Matthew 6, What a nightmare on national TV yesterday!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prayer
5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the
street corners to be seen by others.
Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a unacceptable spectacle and a disgrace to show a man praying for the Potus on national TV.

Then again I believe in the Separation of Church and State, I do not want a theocratic government where only the leaders can screw whoever they want and lead a life of crime, like Saudi Arabia.
6599527711-dfdbc1265d-b.jpg

DYT9aoOX4AAmnA8.jpg

Minute_of_silence_at_White_House_for_Sandy_Hook_school_shooting.jpg

12241569163_d720fb2e68_b.jpg
Too funny....

When the right claims the National Day of Prayer refers only to Christians

I'm sure this pastor and his wife did pray for Trump, that he would help them. Now we will have to hear how God heard their prayers. And when people pray hard for a reason and it doesn't happen, then we have to hear "It wasn't meant to be".

You seem to pay a lot of attention to what people of faith have to say.

People of faith? I wonder if this man prayed for Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and his guards?

You may be a Yankee, but you're not a Christian and you're ignorant of the Scriptures and Christianity.

Proud to be a Yankee and I know the blble and the scriptures. I also know the Freedom of Religion of the Constitution and that does not mean only the different sects of Christianity.
Since you claim to know the Scriptures, then you should know that we are commanded to pray for our leaders.

by who, give me verse??
You're a liar and an idiot.
I Timothy 2:1-2 - I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.

Timothy, who is he? Urge is not command.
When I get urges I sit on the pot

Obama was praying to God.
Brunson was praying to Trump.

See the difference?
Brunson was laying his hand on Trump and praying to God, that's scriptural. You obviously haven't spent any time in a Christian Church. When Christians pray for others they put their hand on them some times. What an idiotic ignorant post.
No, I'm a Yankee. We do not touch each other or jump up and holler "Amen Jesus!" during the sermon, either. But it is still a "Christian" church. You should get another name for yours.
You may be a Yankee, but you're not a Christian and you're ignorant of the Scriptures and Christianity.

Proud to be a Yankee and I know the blble and the scriptures. I also know the Freedom of Religion of the Constitution and that does not mean only the different sects of Christianity.

You do not understand the Scriptures if all you do is look for things that upset you.

I know there is no command to pray.
The 10 Commandments List, Short Form*
  1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
  2. You shall not make idols.
  3. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
  4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
(But Jesus is the Christian good and he does not command it either)

I'm sure this pastor and his wife did pray for Trump, that he would help them. Now we will have to hear how God heard their prayers. And when people pray hard for a reason and it doesn't happen, then we have to hear "It wasn't meant to be".

I put more on their actions and if their actions line up with what they say.

Prayer
5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the
Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

It was a unacceptable spectacle and a disgrace to show a man praying for the Potus on national TV.

Then again I believe in the Separation of Church and State, I do not want a theocratic government where only the leaders can screw whoever they want and lead a life of crime, like Saudi Arabia.

No one is forcing you to do anything. Its not a disgrace at all. Its great.

GOD fooled you gipper You received instead the crookedest POS to ever step into our WH Makes Ponzi seem like a child
To think Trump more crooked than Crooked Hillary, is to not think.

Why do you believe the D Party? You would never believe the R party.
Hillary survived 11 straight hours of investigation calm cool and collected The pos Kavanaugh cried and whimpered like a baby Hill showed her taxes Trump who probably paid very little if any, was afraid to do the same. Trump is making billions on the back of his Presidency and collusion with the Russians is just around the corner,,,and obstruction will bite him in his fat ass

Hillary survived 11 straight hours of investigation calm cool and collected

and set a new record for, 'I don't recall/I don't remember'

The pos Kavanaugh cried and whimpered like a baby

because he was being attacked, on baseless accusations, in an attempt to ruin his name, his reputation, and his family.

by another woman that couldn't seem to remember.

He was a judge on the DC circuit court, and this was a job confirmation and he could not hold it together and he lied under oath, pouted and blamed the Democrats

and this was a job confirmation

Strangest 'job confirmation' I've ever seen

Well we can't help it is he was accused of attempted rape in HS , he had to be questioned and he lied under oath, what did Clinton get for lying under oath?

Prayer

Thank you , and I guess not if you live in a theocracy.

Penelope, there is no sense trying to talk to this crew. They haven't got a Christian idea between them. Hateful judgment and condemnation masked as "religion" when it's actually nothing but politics is all they've got.

Sorry, OL

y'all are making it 'political', by claiming the pastor prayed TO Trump, not FOR him.

By whining about prayer meetings in the presence of the President when a Republican is in office, and ignoring the same thing when a Democrat is in office.
Who made it political?

“I need it probably more than anybody in this room,” the president quipped. The pastor then went on one knee and prayed that the president be blessed with “supernatural wisdom.”

When the reverential moment was over, Trump rather abruptly looked at Norine Brunson and asked her whom she had voted for in the presidential election — before admitting that he already knew she had voted for him.

Pastor Andrew Brunson kneels in prayer in Oval Office after being freed from Turkish jail

he pastor then went on one knee and prayed that the president be blessed with “supernatural wisdom.”

the people that heard the above, and claimed the parson was praying TO Trump.

Then again I believe in the Separation of Church and State

Does not apply here.

It sure does.
Prayer

I didn’t have a problem with Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II or Obama praying in the White House, I had no problem with all of the, meeting Billy Graham or other religious leaders at the White House and I don’t see an issue with Trump doing so. Not sure what your issue is other than it’s Trump.

It's just TDS running wild through her mind.

No its not TDS, but Trump sure puts on a show!!

I am a big believer in the Separation of Church and State.

If you think the Church is controlling the US government, you have really big issues with reality.

No but Politics have invaded the Church, never have I ever heard politics in the RCC, but in Evangelical and in most Protestants churches its rampant. Then again in the RCC we have a 10-15 min sermon, not hours of it.

Brunson was laying his hand on Trump and praying to God, that's scriptural. You obviously haven't spent any time in a Christian Church. When Christians pray for others they put their hand on them some times. What an idiotic ignorant post.
No, I'm a Yankee. We do not touch each other or jump up and holler "Amen Jesus!" during the sermon, either. But it is still a "Christian" church. You should get another name for yours.

You do not understand the Scriptures if all you do is look for things that upset you.

Ephesians 6:18. You're reciting the law. That time is gone and has been fulfilled. Jesus had two....love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second....thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

To think Trump more crooked than Crooked Hillary, is to not think.

Why do you believe the D Party? You would never believe the R party.
Hillary survived 11 straight hours of investigation calm cool and collected The pos Kavanaugh cried and whimpered like a baby Hill showed her taxes Trump who probably paid very little if any, was afraid to do the same. Trump is making billions on the back of his Presidency and collusion with the Russians is just around the corner,,,and obstruction will bite him in his fat ass

Hillary survived 11 straight hours of investigation calm cool and collected

and set a new record for, 'I don't recall/I don't remember'

The pos Kavanaugh cried and whimpered like a baby

because he was being attacked, on baseless accusations, in an attempt to ruin his name, his reputation, and his family.

by another woman that couldn't seem to remember.

He was a judge on the DC circuit court, and this was a job confirmation and he could not hold it together and he lied under oath, pouted and blamed the Democrats

and this was a job confirmation

Strangest 'job confirmation' I've ever seen

Well we can't help it is he was accused of attempted rape in HS , he had to be questioned and he lied under oath, what did Clinton get for lying under oath?

Well we can't help it is he was accused of attempted rape in HS

No

he wasn't 'accused' until Ford wrote her letter this last summer.

If he had been accused in HS, there would be a record of it in the local police files.

Here's the prayer.

Lord God, I ask that you pour out your Holy Spirit on President Trump, that you give him supernatural wisdom to accomplish all of the plans you have for this country and for him. I ask that you give him wisdom in how to lead this country into righteousness. I ask that you give him perseverance and endurance and courage to stand for truth. I ask that you protect him: from slander, from enemies, from those who would undermine. I ask that you make him a great blessing to this country. Fill him with your wisdom and strength and perseverance. And we bless him. May he be a great blessing to our country. In Jesus’ name, we bless you. Amen.

Prayer

Again, no one is forcing you to do anything. Saying a prayer in public IS NOT forcing you to do anything. Please point us to the new law where the state has established a new religion.

Prayer

Since when has America had priests in charge of running the government?
That is a theocracy.
We have never been a theocracy, but we are a Christian nation.

Prayer

It's separation of religion, not separation from religion.

People of faith? I wonder if this man prayed for Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and his guards?

He may well have.

If you really think Jesus did not command us to pray, you really don't know Scripture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back