Matthew 6, What a nightmare on national TV yesterday!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it about free expression that you people don't understand?

Pray in private, we do not want to turn on tv and a ? pastor is on his knees gushing up the Potus with a scripted pray. Also keep it out of public schools.

Really don't understand the First Amendment, do you?

I understand freedom of religion and that includes Muslims, Jews, Hindus and all the atheists and agnostics in the US. The Potus of the US is suppose to honor the freedom of religion. He instead dwells on Christianity, his new founded religion and voters. Also the Evangelicals, and how they love to control and interfere in politics. See my sig, oh how they all swarm around him.

The President is fair to people of all religions. He is the first President with a Jewish daughter and grandchildren, and has engendered Tremendous relations with the Children of Israel.
I guess you pray in UAE.
Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nayhan | The Back Channel

and
A Moment of Silence to Mark the One-Year Anniversary of the Boston Marathon Bombing

Really now it does not even compare to the nightmare on TV yesterday.

Do you see anyone blathering, NO.

And another in a mosque, you are getting hard up hey?

also please link where you get your pictures from.
Sorry but the FREE EXERCISE of RELIGION is in the CONSTITUTION. the President is allowed to and should pray. What is your fucking issue? Not everyone is a depressed atheist that thinks life is meaningless and we just become dirt again.......

He can pray anywhere, quietly. By the way it was the pastor who prayed. I have never heard Trump pray.

Pastors pray. It's what they do. And thank God there is no problem with them doing it in the Oval Office in front of TV cameras. It's good to see even such a massive ego as Trump's being humble before God.

Raging TDS alert! :cuckoo:
Someone call the waaaaaambulance!

Trump can go to a church or in a closet and have someone pray over him. Not TDS, Separation of Church and State. The last thing I want if to be controlled by Evangelicals but it sure looks like they are everywhere and far deep into politics, like usual. Jeffress is so sickening, they all are. See my sig. That tells you everything you need to know. Disgusting demons.

Pray in private, we do not want to turn on tv and a ? pastor is on his knees gushing up the Potus with a scripted pray. Also keep it out of public schools.

You mentioned turning on the TV, so you can also turn it off. And yes, we DO want to see the president praying and being prayed for on TV.
Do you think Trump is a good Christian?

No.

I understand freedom of religion and that includes Muslims, Jews, Hindus and all the atheists and agnostics in the US. The Potus of the US is suppose to honor the freedom of religion. He instead dwells on Christianity, his new founded religion and voters. Also the Evangelicals, and how they love to control and interfere in politics. See my sig, oh how they all swarm around him.

The President is fair to people of all religions. He is the first President with a Jewish daughter and grandchildren, and has engendered Tremendous relations with the Children of Israel.
I guess you pray in UAE.

and
A Moment of Silence to Mark the One-Year Anniversary of the Boston Marathon Bombing

Sorry but the FREE EXERCISE of RELIGION is in the CONSTITUTION. the President is allowed to and should pray. What is your fucking issue? Not everyone is a depressed atheist that thinks life is meaningless and we just become dirt again.......

He can pray anywhere, quietly. By the way it was the pastor who prayed. I have never heard Trump pray.

Pastors pray. It's what they do. And thank God there is no problem with them doing it in the Oval Office in front of TV cameras. It's good to see even such a massive ego as Trump's being humble before God.

Showing off before God and the world to see, SHAME!!

do you include Muslims, Jews, Hindus and all the atheists and agnostics in the US in your daily (?) meditations?

Does he have to give up his own beliefs because he is POTUS?

your sig?

nothing more than childish bait

No of course he can be a Christian. The pastor who I question should of never done that in the Oval Office and Trump should not of allowed it. I am not on TV or the Potus of the US. My prayer life is no ones business except my immediate family and friends. Its private and should never interfere in politics.

My sig is a pic of what should never happen on TV in the oval office and be on the news.

I might add, I do not want an evangelical as a president and he seems to be one.

I want to add, since Trump believes in a God, then he doesn't believe he is God, but why do some many of his followers treat him like a God and laugh and applaud even when they know he is lying.

You simply have no Constitutional grounds on which to be upset.

Yes I do by the way "I" and many others interpret the 1st Amendment.

I guess you pray in UAE.

and

Politicians show off. It's what they do. In this case however, one is, whether he knows it or not, humbling himself before God. That's a good thing.

do you include Muslims, Jews, Hindus and all the atheists and agnostics in the US in your daily (?) meditations?

your sig?

No of course he can be a Christian. The pastor who I question should of never done that in the Oval Office and Trump should not of allowed it. I am not on TV or the Potus of the US. My prayer life is no ones business except my immediate family and friends. Its private and should never interfere in politics.

My sig is a pic of what should never happen on TV in the oval office and be on the news.

I might add, I do not want an evangelical as a president and he seems to be one.

I want to add, since Trump believes in a God, then he doesn't believe he is God, but why do some many of his followers treat him like a God and laugh and applaud even when they know he is lying.

The SC does not agree with you. In fact, you are in a very small minority.

Trump can go to a church or in a closet and have someone pray over him. Not TDS, Separation of Church and State. The last thing I want if to be controlled by Evangelicals but it sure looks like they are everywhere and far deep into politics, like usual. Jeffress is so sickening, they all are. See my sig. That tells you everything you need to know. Disgusting demons.

You mentioned turning on the TV, so you can also turn it off. And yes, we DO want to see the president praying and being prayed for on TV.

What's a "good Christian"? Be specific, with references.
A dead one some might say Not I though

your sig?

interpret?

you can't go by what it actually says?

you have to 'interpret' it?

I guess you pray in UAE.

and

Funny how you only say this stuff with republicans.
you really are clueless to how stupid you look, when you make statements like that
The pastor asked trump if it was ok to pray, Trump said go ahead........there was no coercion.

I mean Trump doesn't let people sit in foreign jails like Obama did, Trump gets it done....pastors, Koreans, basketball players, he didn't have prayer times with those guys, just with the pastor.....you really need to learn to look at things objectively or your leftwing politics are going to give you ulcers and a heart attack.

Horrible attack on Christians you tried to play off, nice

and you still didn't answer the question

I guess you pray in UAE.

and

you really are clueless to how stupid you look, when you make statements like that
The pastor asked trump if it was ok to pray, Trump said go ahead........there was no coercion.

I mean Trump doesn't let people sit in foreign jails like Obama did, Trump gets it done....pastors, Koreans, basketball players, he didn't have prayer times with those guys, just with the pastor.....you really need to learn to look at things objectively or your leftwing politics are going to give you ulcers and a heart attack.

Trump and the Pastor showing off for the whole world to see how pious they are. Scam artist. Both of them.

Separation of church and state in the United States - Wikipedia
Originally, the First Amendment applied only to the federal government, and some states continued official state religions after ratification. Massachusetts, for example, was officially Congregational until the 1830s.[10] In Everson v. Board of Education (1947), the U.S. Supreme Court incorporated the Establishment Clause (i.e., made it apply against the states):

The "establishment of religion" clause of the First Amendment means at least this: Neither a state nor the Federal Government can set up a church. Neither can pass laws which aid one religion, aid all religions, or prefer one religion to another . . . in the words of Jefferson, the [First Amendment] clause against establishment of religion by law was intended to erect 'a wall of separation between church and State' . . . That wall must be kept high and impregnable. We could not approve the slightest breach.[11]

simple reading, I imagine even you can do it.

Last edited:

Trump and the Pastor showing off for the whole world to see how pious they are. Scam artist. Both of them.

You don't have to be impressed by either Rev. Brunson nor our President's piety. But the 1st Amendment guarantees both of them the right to pray to Almighty God. And if you don't like it, tough shit.

yes, it is simple reading...

but has nothing to do with the First Amendment.

as it states, it has to do with an excerpt from a letter to the Danbury Baptists, by a president that wasn't involved with the writing of the First.

(I believe he was over seas when it was written and approved)

Were the pics of Obama praying scripted?
Obama was praying to God.
Brunson was praying to Trump.

See the difference?
Brunson was laying his hand on Trump and praying to God, that's scriptural. You obviously haven't spent any time in a Christian Church. When Christians pray for others they put their hand on them some times. What an idiotic ignorant post.

You mean Evangelicals, and there Is a time and place for everything, and that was not it. On national TV. And he said, in Jesus's name. I am so upset over this.

....you're just not very bright if you're an actual American.
Showmanship?

you claiming it was scripted?

Good question.

how gullible are you?
Showmanship?

Yes, Will, I am sure of it.

See the difference?

Hey Old Lady. You had several actual Christians explain to you that Pastor Brunson was not "praying to Trump". He was kneeling and laying on of hands, a very Scriptural and well known mode of prayer to actual Christians.

You have not amended nor apologized for your horrible smear of a good Christian man. You are known here for being "fair minded". As far as I know, fair-minded people retract when they have been proven wrong.

Unless you are so all-knowing that you actually KNOW that Pastor Brunson was praying TO Trump despite his words and actions, you are wrong.

So, which is it? Are you not actually fair-minded, or are you just another rabid anti-Christian? You've never actually fooled me. Not for one second.

He was doing both, praying for him and to him. On TV for all to see, disgraceful. Reading from a script he wrote down, what a hoot. Poor little Turkey man, after 22 years in Turkey, his church only had what 25 members. He is likely connected with the Gulen movement, they have a lot of charter schools here in the US, in TX and Ohio, they have to bring in teachers from Turkey, even though they have less credentials.

Is your name "Old Lady"?

I don't care what you think, btw.

Brunson was laying his hand on Trump and praying to God, that's scriptural. You obviously haven't spent any time in a Christian Church. When Christians pray for others they put their hand on them some times. What an idiotic ignorant post.

You mean Evangelicals, and there Is a time and place for everything, and that was not it. On national TV. And he said, in Jesus's name. I am so upset over this.

It will grind your gears that I'm a conservative public school teacher.

Too bad, so sad.

Originally, the First Amendment applied only to the federal government, and some states continued official state religions after ratification. Massachusetts, for example, was officially Congregational until the 1830s.[10] In Everson v. Board of Education (1947), the U.S. Supreme Court incorporated the Establishment Clause (i.e., made it apply against the states):

The "establishment of religion" clause of the First Amendment means at least this: Neither a state nor the Federal Government can set up a church. Neither can pass laws which aid one religion, aid all religions, or prefer one religion to another . . . in the words of Jefferson, the [First Amendment] clause against establishment of religion by law was intended to erect 'a wall of separation between church and State' . . . That wall must be kept high and impregnable. We could not approve the slightest breach.[11]

What happened did not establish a church, so no problem.

See the difference?

....you're just not very bright if you're an actual American.
Showmanship?

Yes, Will, I am sure of it.

See the difference?

Hey Old Lady. You had several actual Christians explain to you that Pastor Brunson was not "praying to Trump". He was kneeling and laying on of hands, a very Scriptural and well known mode of prayer to actual Christians.

You have not amended nor apologized for your horrible smear of a good Christian man. You are known here for being "fair minded". As far as I know, fair-minded people retract when they have been proven wrong.

Unless you are so all-knowing that you actually KNOW that Pastor Brunson was praying TO Trump despite his words and actions, you are wrong.

So, which is it? Are you not actually fair-minded, or are you just another rabid anti-Christian? You've never actually fooled me. Not for one second.

He was doing both, praying for him and to him. On TV for all to see, disgraceful. Reading from a script he wrote down, what a hoot. Poor little Turkey man, after 22 years in Turkey, his church only had what 25 members. He is likely connected with the Gulen movement, they have a lot of charter schools here in the US, in TX and Ohio, they have to bring in teachers from Turkey, even though they have less credentials.

Is your name "Old Lady"?

I don't care what you think, btw.

Old Lady is separate person, I'm Penelope.(4 syllables)

What happened did not establish a church, so no problem.
Neither can pass laws which aid one religion, aid all religions, or prefer one religion to another

we really were set up as a secular country.

Prayer
5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the
street corners to be seen by others.
Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a unacceptable spectacle and a disgrace to show a man praying for the Potus on national TV.

Then again I believe in the Separation of Church and State, I do not want a theocratic government where only the leaders can screw whoever they want and lead a life of crime, like Saudi Arabia.

my favorite passage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back