Mass shooting: At Least 11 Shot At Gilroy Garlic Festival

Police responded to the festival grounds around 5:30PM. Around 11 people were reportedly shot. One of them has died.

Never knew there was a garlic festival, prayers go to the victims.

MASS SHOOTING: At Least 11 Shot At Gilroy Garlic Festival - Breaking911
A small price to pay for our Second Amendment Freedoms

My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims

It has nothing to do with a "price paid for our 2nd A rights"

This is a kind of event that can take anywhere, even places that don't have a 2nd Amendment. Places like Paris France in the fall of 2015. Or in the Tremendous Republic of Mexico.

The families of the victims have to realize that guns in our society keep us safe and that your loved ones death only serves to protect our beloved second amendment

We would have guns in our society, regardless of what the laws say.

California has banned guns, right? but...this sort of tragedy still happens over there!

Perhaps a good guy should have carried a gun to defend himself and others,and the outcome would have been different.
CA has a much lower murder rate than very pro-gun Missouri
LA has a much lower murder rate than very pro-gun St Louis, Mo
.....you people are shallow/warped thinkers--no--you can't stop everything, but you can LOWER the murder rate
PLUS, the laws are not national
cops carry and they get killed/etc
I've been over this a million times with 2AGuy

Sacramento will have the shooters out by Friday.
The cops killed the shooter within one minute. During that one minute 11 were injured and 3 were murdered.

I guess California cops are braver than Florida cops. They might even have been Hispanic cops. Oh my.
Definitely braver than all those open carry guys who ran like little girls when there was that shooter in Dallas years ago.

California has banned guns, right? but...this sort of tragedy still happens over there!

Perhaps a good guy should have carried a gun to defend himself and others,and the outcome would have been different.
California has not banned guns. A lot of hunters here. You got bad intel
It's just very difficult to get a gun permit. Cops can arrest the person defending himself just as easily as the perp.
They don't have some kind of force-field around gun-free zones so you're pretty much on your own in the state of California.
Even if everybody carried guns in Cali the festival banned weapons like most large gatherings do... even Trump rally’s.
And that may help but nothing prevents an angry nutjob from killing.

Snips: Gilroy Garlic Festival gunman cut through back fence to avoid security, police say

"Smithee said the festival had security checkpoints with metal detectors."

"Taylor Pellegrini, 25, said that her bag was checked at the entrance but that one of her friend’s was not"

Gilroy Garlic Festival gunman cut through back fence to avoid security, police say

I’m personally not interested in carrying nor do I feel a need to be surrounded by friends who are carrying. But if I wanted to I know there is a process to do so legally
So you don't like to take responsibility for your own safety?
Of course I do. Where does it say I need to be strapped to take control of my own safety?! That’s a pretty stupid statement
Your reaction is very revealing. What the fuck is strapped? You're in the same situation and the gunman sees you and a family member. What do you do?
I do whatever I can to keep everybody safe, what kind of question is that?! Let me ask you something’s. Do you always have a gun on you? Do you take it to your kids school? To concerts, movie theaters, baseball games?

If not then why? Is that an example of you not taking responsibility for your own safety?
If you feel the need too ponder what kind of question I asked you,then you are not prepared to protect anyone. Yes I always carry. Regradless what a sign may say
Ok captain commando do what you gotta do... don’t worry about me I’ve been just fine

It’s not that difficult, you just need to go through the process and show you understand gun safety and dont pose a threat. I don’t think it’s unreasonable
I do. It is completely unreasonable by U.S. Constitution standards. If that is the process the left desires, they need to legally and properly amend the U.S. Constitution.
It’s the process the state of california and it’s people want
Doesn’t matter. If the people of Alabama wanted to lynch African-Americans, would that be ok? If the constitution doesn’t permit it - then it doesn’t matter what the people of California want.
Do you believe anybody should be able to walk into a school carrying a gun? Cruise into a high school basketball game holding an AR?

So what?! I’m not seeing your point. If I want to get a cc I can go get one. It’s not a big deal.
The left: “Taking $200 class, having a background check, needing a CCW permit holder to vouch for you, and having to pass tests for a permit is not a big deal”.

Also the left: “What...you want a voter to produce ID?!? No African-American in the world has ID nor do they know how to obtain one. This is racist and a monumental violation of constitutional rights”.
I got no problem with the CCW process and I have no problem with voter ID. How about you stick to my arguments and not bring in the strawman

Apparently guy was asked by people screaming "why are you doing this" and he responded "because I'm really angry".

6 Year old boy killed so that some POS could get his anger out in the form of mass murder. This is the world we live in.
Correction: This is the country we live in.
There is risk inherent to freedom. The more security one has; the less freedom one has. There’s no way around it. You just have to decide which is more important to you. Real, traditional Americans who align more closely with the founders vision for this nation, choose freedom every time...
Our founders Never. Ever. In A Million Years. would have found our level of gun homicide and ever increasing mass shootings of innocent civilians an acceptable trade for "freedom."
That's bullshit.

I read it's gang stuff. Full-auto AKs.

Gangs seem to have no problem getting them out there.

In California with all their crazy gun restrictions.
Mass shooting in the US doesn't discriminate....15000 deaths on average each year.
Not due to mass shootings you liar. And less then 12000 a year until last year. Seems the left is up in arms and murdering people cause they can not handle losing the election in 2016. I mean if you can lie so can I right?
Nope..one crazy guy..as usual.

Forum List

Back