Massachusetts Man Says He Was Fired for Telling Colleague Her Gay Marriage Is Wrong

Let's see if you can answer these questions:

1) What did the woman do or say that was inappropriate?

Nothing

2) Did the man do or say anything inappropriate?

He did not say anything other than expressing an opinion that was offensive to someone else and that is not illegal in this country

Oh, was he arrested?

Then, to be consistant, he should be threatening sexual harassment lawsuits against ANYONE mentioning their upcoming nuptials. ANYONE.

Would have have been able to sue for sexual harassment under the current definition held by the courts?

No.

She can bring a lawsuit based on someone else's offensive opinion but he can not? Thats why its a double standard.

How would YOU feel if someone is loudly espousing the opinion...to you...that your marriage is an invalid one. That your fiancee or wife is not a REAL fiancee or wife.

This guy's lucky he got off with just no job. If he did something like that to me, he might go away with no teeth too.

I would be upset but no one would be able to bring a lawsuit against their employer for that but they can bring one on things that seem to encompass what the left don't want people to say or even think anymore.

Everyone should be able to express their opinion no matter how offensive it is at work and if it is disrupting the workplace then the boss can fire the culprits based on that but he shouldn't be forced to fire people based on the fear of a lawsuit especially if the reasons that people can bring a lawsuit happen to be the left's cherry picked do-not-do list of societal behaviors.

You still believe in freedom right?

Let's see if you can answer these questions:

1) What did the woman do or say that was inappropriate?

Nothing

2) Did the man do or say anything inappropriate?

He did not say anything other than expressing an opinion that was offensive to someone else and that is not illegal in this country

Oh, was he arrested?

Then, to be consistant, he should be threatening sexual harassment lawsuits against ANYONE mentioning their upcoming nuptials. ANYONE.

Would have have been able to sue for sexual harassment under the current definition held by the courts?

No.

She can bring a lawsuit based on someone else's offensive opinion but he can not? Thats why its a double standard.

How would YOU feel if someone is loudly espousing the opinion...to you...that your marriage is an invalid one. That your fiancee or wife is not a REAL fiancee or wife.

This guy's lucky he got off with just no job. If he did something like that to me, he might go away with no teeth too.

I'd tell them they were wrong and walk away knowing they were an ass. But they're entitled to express their opinion . . . . no matter how much I disagreed with it.

Oh, was he arrested?

No.

I'd tell them they were wrong and walk away knowing they were an ass. But they're entitled to express their opinion . . . . no matter how much I disagreed with it.
How would you react if this employee called a same sex couple that was registering their wedding at Brookstone "deviants."

Oh, was he arrested?

No.

I would be upset but no one would be able to bring a lawsuit against their employer for that but they can bring one on things that seem to encompass what the left don't want people to say or even think anymore.

Everyone should be able to express their opinion no matter how offensive it is at work and if it is disrupting the workplace then the boss can fire the culprits based on that but he shouldn't be forced to fire people based on the fear of a lawsuit especially if the reasons that people can bring a lawsuit happen to be the left's cherry picked do-not-do list of societal behaviors.

As I asked before...was anyone arrested?

Oh, was he arrested?

No.

Where do you get the notion the boss was forced to fire the employee?

Oh, was he arrested?

No.

How would you react if this employee called a same sex couple that was registering their wedding at Brookstone "deviants."

Same as what I posted above. You may not like what they say, you may not agree with what they say . . . . but they have a right to say it. You can also walk away.

I said this earlier, people need to grow a thicker skin.

Same as what I posted above. You may not like what they say, you may not agree with what they say . . . . but they have a right to say it. You can also walk away.

I said this earlier, people need to grow a thicker skin.
I'm guessing you're not a capitalist.

and he should have been fired, you are not suppose to discuss those things in the work place.

Of course. If they were to say the exact things except about Atheism, I doubt that Fox would have a story about it. My point is that just don't talk about religion in the work place. Nothing good comes from it, ever. :lol:

I agree, but unless he broke a contractual agreement, then he should not have been fired.

and he should have been fired, you are not suppose to discuss those things in the work place.

Of course. If they were to say the exact things except about Atheism, I doubt that Fox would have a story about it. My point is that just don't talk about religion in the work place. Nothing good comes from it, ever. :lol:

I agree, but unless he broke a contractual agreement, then he should not have been fired.

massachusetts is an at will state, and being second asst to the third deputy manager at brookstone isn't exactly like being the GM of the red sox.

Just pretend the man was a Muslim....the left would be running to protect his rights.

Oh, was he arrested?

No.

No but who decided that sexual harrassment means saying anything that happens to be offensive to what people on the left believe in such as saying "a woman's place is in the home" or "a marriage is a man and a woman"? It seems to me that some pesky lawyers managed to expand the definition to those things because deep down a lot of people in this country feel that they shouldn't be able to say those things. They can't pass laws actually arresting people for saying such things but they can make sure that they can't be employed thereby affecting their ability to eat.

What they have done is created a bylaw that forbids someone's freedom of expression in the work place.

Just pretend the man was a Muslim....the left would be running to protect his rights.

That is the point I'm trying to make. If this man was muslim he would have been embraced by diversity gods but since he was right-wing christian he is attacked by the left which is why sexual harassment has become a weapon against the white-christian-male.

I have to doubt this person would have been fired if he were discussing opposition to traditional marriage........

I do too but then again can you cite anything to back that up? How many people are walking around talking about the "deviance" of traditional marriage these days?

How about KK and 'blaming the breeders!' j/k, KK.

Oh, was he arrested?

No.

Where do you get the notion the boss was forced to fire the employee?

Every company develops sexual harassment policies for the sole purpose to avoid a lawsuit and what constitutes sexual harassment includes a wide variety of politically incorrect things such as the case in the OP. The company itself may not want to fire the employee and may even agree with the employee's beliefs but because they are afraid of being sued for millions of dollars they have to let go of that employee for their protection even if they may not want to.

In essence, the sexual harassment policy that they craft becomes an extension of the bylaws that PC judges create themselves because they feel that people should not have those beliefs.

Last edited:

No but who decided that sexual harrassment means saying anything that happens to be offensive to what people on the left believe in such as saying "a woman's place is in the home" or "a marriage is a man and a woman"? It seems to me that some pesky lawyers managed to expand the definition to those things because deep down a lot of people in this country feel that they shouldn't be able to say those things. They can't pass laws actually arresting people for saying such things but they can make sure that they can't be employed thereby affecting their ability to eat.

What they have done is created a bylaw that forbids someone's freedom of expression in the work place.
Let me guess: They call you The Perv at work.

Massachusetts Man Fired for Telling Colleague that Homosexual Behavior Is Wrong

Will people now start firing anyone because of their personal and religious beliefs?
This story was discussed at length a few weeks ago:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ling-colleague-her-gay-marriage-is-wrong.html

Guy is a fucking douchebag who called his coworker a "deviant" and said he "hates people like that" two weeks into his job - where he works with the retail public.
All the woman did was call her fiancee a "she."

He should have been fired.

Forum List

Back