Marines’ Benghazi Rescue Platoon Was Kept on Tarmac for Six Hours

That is what happens when you have traitors inside the upper ranks of the Administration and generals that are more politicians that soldier.

"I have heard Liberals say you don't send them because you don't know what the situation is on the ground."

I fail to see how liberals created this tactic when it is a military textbook maneuver...
However liberal shit heads caused a giant cluster fuck, as per usual.
BS. They were rescued after 30 minutes. 5 hours late a lucky mortar shot. It's ridiculous the way the brainwashed keep bringing up the same irrelevant bs years after being debunked...

The dupes aren't sure of ANY of the facts. "What does it matter" was about GOP bs. No attackers talked, it was all total bs as to their motives...The video is still the most suspected of motives by the CIA.

Hmm, who knows about military operations? The military, or some guy on a message board...

Such a difficult choice.
Yer right as usual. We career military combat veterans don't know shit about military operations. And at times I was an Operations Sergeant but of course we didn't do anything except play pinochle an tell war stories.

A platoon of US Marines assigned to the Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team at Rota, Spain, was held on the base’s airstrip for six hours as administration officials debated whether to send them to Benghazi in uniform or in civilian clothes, one of the Republicans serving on the House Select Committee on Benghazi told Breitbart News Tuesday.
“The FAST team was sitting on the tarmac with no lift [aircraft]” to Benghazi, said Rep. Lynn Westmoreland (R.-Ga.). “While they’re there, people are getting them to change clothes. You know? Civilian clothes, then back to military clothes, then back to military clothes, back to civilian–which indicates to me that there was evidently a fight or a disagreement between the DoD and the State Department.”

---------------------------------------

When Americans are under attack and fighting for their lives you send a Quick Reaction Force or a Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team immediately. You don't hesitate. You don't wait.

"I have heard Liberals say you don't send them because you don't know what the situation is on the ground."
- It is chaos, and Americans are fighting for their lives. THIS is their mission - to go, put themselves in harm's way, and save lives. It was hours to Benghazi, and during those hours en-route Intel could have been gathered (as much as possible), and they could have been briefed in the air. During that whole time in the air the situation could have been changing, but that is no reason NOT to send the highly trained team whose job it is to counter terrorism and terrorist attacks...and to save a US Ambassador.

"They would not have gotten there in time to save anyone."
- At the time the attack started they had no idea that was the case. They had no idea that 13 hours later Americans would still be fighting for their lives. Even if there is a slight chance someone might be alive YOU SEND THE F*ING CALVARY! THAT is the thing about 'You never leave a man behind' that Obama and Hillary will NEVER understand. If nothing else you send the team in that will kill these F*ers, who will secure the area, and who will get our people back, dead or alive!

Instead Barry and Hillary wasted 6 Hours (knowing they still had an approx. 12 hour flight once they took off) of extremely valuable time. They were unprepared - grasping for answers they should have already had knowing there was an extremely high chance of a terrorist attack happening on 9/11/12.
As former Marine infantry who was part of an embassy evacuation in Ethiopia I can testify that as an alert force you are ready to go at a moments notice. 6 hours is bullshit.

I fail to see how liberals created this tactic when it is a military textbook maneuver...

They had drones providing real time data.

Last edited:

W

And the host country was suppose to provide security forces also..

allow me to quote Robert Gates ..

We don't have a ready force standing by in the Middle East, and so getting somebody there in a timely way would have been very difficult, if not impossible." he explained.

Suggestions that we could have flown a fighter jet over the attackers to "scare them with the noise or something," Gates said, ignored the "number of surface to air missiles that have disappeared from [former Libyan leader] Qaddafi's arsenals."

"I would not have approved sending an aircraft, a single aircraft, over Benghazi under those circumstances," he said.

Mr Gates knows a little more than a gaggle of goober headed message board morons.

soooooooooooooooo
the RWNJs wanted some of our own military aircraft shot down so they could have something else to blame Clinton for?

Why didn't they shoot down the drones?

W

The drone was there for hours and hours but nothing else could get there.
Military cadets will be scratching their heads when studying this action for the next hundred years. Betcha the founding fathers and the generals in our history would be proud of that bunch of fuckups.

W

Military cadets will be scratching their heads when studying this action for the next hundred years. Betcha the founding fathers and the generals in our history would be proud of that bunch of fuckups.
SNAFU

W

SNAFU
FUBAR too. WETSU

W

Oh, you mean the security forces that bailed out and left the Embassy unguarded?

Do you know honestly anything about what happened or are you making shit up as you go along?

Hillary told you it was a spontaneous protest started because of a video

Nope, she never once said that. Neither did Susan Rice. It is however what passes for truth in the Faux bubble. So I'm sure you've heard it so many times now that you actually believe it. Everyone knows.....

You have no been placed on ignore for telling outright lies above and beyond the call of common sense.

W

Oh, you mean the security forces that bailed out and left the Embassy unguarded?

Do you know honestly anything about what happened or are you making shit up as you go along?
I am sure the embassy guard was made up shit.....

The platoon was on notice after the deaths occurred. End of OP.

Really? I'm reading it all came down to clothing. Military or civilian. Isn't that oh so special and oh so liberal.

House GOP Benghazi report – Marines' rescue was delayed because no one could decide whether they should wear uniforms or civvies
  • On night of 2012 attacks, government officials whether Marines should wear military or civilian uniforms
  • Marines had to change FOUR TIMES in three hours
  • The U.S. also failed to scramble military assets in time to stop the attack on the U.S. Benghazi compound
  • Top official at Hillary Clinton's State Department said he was sensitive to not diminishing security through overt presence

Read more: Marines' Benghazi rescue was delayed by debate over military uniforms
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It's true that the FAST team was kept on the tarmac for 3 hours due to confusion over whether they should be in uniform or not, along with other logistical issues.

The problem with your narrative is that it occurred nearly 7 hours after the attack in Benghazi was over, long after all US personnel had been evacuated to Tripoli and Rammstein.

The C-17 didn't even get to Rota to pick the FAST team up until noon on Sept. 12th.

So?

Completely irrelevant!

W

I am sure the embassy guard was made up shit.....

They were probably helping those in making the attack! Look at the truth and not the lies being spread by the NY Slime, Clinton News Network and PMSNBC!

Forum List

Back