Marines’ Benghazi Rescue Platoon Was Kept on Tarmac for Six Hours

Sorry, 12 hours later.

Here's the timeline:

http://benghazi.house.gov/sites/republicans.benghazi.house.gov/files/documents/13 App G Attack Timelines.pdf

Stevens was killed in the initial attack on the Consulate, around 10PM Benghazi time on Sept. 11th (4PM EST).

At 12PM Benghazi time the next day, the C-17 landed in Rota to pick up the FAST team. It sat on the tarmac until 4PM, when it took off for Benghazi.

That was the only aircraft available in the entire Med? Bullshit!

"I have heard Liberals say you don't send them because you don't know what the situation is on the ground."

I fail to see how liberals created this tactic when it is a military textbook maneuver...

W
"I have heard Liberals say you don't send them because you don't know what the situation is on the ground."

I fail to see how liberals created this tactic when it is a military textbook maneuver...

They had drones providing real time data.
And the host country was suppose to provide security forces also..

Oh, you mean the security forces that bailed out and left the Embassy unguarded?

Do you know honestly anything about what happened or are you making shit up as you go along?
I am sure the embassy guard was made up shit.....

They were probably helping those in making the attack! Look at the truth and not the lies being spread by the NY Slime, Clinton News Network and PMSNBC!
Whoa, your going full speed Admiral, better slow down to half speed..

W
They had drones providing real time data.

Oh, you mean the security forces that bailed out and left the Embassy unguarded?

Do you know honestly anything about what happened or are you making shit up as you go along?

They were probably helping those in making the attack! Look at the truth and not the lies being spread by the NY Slime, Clinton News Network and PMSNBC!

Then you need to get back on the porch if you can't run with the big dogs!

Your dog needs to control his jumping and nipping...

The problem is that your dog won't hunt!

Why hunt when there is a grocery store?

It would be just like a liberal to take a terrorist shopping!

Got to be a good capitalist.

That would be the NRAGOP and the dupes. Change the channel. NINE investigations, all of them saying the GOP LIES nonstop, the Big Lie Infotainment Machine

A platoon of US Marines assigned to the Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team at Rota, Spain, was held on the base’s airstrip for six hours as administration officials debated whether to send them to Benghazi in uniform or in civilian clothes, one of the Republicans serving on the House Select Committee on Benghazi told Breitbart News Tuesday.
“The FAST team was sitting on the tarmac with no lift [aircraft]” to Benghazi, said Rep. Lynn Westmoreland (R.-Ga.). “While they’re there, people are getting them to change clothes. You know? Civilian clothes, then back to military clothes, then back to military clothes, back to civilian–which indicates to me that there was evidently a fight or a disagreement between the DoD and the State Department.”

---------------------------------------

When Americans are under attack and fighting for their lives you send a Quick Reaction Force or a Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team immediately. You don't hesitate. You don't wait.

- It is chaos, and Americans are fighting for their lives. THIS is their mission - to go, put themselves in harm's way, and save lives. It was hours to Benghazi, and during those hours en-route Intel could have been gathered (as much as possible), and they could have been briefed in the air. During that whole time in the air the situation could have been changing, but that is no reason NOT to send the highly trained team whose job it is to counter terrorism and terrorist attacks...and to save a US Ambassador.

"They would not have gotten there in time to save anyone."
- At the time the attack started they had no idea that was the case. They had no idea that 13 hours later Americans would still be fighting for their lives. Even if there is a slight chance someone might be alive YOU SEND THE F*ING CALVARY! THAT is the thing about 'You never leave a man behind' that Obama and Hillary will NEVER understand. If nothing else you send the team in that will kill these F*ers, who will secure the area, and who will get our people back, dead or alive!

Instead Barry and Hillary wasted 6 Hours (knowing they still had an approx. 12 hour flight once they took off) of extremely valuable time. They were unprepared - grasping for answers they should have already had knowing there was an extremely high chance of a terrorist attack happening on 9/11/12.
Next 8 years will see the end of the American Dream.

No that can't be right, ya'll said that if we elected Obama that would be the end of the United States. Then ya'll claimed it again in 2012. WTF, When is he going to do the deed?????????

The right had been wrong all along. It is Hillary who is the Anti-Christ. Bill had been trying to warn us for decades by blinking in Morse code, but everyone just thought he had something in his eyes.

Hmm, who knows about military operations? The military, or some guy on a message board...

Such a difficult choice.
Yer right as usual. We career military combat veterans don't know shit about military operations. And at times I was an Operations Sergeant but of course we didn't do anything except play pinochle an tell war stories.

What a sgt. did in the military twenty or thirty years ago has no meaning today. You weren't part of the command heirarchy, decision making, or know anything of the strategic or tactical situation in Libya 4 years ago. Being a sailor on a destroyer 20 years ago has no bearing on what decisions the navy makes today, nor does a pilot in a C-130.

Abject lesson in Red Herring over.

Hmm, who knows about military operations? The military, or some guy on a message board...

Such a difficult choice.
Yer right as usual. We career military combat veterans don't know shit about military operations. And at times I was an Operations Sergeant but of course we didn't do anything except play pinochle an tell war stories.

What a sgt. did in the military twenty or thirty years ago has no meaning today. You weren't part of the command heirarchy, decision making, or know anything of the strategic or tactical situation in Libya 4 years ago. Being a sailor on a destroyer 20 years ago has no bearing on what decisions the navy makes today, nor does a pilot in a C-130.

The Navy does not have sargeants. Are you gay?

Such a difficult choice.

The Navy does not have sargeants. Are you gay?

Read again Capt dimbulb. I said sailor.

But that doesn't suit your outrage and you have no argument so you lie using another Red Herring. Just as the derp before you.

'If you like your plan you can keep your plan."
Complain to your insurer - it has nothing to do with Obamacare.
It had everything to do with Obamacare. The law mandated a new minimum amount of govt-defined insurance requiring almost all policies to change. It was a lie. Learn what you're talking about before speaking.

A platoon of US Marines assigned to the Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team at Rota, Spain, was held on the base’s airstrip for six hours as administration officials debated whether to send them to Benghazi in uniform or in civilian clothes, one of the Republicans serving on the House Select Committee on Benghazi told Breitbart News Tuesday.
“The FAST team was sitting on the tarmac with no lift [aircraft]” to Benghazi, said Rep. Lynn Westmoreland (R.-Ga.). “While they’re there, people are getting them to change clothes. You know? Civilian clothes, then back to military clothes, then back to military clothes, back to civilian–which indicates to me that there was evidently a fight or a disagreement between the DoD and the State Department.”

---------------------------------------

When Americans are under attack and fighting for their lives you send a Quick Reaction Force or a Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team immediately. You don't hesitate. You don't wait.

- It is chaos, and Americans are fighting for their lives. THIS is their mission - to go, put themselves in harm's way, and save lives. It was hours to Benghazi, and during those hours en-route Intel could have been gathered (as much as possible), and they could have been briefed in the air. During that whole time in the air the situation could have been changing, but that is no reason NOT to send the highly trained team whose job it is to counter terrorism and terrorist attacks...and to save a US Ambassador.

"They would not have gotten there in time to save anyone."
- At the time the attack started they had no idea that was the case. They had no idea that 13 hours later Americans would still be fighting for their lives. Even if there is a slight chance someone might be alive YOU SEND THE F*ING CALVARY! THAT is the thing about 'You never leave a man behind' that Obama and Hillary will NEVER understand. If nothing else you send the team in that will kill these F*ers, who will secure the area, and who will get our people back, dead or alive!

Instead Barry and Hillary wasted 6 Hours (knowing they still had an approx. 12 hour flight once they took off) of extremely valuable time. They were unprepared - grasping for answers they should have already had knowing there was an extremely high chance of a terrorist attack happening on 9/11/12.

Marines belong in uniforms and not civilian clothes in a combat zone. A Marine getting caught wearing civilian clothes is automatically executed by the enemy and legal under the Geneva Convention that the US is a signatory of.

Forum List

Back