Mass stabbing in pa school BREAKING

That has absolutely nothing to do with my point which has nothing to do with geography. There are people everywhere that don't want to be armed.

ROFL

You really are as out of touch as you seem....

Tell you what slick, why don't you post a poll that supports your silly little claim?

Out of touch? In what way?

How Many People Own Guns in America? And Is Gun Ownership Actually Declining? | TheBlaze.com

A minority of Americans own guns, but just how many is unclear | Pew Research Center

I even included an article from a conservative leaning website. Gun ownership isn't even close to 50% of the country and those are household numbers, not individuals. If more people wanted to be armed, more people would own guns.

More people would own guns if they wanted them. For people who want to be armed, guns seem to be a pretty high priority for many of them.

I don't know if it has ever been asked how many of those who don't want to be armed, don't want others to be armed. I am not one of those people. I do think they guy who brought a gun to Disney World was crazy though.

I was talking with one of my employees one day, and he said he would like to buy a gun, but would rather have an Xbox since he'll use it more. From a priority perspective, I can understand that.

See Ace, not everyone lives on the Upper West Side, not everyone has a trust fund. A lot of people have to decide what they will spend their funds on.

You should leave Manhattan, and visit America some time, you might be surprised what it's really like.

More people would own guns if they wanted them. For people who want to be armed, guns seem to be a pretty high priority for many of them.

I don't know if it has ever been asked how many of those who don't want to be armed, don't want others to be armed. I am not one of those people. I do think they guy who brought a gun to Disney World was crazy though.

I was talking with one of my employees one day, and he said he would like to buy a gun, but would rather have an Xbox since he'll use it more. From a priority perspective, I can understand that.

See Ace, not everyone lives on the Upper West Side, not everyone has a trust fund. A lot of people have to decide what they will spend their funds on.

You should leave Manhattan, and visit America some time, you might be surprised what it's really like.

LOL, a trust fund and living in Manhattan. I wish!

I've been working since I was 17 and worked throughout most of college. I've been with my current company for over 10 years, in my mid-30's. I've lived in Chicago, have traveled to many different areas for work (large cities, small cities and rural areas) and currently live in an exurban area outside Chicago that is majority Republican.

Most Americans don't want to be armed or they would be. They don't care if others are, they just don't feel the need to carry a gun with them wherever they go. They don't live in fear every second of their lives.

That has absolutely nothing to do with my point which has nothing to do with geography. There are people everywhere that don't want to be armed.

ROFL

You really are as out of touch as you seem....

Tell you what slick, why don't you post a poll that supports your silly little claim?

Out of touch? In what way?

How Many People Own Guns in America? And Is Gun Ownership Actually Declining? | TheBlaze.com

A minority of Americans own guns, but just how many is unclear | Pew Research Center

I even included an article from a conservative leaning website. Gun ownership isn't even close to 50% of the country and those are household numbers, not individuals. If more people wanted to be armed, more people would own guns.

Interesting, that directly contradicts;

Self-Reported Gun Ownership in U.S. Is Highest Since 1993

Disarming the Myths Promoted By the Gun Control Lobby - Forbes

Congressional Report: As gun ownership soared, murder rate fell dramatically - BizPac Review

Gun Ownership Rises to All-Time High, Violent Crime Falls to 35-Year Low

I trust nothing from Gallop at this point based on their 2012 election polls.

Nothing in this mentions the number of Americans who own guns.

Nothing in this mentions the number of Americans who own guns. It mentions that the number of guns has grown but not how many Americans actually own them.

Nothing in this mentions the number of Americans who own guns. It mentions that the number of guns has grown but not how many Americans actually own them.

I think you are confusing my argument. I'm not stating that people want guns banned, I'm just stating that a majority of people don't actually want to own a gun themselves.

Most people don't want to be armed though. They have kids or grandkids and just don't want to the responsibility that comes with owning a gun.

How do you know what most people want?

About 4 in 10 households have a gun owner. Now the other 6 out of ten either doesn't want a gun as you suggest or they can't legally purchase one or can't afford one. Who really knows for sure?

Out of those that you claim do not want to be armed, how many of those do not want any law abiding citizen armed?

Be honest. You have no idea what "more" people want or would do.

Unless you can provide a poll or something akin to one then you cannot speak for anyone.

Most people don't want to be armed though. They have kids or grandkids and just don't want to the responsibility that comes with owning a gun.

There ARE people who don't live on the upper West Side of Manhattan, you know...

True ... and criminal thugs are banking on it.

How do you know what most people want?

About 4 in 10 households have a gun owner. Now the other 6 out of ten either doesn't want a gun as you suggest or they can't legally purchase one or can't afford one. Who really knows for sure?

Out of those that you claim do not want to be armed, how many of those do not want any law abiding citizen armed?

Unless you can provide a poll or something akin to one then you cannot speak for anyone.

More people would own guns if they wanted them. All of the polls out there on gun ownership are at a household level so gun ownership at a personal level is even lower than the number polls show.

It can't be done

And the price we pay for those 300 million guns is the highest murder rate in the industrialized world and periodic mass shootings

All we can do is try to make those mass shootings less successful. Make it harder for crazies to get guns, ban high capacity magazines, improve background checks

That can be done by arming law abiding citizens.

Criminals don't fear the law, hell they're constantly breaking it. But they do fear an armed citizen.

John Stossel had a report on guns and included the fact that inmates are more afraid of citizens who are armed than they are of cops, simply because they know instantly more often than not who the cops are.

TEN MYTHS ABOUT GUN CONTROL

Criminals, gang bangers and drug dealers are not afraid of citizens with guns....it is the cost of doing business

UH huh... yes.. they are DEFINITELY more scared of citizens without guns

:rolleyes:

More people would own guns if they wanted them. All of the polls out there on gun ownership are at a household level so gun ownership at a personal level is even lower than the number polls show.

Not necessarily

Some cannot.. prior convictions, etc
Some don't have the funds...
Some don't report it
Some don't feel answering a poll is some place they want to announce their gun ownership
There can be all kinds of reasons as to the results of POLLS or why some do or do not own firearms... none of this means more would own them if they wanted them, even if they do not have them now

Personally, I transferred my ownership to my father in law when my kids were younger... I have since bought more weapons...

That can be done by arming law abiding citizens.

Criminals don't fear the law, hell they're constantly breaking it. But they do fear an armed citizen.

John Stossel had a report on guns and included the fact that inmates are more afraid of citizens who are armed than they are of cops, simply because they know instantly more often than not who the cops are.

TEN MYTHS ABOUT GUN CONTROL

Criminals, gang bangers and drug dealers are not afraid of citizens with guns....it is the cost of doing business

UH huh... yes.. they are DEFINITELY more scared of citizens without guns

:rolleyes:

Bullshit

You think a gangbanger or drug dealer cares if their rivals have guns? They shoot first and ask questions later

Just to make sure......I ask for a show of hands.

Who among us believes that a crazy person with a knife is potentially more deadly/dangerous to a crowd of people than a crazy person with an AK-47?

I count two thus far. PredFan and TK.

Anyone else want to hop on that train to stupid?

Both are dangerous.

You ever watch the show "The Following?" A couple of weeks back they had a knife attack on it where 40 people in a Starbucks were knifed, and I could easily see it - in fact I told my wife that they shouldn't show stuff like that because someone will do it. Crowded room, once the panic starts, and a guy with a knife is devastating. In that one, the victims didn't know who the attacker was, they just wanted out, letting the attacker move at will.

Look, I realize you have a political agenda, but if you stop and apply reason, you can see how silly your position is.

Political agenda?

The idea that a crazy guy with a knife is more deadly than a crazy guy with an AK-47 is too stupid to qualify for discussion. And your evidence is a TV show.

Fucking looney bin......this place is a looney bin.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back