Man Cannot Be Suitably Moral or Good without God. Here's why:

So what? He was a primitive, terrified, ignorant, superstitious person whose morality was also far inferior to mine.

He also probably didn't even exist.
You and your morality will find out for sure in the near future. He died covered in his sins too.

That's just because you don't understand the power of the Holy Spirit. Raising the dead is a piece of cake. Your human-ness can't comprehend something beyond human endeavor. We can't comprehend agape love either, but it exists none the less.
Just like you can't see the wind, but you know it's there when a breeze touches your cheek...
Odd, then, that such miracles seemed to have happened in a time of a population desperately Ignorant of the biological sciences. Odd that Noah managed to live to be 900 years old when such absurdities are unknown to modern science.

So tell us about these spirit realms inhabited by holy spirits making the dead magically undead.

That's why you aren't running around selling slaves or stoning women, like your ancient ancestors, despite carrying around the exact same instruction book
such bs... sigh... yawn... so bored w/ all the talking points of the anti-Jesus folks...

The Catholic Church has spoken to the whole world throughout the centuries against slavery. Did anyone listen? Does anyone ever really listen to Jesus? a remnant...

not usually a large # of people... that is for sure...

and yet Christians get blamed for all the evil... sick

You appear to know very little of the Book, of the people, culture, and language of Biblical times.

Could it be, you search the Book for reasons not to bother with it? Not everything in the Bible is about you. Or me. Or anyone. It does contain age-old wisdom, and I enjoy learning about our ancestors. They are at least as interesting as modern man. I wouldn't be surprised if they think we are the barbarians--perhaps ten times over.
You appear unwilling to directly address any of my points, but then also willing to demand answers to questions.

Did the Bible teach you those manners?

"It does contain age-old wisdom"

So do Aesops fables. But they don't purport to be true stories.

such bs... sigh... yawn... so bored w/ all the talking points of the anti-Jesus folks...

The Catholic Church has spoken to the whole world throughout the centuries against slavery. Did anyone listen? Does anyone ever really listen to Jesus? a remnant...

not usually a large # of people... that is for sure...

and yet Christians get blamed for all the evil... sick
No counterpoints...just whining... this makes Baby Jesus cry

So do Aesops fables. But they don't purport to be true stories.
Ah. You don't believe the Bible because you take every word literally? Perhaps you are unaware that very few of the faithful do. Something like 30 percent today--I think it was about 40 percent in my grandmother's day.

Biblical literature consists of fables, just-so stories, plays, poetry, legends, folklore, folktales, law, history, biographies, popular quotes and songs of the times, even mythology. Each of these accounts teaches a lesson--that lesson is the point of each story, and in the lessons we find truth.

There is a lesson in each of Aesop's fables--as there usually is in just-so stories. Legends are usually inspirational, something to admire.

If you are reading the Bible literally, it just may explain why you have such a hard time with it.

You don't believe the Bible because you take every word literally?
Of course I don't take every word literally. Please pay attention. The Bible purports itself to be true. That is why it is a collection of myths, instead of a collection of fables or allegory.

Maybe it's just me but the more I despise the godless, the better I feel about myself,
i know the feeling..!

some say Separate the sin from the sinner, which i have tried to do... not easy...

then i think about this

Does God separate the sin from the sinner?

sometimes... when He is waiting for them to repent...

so I guess we should do the same....
sigh

Of course I don't take every word literally. Please pay attention. The Bible purports itself to be true. That is why it is a collection of myths, instead of a collection of fables or allegory.
Jesus did exist

even non Christian historians know this

oh, maybe the OT is the only t hing reject-worthy?

but Jesus, who claimed to be God (is God) quoted the O Testament

so there's that

Forum List

Back