Man opens fire on police

So the high capacity magazine is why the shooter is dangerous?

Helps make him more dangerous. Lots of examples of hi cap magazines used for evil, but never good.

How does it make him more dangerous? I can see the situations like when Senator Giffords was shot. The shooter botched the reload and was tackled by bystanders. So the thinking is if the shooter has to reload more often it increases the chance someone can grab him. I saw nothing that says anyone was within range of grabbing the rifle.

Besides, despite a rifle typically being more accurate than a handgun, and "many" shots being fired in three separate towns, the only injury is listed as Not life threatening. In fact, they are not sure if the officer was hurt by the bullet or by "...debris from the shot".

Helps make him more dangerous. Lots of examples of hi cap magazines used for evil, but never good.

How does it make him more dangerous? I can see the situations like when Senator Giffords was shot. The shooter botched the reload and was tackled by bystanders. So the thinking is if the shooter has to reload more often it increases the chance someone can grab him. I saw nothing that says anyone was within range of grabbing the rifle.

He can keep shooting without worry of needing to reload. Not going to have someone in his sights and pull the trigger to find he's empty.

Wrong. Cop sent 17 rounds downrange just the other day to dispatch a guy. Maybe that's not "hi cap" though, the term is arbitrary. Any gun will help a murderer be more dangerous so your argument can be taken to that extreme, which is what you want judging by your previous posts.

Besides, despite a rifle typically being more accurate than a handgun, and "many" shots being fired in three separate towns, the only injury is listed as Not life threatening. In fact, they are not sure if the officer was hurt by the bullet or by "...debris from the shot".

I would call that very lucky.

He can keep shooting without worry of needing to reload. Not going to have someone in his sights and pull the trigger to find he's empty.

So high cap mags are super magical limitless ammunition reservoirs?

Many firearms lock open when you fire the last shot. Does take but a couple of seconds to reload.

And, from what he has hit, it seems that he has not had anyone in his sights yet anyway.

I would call that very lucky.

Yes, you could say that. It could also be that who ever is shooting is not trying to kill anyone. If you fire a lot of rounds at cops in three different cities, and hit no one, you are either an incredibly bad shot or were not trying to hit anyone.

So high cap mags are super magical limitless ammunition reservoirs?

Nope but why not make criminals reload often? Defenses in the vast majority are only 2 shots. Criminals like this guy and mass shooters however like to empty the magazine.

Ya it's the magazine capacity that's critical in this story.

Yes why would you want to slow down a criminals shooting. Silly me.

It takes an experienced shooter a couple of seconds to swap out a mag.

Even experienced shooters in not life threatening situations fail reloads at the range with the magazine sitting on a table in front of them.

Really? I don't own many semi-autos, but I have never failed at a reload at the range. Not one single time. It is a very simple action.

Forum List

Back