Man Cannot Be Suitably Moral or Good without God. Here's why:

Because the One in the Bible came back 3 days after He died, to prove it.
Most faiths do reject it, which is why the road to Heaven is a narrow one. It is reserved for those who look like the righteousness of His Son, Jesus, to Him.
He gave everyone the opportunity, which most will reject. The rest are co-heirs with Christ.
Understand that I am not saying He takes the ones whom have lived a righteous life here. I am saying we look righteous to God. Here is why we look that way:

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

We look like His Beloved Son to Him. And that gift is available to every human on earth.

Why should I buy into any of this horseshit? My morality is far superior to the Yahweh character's primitive, stunted morality. Hell, a 7 year Old's morality is superior to that of the gross God character in the Bible.

lol, that's what this guy thought:

The Rich Man and Lazarus​

There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores. The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side.
The rich man also died and was buried. In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

'But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

“He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

“Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’
“‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’
“He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.

Have you ever met anyone whose morality even equals yours, let alone surpasses it? ;)
Yes,most people, probably including you. But that's because you get your morality from your experiences in a modern world. If you got your morality only from the Bible, your morality would be quite inferior to mine.

And your post was very whiny.

Yes,most people, probably including you. But that's because you get your morality from your experiences in a modern world. If you got your morality only from the Bible, your morality would be quite inferior to mine.
Actually, I did build up my morality from the Bible as modern world experiences had failed me.

Again, that is what your mind seems to tell you--and it seems to create its own reality.

Perhaps listen to others, as well. Creation is greater than our own individual minds.
No, it's what all the evidence tells me. You may have picked up the Bible and started there but no, clearly, you don't just get your morality from the Bible. Your morality is much better than anything found in the Iron Age collection of myths. Your morality is chiefly created by your experiences and the modern world. That's just a simple fact

That's why you aren't running around selling slaves or stoning women, like your ancient ancestors, despite carrying around the exact same instruction book

You aren't going to talk your way around these facts, no matter how hard you try.

Then you are interacting with someone your own mind created. I was/am in a great mood, and was chuckling. Perhaps one day you will allow yourself to meet me, instead of your own creation of me.
i wouldn't associate w/ people like that

as the Word says "Be not unequally yoked w/ unbelievers"

and "What fellowship hath light with darkness?"

and etc...

i wouldn't associate w/ people like that

as the Word says "Be not unequally yoked w/ unbelievers"

and "What fellowship hath light with darkness?"

and etc...
If not for the advent of superior,secular morality, you would chanting about killing rhe infidels.

No, it's what all the evidence tells me. You may have picked up the Bible and started there but no, clearly, you don't just get your morality from the Bible. Your morality is much better than anything found in the Iron Age collection of myths. Your morality is chiefly created by your experiences and the modern world. That's just a simple fact
Again, that creation of me is only in your mind.

That's why you aren't running around selling slaves or stoning women, like your ancient ancestors, despite carrying around the exact same instruction book
You appear to know very little of the Book, of the people, culture, and language of Biblical times.

Could it be, you search the Book for reasons not to bother with it? Not everything in the Bible is about you. Or me. Or anyone. It does contain age-old wisdom, and I enjoy learning about our ancestors. They are at least as interesting as modern man. I wouldn't be surprised if they think we are the barbarians--perhaps ten times over.

Forum List

Back