Man Cannot Be Suitably Moral or Good without God. Here's why:

You are the threatened one, so, sorry that you're afraid of God and His promises. Or that you don't understand a warning when you get it. But, then again, it's not for everybody, so enjoy life while you can...
Yes, anyone who doesn't believe this childish nonsense is threatened by your childish, magical threats. That doesn't mean they actually fear the threat.

YOU are the one who fears the threat.

So all of your embarrassing dog and pony show applies more to you than to me.

Which is pretty funny, considering how proud of it you are and your misguided impression that you mock anyone but yourself.

Hilarious, really.

In the atheists' skewed view, joyfully dedicating your day to the service of others is 'hateful',
I tutored children in reading . . . for no reward.

You are teaching people that I'm not genuine in my concern for children.

Now, who do you suppose is being genuine?

Yes, anyone who doesn't believe this childish nonsense is threatened by your childish, magical threats. That doesn't mean they actually fear the threat.

YOU are the one who fears the threat.

So all of your embarrassing dog and pony show applies more to you than to me.

Which is pretty funny, considering how proud of it you are and your misguided impression that you mock anyone but yourself.

Hilarious, really.
Love doesn't threaten me. The lack of it threatens you. You have a good life. And after it's over, tell the rich man I said, "Hi" and am sorry he didn't listen to the warning either...

Love doesn't threaten me. The lack of it threatens you. You have a good life. And after it's over, tell the rich man I said, "Hi" and am sorry he didn't listen to the warning either...
What does your god get out of throwing people into his dungeon-torture chamber? Seems the god is full of emotion because what else could be behind that kind of malevolent gesture?

Pain for the sake of pain . . .

No, If you are right, and I die then I have lost nothing. So I have nothing at all to fear, one way or the other.
If I am right and you die, you lose everything...

That's why you are a Christian. No afterlife reward = you not a Christian.
Many of us follow the way of Christianity for the blessings it brings to our present life and for the relationship it builds with God. We don't need help in the afterlife, but in our present life.

No, If you are right, and I die then I have lost nothing. So I have nothing at all to fear, one way or the other.

Not true, you will have spent a life in fear that you would be banished to hell if you didn't toe the line.

Many of us follow the way of Christianity for the blessings it brings to our present life and for the relationship it builds with God.
Sorry, I don't buy that. We have covered this ground.

You believe it for the forever prize. The rest is incidental.

You believe it for the forever prize.
No. You believe that is why I believe.

I believe for the reasons I stated.

Again, out of curiosity: Why do you think you know me better than I know myself? What is it about you that is so certain you can read someone online?

Incorrect. What you call the "forever prize" is your crazy focus. There is much more out there.
I covered that. That is all incidental. If not for the forever prize, you wouldn't believe in any of it, and in fact, would never even have heard of any of it.

That being the case, this will be my last post to you. Since you hold that belief, you shouldn't be wasting your time with me. Been nice at times, but never again...count on it.
It's a discussion. Where ideas are exchanged. Yes, you are deluding yourself to think that you would believe any of this stuff without the forever prize attached. Because you would not.

You are not a Mystic. You are a theist.

Forum List

Back