Matthew 6, What a nightmare on national TV yesterday!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I pray, I always thank God for not allowing the crook in a pantsuit from becoming POTUS.

THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!
GOD fooled you gipper You received instead the crookedest POS to ever step into our WH Makes Ponzi seem like a child
To think Trump more crooked than Crooked Hillary, is to not think.

Why do you believe the D Party? You would never believe the R party.
Hillary survived 11 straight hours of investigation calm cool and collected The pos Kavanaugh cried and whimpered like a baby Hill showed her taxes Trump who probably paid very little if any, was afraid to do the same. Trump is making billions on the back of his Presidency and collusion with the Russians is just around the corner,,,and obstruction will bite him in his fat ass

Hillary survived 11 straight hours of investigation calm cool and collected

and set a new record for, 'I don't recall/I don't remember'

The pos Kavanaugh cried and whimpered like a baby

because he was being attacked, on baseless accusations, in an attempt to ruin his name, his reputation, and his family.

by another woman that couldn't seem to remember.
How did Bill Clinton react when he was attacked over and over again by republicans I'd say he was 3 times the Man Trump could ever be even with his faults

He lied, remember?

Stood there on tv, shook his finger in our faces, and stated he did NOT have sex with Monica

Prayer
5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the
street corners to be seen by others.
Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a unacceptable spectacle and a disgrace to show a man praying for the Potus on national TV.

Then again I believe in the Separation of Church and State, I do not want a theocratic government where only the leaders can screw whoever they want and lead a life of crime, like Saudi Arabia.
AMEN! I don't care about the Separation of Church and State so much here, as just downright hypocritical showmanship. How gullible does he think we are?

Showmanship?

you claiming it was scripted?

How gullible does he think we are?

Good question.

how gullible are you?
Showmanship?

Yes, Will, I am sure of it.
Were the pics of Obama praying scripted?
Obama was praying to God.
Brunson was praying to Trump.

See the difference?
Obama prays to Allah.

Brunson was laying his hand on Trump and praying to God, that's scriptural. You obviously haven't spent any time in a Christian Church. When Christians pray for others they put their hand on them some times. What an idiotic ignorant post.
No, I'm a Yankee. We do not touch each other or jump up and holler "Amen Jesus!" during the sermon, either. But it is still a "Christian" church. You should get another name for yours.
You may be a Yankee, but you're not a Christian and you're ignorant of the Scriptures and Christianity.

Proud to be a Yankee and I know the blble and the scriptures. I also know the Freedom of Religion of the Constitution and that does not mean only the different sects of Christianity.
Since you claim to know the Scriptures, then you should know that we are commanded to pray for our leaders.

by who, give me verse??
You're a liar and an idiot.
I Timothy 2:1-2 - I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.

Prayer
5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the
Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

It was a unacceptable spectacle and a disgrace to show a man praying for the Potus on national TV.

Then again I believe in the Separation of Church and State, I do not want a theocratic government where only the leaders can screw whoever they want and lead a life of crime, like Saudi Arabia.

If you don't believe or accept Scripture, stop misquoting it to make a stupid point.

Prayer

You know, Penelope, just by posting this thread you have done everything that verse teaches against and describes.

Look at you standing in the street corner professing your "faith" for the rest of us to see, and look at you, babbling like a pagan.

Matthew 7:1-5

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Showmanship?

Good question.

how gullible are you?
Showmanship?

See the difference?
Brunson was laying his hand on Trump and praying to God, that's scriptural. You obviously haven't spent any time in a Christian Church. When Christians pray for others they put their hand on them some times. What an idiotic ignorant post.

You mean Evangelicals, and there Is a time and place for everything, and that was not it. On national TV. And he said, in Jesus's name. I am so upset over this.
Why are you so worried? Your party took God out of it in 2012. It has helped you sooo much. Lost record number of seats. Lost a gauranteed president election and now you have antifia representing you. Also just look at the hate you have in your heart for christians. You're pretty pathectic.

Prayer

--LOL you are nothing more then a worthless leftist hypocrite

Prayer

I didn’t have a problem with Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II or Obama praying in the White House, I had no problem with all of the, meeting Billy Graham or other religious leaders at the White House and I don’t see an issue with Trump doing so. Not sure what your issue is other than it’s Trump.

It's just TDS running wild through her mind.

No its not TDS, but Trump sure puts on a show!!

I am a big believer in the Separation of Church and State.

If you think the Church is controlling the US government, you have really big issues with reality.

Brunson is an ordained pastor in my denomination. It's laying hands on and praying. Entirely Scriptural and powerful too.

Shame
Praying to give Trump supernatural powers is "scriptural?" Yeah, Jesus was big into beseeching his Heavenly Father for supernatural powers for Tiberius. Cozying up to power and putting in a good word for him was all part of a day's work.

Brunson isn't Jesus and wouldn't even try to be. We are commanded to pray for our leaders

By who are we commanded??

God

Again my Sunday School students have this down

Tell me the scripture that commands it.

Don't have to..you know them or so you say

Prayer

It was a beautiful moment and that it upsets you makes it all the better

I'm sure Jesus would not approve. All of you holy rollers do not even know what is in the scriptures.

You don't either, if your OP is any indication.

GOD fooled you gipper You received instead the crookedest POS to ever step into our WH Makes Ponzi seem like a child
To think Trump more crooked than Crooked Hillary, is to not think.

Why do you believe the D Party? You would never believe the R party.
Hillary survived 11 straight hours of investigation calm cool and collected The pos Kavanaugh cried and whimpered like a baby Hill showed her taxes Trump who probably paid very little if any, was afraid to do the same. Trump is making billions on the back of his Presidency and collusion with the Russians is just around the corner,,,and obstruction will bite him in his fat ass

Hillary survived 11 straight hours of investigation calm cool and collected

and set a new record for, 'I don't recall/I don't remember'

The pos Kavanaugh cried and whimpered like a baby

because he was being attacked, on baseless accusations, in an attempt to ruin his name, his reputation, and his family.

by another woman that couldn't seem to remember.
How did Bill Clinton react when he was attacked over and over again by republicans I'd say he was 3 times the Man Trump could ever be even with his faults

He lied, remember?

Stood there on tv, shook his finger in our faces, and stated he did NOT have sex with Monica
and the 18 ladies accusing trump all lied too and his 1st wife lied when she said trump raped her etc etc etc And while having sex outside your marriage is a dumb thing to do I don't remember any law against it...And I'm sure you're aware of the many lies trump has told Where's the fairness ?? Maybe you'll believe Mueller ?

Showmanship?

Good question.

how gullible are you?
Showmanship?

See the difference?

You mean Evangelicals, and there Is a time and place for everything, and that was not it. On national TV. And he said, in Jesus's name. I am so upset over this.

Then get on your knees and find out what God thinks about it.

See the difference?

We don't care

Be upset over stuff in your own country for once

I am , I live in the US, born and raised here, and this is not fine.

It is more than fine to see a pastor doing what pastors are supposed to do.

Penelope, there is no sense trying to talk to this crew. They haven't got a Christian idea between them. Hateful judgment and condemnation masked as "religion" when it's actually nothing but politics is all they've got.

Sorry, OL

y'all are making it 'political', by claiming the pastor prayed TO Trump, not FOR him.

By whining about prayer meetings in the presence of the President when a Republican is in office, and ignoring the same thing when a Democrat is in office.
Who made it political?

“I need it probably more than anybody in this room,” the president quipped. The pastor then went on one knee and prayed that the president be blessed with “supernatural wisdom.”

When the reverential moment was over, Trump rather abruptly looked at Norine Brunson and asked her whom she had voted for in the presidential election — before admitting that he already knew she had voted for him.

Pastor Andrew Brunson kneels in prayer in Oval Office after being freed from Turkish jail

See the difference?
No, I'm a Yankee. We do not touch each other or jump up and holler "Amen Jesus!" during the sermon, either. But it is still a "Christian" church. You should get another name for yours.
You may be a Yankee, but you're not a Christian and you're ignorant of the Scriptures and Christianity.

Proud to be a Yankee and I know the blble and the scriptures. I also know the Freedom of Religion of the Constitution and that does not mean only the different sects of Christianity.

You do not understand the Scriptures if all you do is look for things that upset you.

Penelope, there is no sense trying to talk to this crew. They haven't got a Christian idea between them. Hateful judgment and condemnation masked as "religion" when it's actually nothing but politics is all they've got.

Sorry, OL

y'all are making it 'political', by claiming the pastor prayed TO Trump, not FOR him.

By whining about prayer meetings in the presence of the President when a Republican is in office, and ignoring the same thing when a Democrat is in office.
Who made it political?

“I need it probably more than anybody in this room,” the president quipped. The pastor then went on one knee and prayed that the president be blessed with “supernatural wisdom.”

When the reverential moment was over, Trump rather abruptly looked at Norine Brunson and asked her whom she had voted for in the presidential election — before admitting that he already knew she had voted for him.

Pastor Andrew Brunson kneels in prayer in Oval Office after being freed from Turkish jail

How did you know that Pastor Brunson was praying TO Trump as you said in this thread?

I'm sure this pastor and his wife did pray for Trump, that he would help them. Now we will have to hear how God heard their prayers. And when people pray hard for a reason and it doesn't happen, then we have to hear "It wasn't meant to be".

You seem to pay a lot of attention to what people of faith have to say.

Prayer

6599527711-dfdbc1265d-b.jpg

DYT9aoOX4AAmnA8.jpg

Minute_of_silence_at_White_House_for_Sandy_Hook_school_shooting.jpg

12241569163_d720fb2e68_b.jpg
DOH!!

Since you claim to know the Scriptures, then you should know that we are commanded to pray for our leaders.

by who, give me verse??
You're a liar and an idiot.
I Timothy 2:1-2 - I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.

Timothy, who is he? Urge is not command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back