Man of Sorrow

Do you approve of this message.

• No I do not and this is why........

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He loves to talk the Bible and religion with the atheists more than the believers.
What's wrong with that?

I'm not going to argue with you about your beliefs. It only makes you act unchristian.

So what if his interpretations do not fit Catholicism nor is Biblical?
I know you need to believe that. It's not true. But I have zero desire to correct you.

how does one find redemption of the human race in the execution of a deity ?

~S~

It is a long story. Do you have 1500 years? Jesus was not god but considered it not robbery to make himself equal with God. God hates sin so much that He needs to see something suffer for it. Usually they killed a lamb, a goat, a bull or something. God even liked the way it smelled. It was a sweet savoury unto Him. After while God got annoyed because people weren't taking it seriously.

So Jesus suffered immensely. The physical suffering Christ experienced was just a minuscule taste of the suffering Christ endured. He suffered trillions upon trillions upon trillions upon trillions upon trillions of years in hell for each of us so we wouldn't have to. It was done in 3 days so I imagine it was some sort of time warp or the punishment was intensified in order to be crammed into those three days. Anyways, the debt is paid. None of your sin matters anymore.
It's posts like this that make me question your claim that you ever taught Bible studies.

~S~

It is a long story. Do you have 1500 years? Jesus was not god but considered it not robbery to make himself equal with God. God hates sin so much that He needs to see something suffer for it. Usually they killed a lamb, a goat, a bull or something. God even liked the way it smelled. It was a sweet savoury unto Him. After while God got annoyed because people weren't taking it seriously.

So Jesus suffered immensely. The physical suffering Christ experienced was just a minuscule taste of the suffering Christ endured. He suffered trillions upon trillions upon trillions upon trillions upon trillions of years in hell for each of us so we wouldn't have to. It was done in 3 days so I imagine it was some sort of time warp or the punishment was intensified in order to be crammed into those three days. Anyways, the debt is paid. None of your sin matters anymore.
It's posts like this that make me question your claim that you ever taught Bible studies.

20190926_214449.jpg

When some people read about the talking serpent in genesis they conclude that it was about some magical time in the past when animals could talk, an imaginary mythological being, or it was a fallen invisible angel talking through a serpent.

When I first read it in the second grade I immediately concluded that the talking serpent was figurative depiction of a human archetype. I already knew about literary devices and talking animals. My mother told me so years before I went to kindergarten when reading fairy tales and the teacher confirmed this in the first grade. for some mysterious reason I never forgot.

So no. All interpretations of scripture are not equal.

And yeah, I have a magical decoder ring.

Its called a functioning brain.

I got a functioning brain and thought the Bible could be allegorical, at first. However, with that thesis, then people could come up with many different interpretations. The best explanation is Occam's razor and the literal one. It is how I proceeded until there was a contradiction. So far everything can be explained and there is scientific evidence to back it up. The biggest complaint against it is evolutionary thinking and history. That strangely contradicts everything that God said and is taken literally. I don't think it's allegorical. So, until evolutionary thinking and history can be backed by science, then the straight and literal Biblical reading is best. Science backs up that reading.

>>So no. All interpretations of scripture are not equal.<<

This statement is incorrect. The interpretation is either right or wrong. For example, with the talking serpent in Genesis example you give. Moreover, the Bible had to make sense to ancient peoples. They didn't know about Darwin or how ToE was supposed to work. They didn't know about theistic evolution. They either believed it or they didn't. They had evolutionary thinking back then, too, but it didn't have to do with spontaneous generation nor abiogenesis. They accepted creation.

The breath of life that turned Adam into a living being, the ankh, was an Egyptian concept easily understood by the people who just left Egypt. The talking serpent was a direct reference to the Pharaoh who claimed to be a god and wore a serpent on his head and would also has been easily understood by the intended readers.

686d0007-4f41-5f22-b5cb-4802db43c5f0.image.jpg

What are you basing this on? What is the ankh to you? I thought it was a Egyptian symbol, not a living being. Why would the Pharaoh be a talking serpent?

Jesus was a sinner and atheist according to the literal reading of the law. He spoke of an unknown God who codified teaching to stand guard over the sanctity of your own mind perceived through a deeper more intelligent understanding of kosher law and not a god that cared about what you eat or what you wear.

you are talking about blaspheming the holy spirit, The Spirit of truth, and you don't know that Jesus talked about it in the NT?

Really?

Now, it's getting fishy. Where in the OT or even NT does it say what you claim? Why don't you answer?

~S~

View attachment 281390
That proves nothing to me.

Your ridiculous understanding of what you supposedly taught speaks volumes and is what I place weight on.

Why would I travel to Myrtle Beach to rob a Christian school teacher and steal her program from the Convention?
20190926_214955.jpg

~S~

View attachment 281390

Your ridiculous understanding of what you supposedly taught speaks volumes and is what I place weight on.

Have you considered the possibility that I might be a bad teacher? This Convention is in progress until tomorrow at 1pm. How did I steal it so fast unless I am here?

~S~

View attachment 281390

Have you considered the possibility that I might be a bad teacher? This Convention is in progress until tomorrow at 1pm. How did I steal it so fast unless I am here?
No, because the it makes more sense that you're a troll.

Why would I travel to Myrtle Beach to rob a Christian school teacher and steal her program from the Convention?
View attachment 281395
I really appreciate your enthusiasm in your trolling, but when are you going to address my point?

Because that's the only thing that will convince me.

I convinced you weeks ago. Stop playing.
Don't flatter yourself. You aren't that good of a troll. You suck at it.

The things I say on US Message Board are not the same things i say in Bible class. I am guessing that you know that.

~S~

View attachment 281390

The things I say on US Message Board are not the same things i say in Bible class. I am guessing that you know that.

If you actually posted what you taught that would convince me. Unless of course your posts sounded like JB's, Hobelim's, or BW's.

t was even more convenient for the Chinese who recorded it as symbols in their written language 800 years before Moses recorded it. They drew pictures to express words or ideas. Simple pictures were combined to make more complex thoughts. They used well known history and common everyday things to make a word so people could easily remember it. The account of Genesis found it's way into the Chinese written language because the Chinese had migrated from the cradle of civilization. Prior to this migration they all shared a common history and religion.

The Bible even explains how it was possible for the Chinese to record the account of Genesis 800 years before Moses recorded it. The account of the Tower of Babel was the allegorical account of the great migration from Mesopotamia. This also explains why all ancient cultures have an account of a great flood. Because they all shared a common history and religion before the great migration from the cradle of civilization.

What do you think about that?

Where does it say in the Bible about the Chinese who recorded it as symbols 800 years before Moses?

You lost me. The Tower of Babel came after Noah's Flood and Genesis. And why do you state that it is allegorical? There are remains of the Tower of Babel and places in the Bible were found. This isn't mythology. If a literal reading doesn't explain it, then it could be allegorical.
The great migration from the cradle of civilization which is what the Tower of Babel is about explains how it was possible that the accounts in Genesis migrated to China. The first 11 chapters of Genesis records the history that all nations have in common. These allegorical accounts of the history of the world had been passed down from generation to generation orally for thousands of years. Moses did not write the first 11 chapters of the Bible. Moses was the first Hebrew to record them. The accounts had been passed down for thousands of years orally before Moses recorded them.

No, I mean you use Genesis to explain your story, but why do you consider it allegorical? I understand what you are saying happened. Why do you think the people in Genesis are fictional?

You do realize that the purpose of these accounts was to pass down knowledge, right?

Haha. You got this from the tree of knowledge? Where are your sources? You can't just assume what you are reading is allegorical. How could ancient peoples believe in a big bang when they knew nothing about it? You base things on present knowledge and that people in the past were misled or were wrong. They had to decide whether to believe the Adam and Eve story, as well.
Here is what you should have gotten from Genesis.

1. God created existence
2. Everything he created is good
3. What he created was done in steps
4. Man is a product of that creation
5. Man is unlike any other creature in creation
6. Man is made in God’s image in that he is a being which knows and creates
7. Man was told to go forth and be fruitful
8. Man was told to do as the original creator; to create for 6 days and then rest
9. Man knows right from wrong
10. Rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong when man does wrong, he rationalizes he didn’t do wrong
11. Successful behaviors naturally lead to success
12. Failed behaviors naturally lead to failure
13. Pass it down to the next generation

Now, you're making up stuff from your supposed allegorical readings. What is your source? Is it Catholic? What statements in Genesis are you claiming as allegory?

You aren't that good of a troll. You suck at it.

I have in my possession a program from the 2019 Christian School Convention. Why do I have it? How did I get it?

Theory 1: The school where I teach booked a spot for me to attend.

Theory 2: I have a hobby of making people angry on US Message Board. For months I have been searching for nearby teacher conventions and I finally found one. I drove to it. I waited patiently for a teacher to leave their program laying around. I then grabbed it and posted a picture of it online as soon as possible just to piss off ding. Yes. He really is that important.

Theory 3: to be written by ding.
Theory 4: to be written by ding.
Theory 5: to be written by ding.
Theory 6-100: to be written by ding. (optional)

If you actually posted what you taught that would convince me. Unless of course your posts sounded like JB's, Hobelim's, or BW's.

I will post a copy of the test I gave on the Book of Leviticus but it will have to wait until Monday. I can possibly do it tomorrow but I am not sure what time I will get back from the teacher's convention.

Now, he's claiming he's an atheist because of turning gay or something that happened :rolleyes:. But I suppose it's par for the course in this forum. Why does an atheist even refer to man of sorrow?

Forum List

Back