Matthew 6, What a nightmare on national TV yesterday!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mentioned turning on the TV, so you can also turn it off. And yes, we DO want to see the president praying and being prayed for on TV.
Do you think Trump is a good Christian?

What's a "good Christian"? Be specific, with references.
A dead one some might say Not I though
Horrible attack on Christians you tried to play off, nice

and you still didn't answer the question
Separation of church and state in the United States - Wikipedia
Originally, the First Amendment applied only to the federal government, and some states continued official state religions after ratification. Massachusetts, for example, was officially Congregational until the 1830s.[10] In Everson v. Board of Education (1947), the U.S. Supreme Court incorporated the Establishment Clause (i.e., made it apply against the states):

The "establishment of religion" clause of the First Amendment means at least this: Neither a state nor the Federal Government can set up a church. Neither can pass laws which aid one religion, aid all religions, or prefer one religion to another . . . in the words of Jefferson, the [First Amendment] clause against establishment of religion by law was intended to erect 'a wall of separation between church and State' . . . That wall must be kept high and impregnable. We could not approve the slightest breach.[11]

simple reading, I imagine even you can do it.

Try reading the letter the Danbury Baptists sent to Jefferson and then his response wherein the phrase "separation of church and state" first appeared.

Letters Between the Danbury Baptists and Thomas Jefferson - WallBuilders

The language is likely a little over your head. Get someone to help you.

Prayer
5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the
street corners to be seen by others.
Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a unacceptable spectacle and a disgrace to show a man praying for the Potus on national TV.

Then again I believe in the Separation of Church and State, I do not want a theocratic government where only the leaders can screw whoever they want and lead a life of crime, like Saudi Arabia.
One H-U-G-E NothingBurger .

Originally, the First Amendment applied only to the federal government, and some states continued official state religions after ratification. Massachusetts, for example, was officially Congregational until the 1830s.[10] In Everson v. Board of Education (1947), the U.S. Supreme Court incorporated the Establishment Clause (i.e., made it apply against the states):

The "establishment of religion" clause of the First Amendment means at least this: Neither a state nor the Federal Government can set up a church. Neither can pass laws which aid one religion, aid all religions, or prefer one religion to another . . . in the words of Jefferson, the [First Amendment] clause against establishment of religion by law was intended to erect 'a wall of separation between church and State' . . . That wall must be kept high and impregnable. We could not approve the slightest breach.[11]

What happened did not establish a church, so no problem.
Neither can pass laws which aid one religion, aid all religions, or prefer one religion to another

we really were set up as a secular country.

Yes, with absolute freedom of religion, and the expression of it.

Prayer
5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the
street corners to be seen by others.
Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a unacceptable spectacle and a disgrace to show a man praying for the Potus on national TV.

Then again I believe in the Separation of Church and State, I do not want a theocratic government where only the leaders can screw whoever they want and lead a life of crime, like Saudi Arabia.
AMEN! I don't care about the Separation of Church and State so much here, as just downright hypocritical showmanship. How gullible does he think we are?

Showmanship?

you claiming it was scripted?

How gullible does he think we are?

Good question.

how gullible are you?
Showmanship?

Yes, Will, I am sure of it.
Were the pics of Obama praying scripted?
Obama was praying to God.
Brunson was praying to Trump.

See the difference?

See the difference?
See the difference?

You old hag...you don't even know the difference!

Brunson was praying TO God, FOR Trump...

See the difference?

The Word of God commands you, in Jesus' name, which compels you, away with you demon, as it is Written

`
`

TM8rIVU.gif

`
ROFLMAO

In order for you to be a smart ass,
you have to be smart, to begin with...
otherwise, you're just an ass

Neither can pass laws which aid one religion, aid all religions, or prefer one religion to another

Which doesn't prevent the president from praying or being prayed for. You can get the vapors all you want, but there's no legal problem with this happening. In fact, it's a good thing to see a massive ego like Trump be humble enough to do it.

AMEN! I don't care about the Separation of Church and State so much here, as just downright hypocritical showmanship. How gullible does he think we are?

Showmanship?

How gullible does he think we are?

Good question.

how gullible are you?
Showmanship?

Yes, Will, I am sure of it.
Were the pics of Obama praying scripted?

See the difference?

See the difference?
See the difference?

You old hag...you don't even know the difference!

Brunson was praying TO God, FOR Trump...

See the difference?

No it was all for show on a national TV audience. Trump and him probably planned it. Remember who Trump is , a reality TV personality, do not forget that.

Which doesn't prevent the president from praying or being prayed for. You can get the vapors all you want, but there's no legal problem with this happening. In fact, it's a good thing to see a massive ego like Trump be humble enough to do it.

We are set up as a secular country which is why no one running for office needs to declare their religion. The only reason the Don is a Christian now is due to he needs the holier than thou vote. His life has not shown he has a Christian bone in him.
It was all for TV and votes.

We are set up as a secular country which is why no one running for office needs to declare their religion. The only reason the Don is a Christian now is due to he needs the holier than thou vote. His life has not shown he has a Christian bone in him.

The secular stance of the nation does not preclude the free expression clause.

As to whether he is Christian or not - Christians seem to feel otherwise.

What part of being a christian does he follow?? Can you name one ?

I don't know the man, but we are saved by faith.

Lets just say you never heard of the man and his disgusting going ons before he became your leader What about judging his christianity on the almost 2 years the slime has been in office ?

Lets just say you never heard of the man and his disgusting going ons before he became your leader What about judging his christianity on the almost 2 years the slime has been in office ?

Romans 3:23

SO your poor excuse for that slimebag is we all dishonor God??

That people are weak and behave badly does not preclude them from being Christian. Human nature is a powerful force.

I don't give a whit about Trump's Christianity. I voted for a President, not a pastor.

That people are weak and behave badly does not preclude them from being Christian. Human nature is a powerful force.
BUT how can these supposed god fearing people fall at the alter of trump Wasn't their something in the bible about worshiping idols?

The Clintons dishonor God. Maxine Waters doe. Diane Feinstein does. You don't really care about dishonoring God. You hate Trump. You don't need a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back