on.

Your quibble is with Colt and Wikipedia. Take it up with them.

Your quibble is with Colt and Wikipedia. Take it up with them.

You really cant stand to be wrong can you?
You shouldnt be surprised though,we really dont expect you to know shit about firearms.

i've spoken with Colt 'service' people who didn't know that a Colt .22 conversion unit would work on a Gold Cup, and another who didn't know that it would work on a Commander frame. :) Colt aint much of a source.

Forum List

Back