Many people exploit welfare

Onyx

Gold Member
Dec 17, 2015
This is actually another users signature, who is also a liberal. Many of you know whose signature to which this belongs.

How many sane, able bodied adult Americans refuse to work an available job in favor of living off of federal or state funds?

The answer is plenty. Believe me, I have encountered plenty of leeches and deadbeats off the welfare system in my home city.

They do have jobs though, but none of them are legal.

I had a liberal IRL tell me that collecting welfare checks was a legitimate and economically productive occupation.

Four questions here...

1. Do you support government welfare?

2. Do you acknowledge that many currently exploit government welfare system?

3. If you support government welfare and acknowledge exploitation, then how do you propose remedying this?

4. What do you believe each presidential candidate will do about the government welfare system?

This is actually another users signature, who is also a liberal. Many of you know whose signature to which this belongs.

How many sane, able bodied adult Americans refuse to work an available job in favor of living off of federal or state funds?

The answer is plenty. Believe me, I have encountered plenty of leeches and deadbeats off the welfare system in my home city.

I had a liberal IRL tell me that collecting welfare checks was a legitimate and economically productive occupation.

Four questions here...

3. If you support government welfare and acknowledge exploitation, then how do you propose remedying this?

4. What do you believe each presidential candidate will do about the government welfare system?

I have a solution- it begins with repealing the 17th Amendment so states can have greater control over the money/system of welfare. Let states run their own welfare programs as they see fit. Some will do well, others like California will likely go bankrupt. But it will no longer be a giant bureaucracy controlled by lawyers in Washington, but rather state and local governments who will have to answer to their constituents.

Four questions here...

I have a solution- it begins with repealing the 17th Amendment so states can have greater control over the money/system of welfare. Let states run their own welfare programs as they see fit. Some will do well, others like California will likely go bankrupt. But it will no longer be a giant bureaucracy controlled by lawyers in Washington, but rather state and local governments who will have to answer to their constituents.

States do manage their own welfare systems, aptly named one.

US Welfare System - Help for US Citizens

I personally know one person who abused it and said, quote, "what's the point of me working when I can just get a similar amount of money from the government every month." Another time I overheard someone saying that they had lied on a financial aid form to collect more aid. It makes me question just how common...or uncommon this stuff is. But truly, people found guilty of this stuff should be punished severely.

It IS a great help in recovery every time the corrupt GOP wrecks the economy AGAIN. Your anecdotal evidence of criminality is laughable.

On the contrary, it creates an unsustainable bubble that not only risks a greater implosion, but makes the common man lazy and dependent.

Last edited:
I personally know one person who abused it and said, quote, "what's the point of me working when I can just get a similar amount of money from the government every month." Another time I overheard someone saying that they had lied on a financial aid form to collect more aid. It makes me question just how common...or uncommon this stuff is. But truly, people found guilty of this stuff should be punished severely.

I have known tons of able bodied adults that abuse welfare.

Their position is morally justifiable. There is nothing wrong with exploiting a broken system. The fault is on the system, and not on them.

Welfare should not exist at all, but I vigorously oppose punishing exploiters. At most, just turn off the welfare spigot towards exploiters.

Welfare is among the lowest for fraud among government programs.

Just How Wrong Is Conventional Wisdom About Government Fraud?

Many forms of welfare exploitation are not considered fraud.

Someone could just not be working and still collect welfare, and that is considered legal. Most of these systems hardly leave room for viable fraud.

The ETC is one form of welfare that demands work, although the possible jobs that constitute work are ridicolous. Growing 5 vegetables in a patch of soil can qualify you for ETC.

I qualify for welfare simply for being born a certain way. It does not matter that I am a capable adult.

Last edited:
It was Obama who told welfare recipients they no longer even had to look for a job, just show up and collect the handouts paid for by hard working Americans who fund the these lazy moochers.

Four questions here...

They manage them, but I suggested they should also fund them, design them and eliminate the Feds from the system entirely. Make the states solely responsible. Don't collect money thru the IRS and then filter it back thru bureaucratic levels to the states.
How are welfare programs funded in the United States?
A:
QUICK ANSWER
In the United States, the various programs comprising the country's welfare system are primarily funded by the federal government. The six main programs of the U.S. social welfare structure include Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, Supplemental Security Income, the Food Stamp Program, Earned Income Tax Credit, Medicaid and Housing Assistance.

CONTINUE READING
KEEP LEARNING

FULL ANSWER
The term "welfare" refers to the monetary assistance of a government to its citizens who lack self-sufficiency. In the U.S., the welfare system was established in the aftermath of the Great Depression. The burgeoning unemployment rate prompted the government to provide financial aid to alleviate the poor living conditions of the American people. Although mainly funded by the federal administration, some welfare programs are financed by state governments.

Four questions here...

They manage them, but I suggested they should also fund them, design them and eliminate the Feds from the system entirely. Make the states solely responsible. Don't collect money thru the IRS and then filter it back thru bureaucratic levels to the states.
A:
QUICK ANSWER
In the United States, the various programs comprising the country's welfare system are primarily funded by the federal government. The six main programs of the U.S. social welfare structure include Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, Supplemental Security Income, the Food Stamp Program, Earned Income Tax Credit, Medicaid and Housing Assistance.

CONTINUE READING
KEEP LEARNING

FULL ANSWER
The term "welfare" refers to the monetary assistance of a government to its citizens who lack self-sufficiency. In the U.S., the welfare system was established in the aftermath of the Great Depression. The burgeoning unemployment rate prompted the government to provide financial aid to alleviate the poor living conditions of the American people. Although mainly funded by the federal administration, some welfare programs are financed by state governments.

Nobody forces a state to take Federal funds, oh he who named himself well.

The solution is fairly simple.
The federal government just has to let the states know that the last generation of welfare leaches is now currently taking taxpayers dollars. As of a certain date, no more reimbursements will be paid out to the states for social programs.
The individual states then have the option of finding their own funding, or dropping the program.
This does not take away from those currently getting the free money, but it will give incentive to the children of those people to stay in school and seek employment when they turn 18.
Then at a date in the future maybe 15 years down the road, anyone under the age of 30 at the time of the announcement will lose all benefits. This gives them time to go and find work, or go to some sort of job training etc...
After all is over with, then only those that are without question disabled and unable to provide for themselves will be considered for government assistance.

It was Obama who told welfare recipients they no longer even had to look for a job, just show up and collect the handouts paid for by hard working Americans who fund the these lazy moochers.
Wrong of course. He just gave states more freedom in how they ran welfare. The usual ridiculous spin for the dupes...

Forum List

Back