Man Cannot Be Suitably Moral or Good without God. Here's why:

God is a BELIEF, not a fact.

God is a Belief, NOT a FACT. You believe, Now live your Gods morality.

Good for you, now live like the God you believe in and quit calling people you disagree with names. You do this skye , you really do. Your God is SAD about your behavior.

You represent a SAD example of what your God wants you to be.
Be Better. Be Best.
You write: "God is a BELIEF, not a fact."

By definition, God is not a belief but a being, and, presumably, claiming His existence is not a fact is an indemonstrable opinion.

Your statement is nonsensical. Just saying. ;)

Last edited:
Nah, I'm good. Not rich, and definitely wouldn't tell anybody to do anything. I'm just worried that you folks will kill us all.

Well, I can't blame you for being afraid to die. Neither does Pascal.

1654465254913.png

Know Jesus, Know Peace. No Jesus, No peace.

Humans are neither all good nor all bad. Humans are capable of great good or great evil as defined by their social ethos. IOW actions that are acceptable for one society (or tribe) may not be acceptable to another society. Belief in one God can bring different societies together because God's moral objectives are understood. Objective morality does not need laws to guide folks as to how to treat others. Laws are for punishing those who transgress a society's basic moral structure. Removing God and objective morality undermines a society by breaking down the common elements of morality that everyone understands.

Atheists are concrete in their belief that there is no God but, they miss the point. Belief in a higher power brings people ethically and morally together so that their evil thoughts do not turn into action. IOW it is not necessary to prove a physical 'higher power' or 'creator' belief is all that is needed.
The only morally just sociopolitical foundation for unity:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. —Declaration of Independence​

Seriously.
To become a Christian just must submit to .....oh never mind, it is sooooo vague.

One Woman's opinion. Or was it a Man?
It's against the rules to alter another's post, especially when it alters the meaning as in the case of your mischief which dishonestly evades the fact that God is not by definition a belief but a person. Whether one believes God exists or not is an entirely different issue. My falsification of your careless reasoning stands and stays despite your rule-breaking, slight-of-hands dissembling. :cool:

As for your vague criticism of Christianity . . . it is sooooo predicably oafish and boring.

Last edited:
He's making a theological distinction between the operationally apparent goodness of actions and the ontologically actual goodness of nature that would have readily been understood by most Americans a hundred years ago vis-a-vis biblically informed divine and natural law. That so many Americans today, including conservatives, fail to grasp this Judeo-Christian insight about human nature and, thus, humanity's utter dependence on God to overcome evil is tragic.

Objectivism, for example, correctly holds that the incontrovertible axioms of human consciousness do not prove that the axioms are ultimately true beyond human consciousness but that they are the inescapable basis of all human knowledge, albeit, sans identifying the ontological basis of the axioms themselves beyond human apprehension. Why that's problematical should be self-evident.

To understand what I'm getting at requires further discussion and thought.
This begs the question: How does one define "evil"? Can someone be evil in thought but not in action and still be considered "evil" in the Christian sense?

You write: "God is a BELIEF, not a fact."

By definition, God is not a belief but a being, and, presumably, claiming His existence is not a fact is an indemonstrable opinion.

Your statement is nonsensical. Just saying. ;)
By definition, gods are a human construct. Gods have come and gone as the cultures and societies which invented those gods have come and gone.

By definition, gods are a human construct. Gods have come and gone as the cultures and societies which invented those gods have come and gone.
The various notions of created gods are human constructs. The divinity of classical theism ontologically precedes and has primacy over the follies of human consciousness.

This begs the question: How does one define "evil"? Can someone be evil in thought but not in action and still be considered "evil" in the Christian sense?
My observation doesn't beg the question, it points to the answer.

As for your second question: the answer is yes.

Given that thinking about committing adultery is as much a sin as committing adultery, I think the rule is that they can be evil even if only in thought.

it's like saying gravity is a human construct or any other immutable laws given to us. But your way of thinking is prevalent. Some here even say there are different laws and morals for each of us. This is It's beyond absurd, but it's done by atheists to justify their immoral behavior.

"If there was a God, the world seemed exactly the way it would be if there wasn’t one".- Nicomo Coska
A pretty ridiculous quote. We've seen what atheist regimes have looked like. The worst imaginable. An earthly preview of Hell.

We are all made in the image of God, absolutely. God does not "live" in all of us--only those who are indwelt with the Holy Spirit.

For proof, see the Uvalde shooter. Did God "live" in him? I say no.

For me .... GOD lives in all of us.

Some choose to aknowledge HIS Presence, some don't and some go against Him.

That's why there is good and evil here on earth.

Otherwise we would all be Angels.

But again this is just what I believe. :)

The various notions of created gods are human constructs. The divinity of classical theism ontologically precedes and has primacy over the follies of human consciousness.
The various notions of gods created by humans is entirely consistent with unique cultures inventing unique gods. There are any number of studies on why people believe what they do; it's an extensive branch of cognitive psychology, especially social cognition. The basic model of gods is to assuage human fears and frailties. Human inventions of gods is not for the purpose of trying to reconcile their beliefs to any kind of objective reality, but rather to a construct that while not fitting or belonging to the corporeal world accommodates their fears and superstitions.

A pretty ridiculous quote. We've seen what atheist regimes have looked like. The worst imaginable. An earthly preview of Hell.
Pales in comparison to the horrors and cruelties inflicted on humanity by religions.

it's like saying gravity is a human construct or any other immutable laws given to us. But your way of thinking is prevalent. Some here even say there are different laws and morals for each of us. This is It's beyond absurd, but it's done by atheists to justify their immoral behavior.
There's nothing to suggest that gravity, or any other natural force, is given to us by any gods.

Morality derived from classical liberalism and informed by science is far superior than anything found in the iron age mythologies. Obviously. As one would expect.

Go outside and look around. See any Crusades? See any witches burning? See any slavery? See any exorcisms?

The morality of Christians today is, on the whole, derived from their experiences. The time and place of their birth. Their morality is much more influenced by their experiences than by the Bible. Again, as one would expect.

Of course it is. Remember what Jesus said about being a good shepherd and about leaving the 99 to seek out the one that was lost. Jesus will bring the lost back to the way of Eternal Life, even if it means leaving me to do so. (I have confidence he can do both, but I would want him to leave me to find the loss when that is necessary.)

Who was the lost sheep? Was the sheep in the sheep pen to begin with, or was he just a wandering critter?

This is not personal. You seem like a lovely person. But you are preaching the sort of milquetoast non-Christianity that keeps people from being part of the flock in the first place. I wonder if you realize it.

Forum List

Back