Matthew 6, What a nightmare on national TV yesterday!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Jesus would not approve. All of you holy rollers do not even know what is in the scriptures.

I agree, the showmanship would not be agreeable to Jesus, he would not turn down the invitation however it would have been quiet and dignified.
You also don't know Scripture. Who made a whip and beat the money changers, destroyed the temple, and ran everyone out? Who yelled "Lazarus, Come forth".

The money changers was righteous indignation for the money changers fleecing the Jews of their money inside the temple.

Lazarus was a demonstration of his Father’s power it wasn’t done for political purposes.
The point is praying out loud is perfectly scriptural. Your opinion of what is political doesn't matter.

Neither does yours.
I gave you Scripture, not my opinion.

I guess you pray in UAE.
Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nayhan | The Back Channel

and
A Moment of Silence to Mark the One-Year Anniversary of the Boston Marathon Bombing

Really now it does not even compare to the nightmare on TV yesterday.

Do you see anyone blathering, NO.

And another in a mosque, you are getting hard up hey?

also please link where you get your pictures from.

Link where he got the pictures? What do you think, he photoshopped BO praying just to make you look like a dumb snatch?

Jesus cried out with a loud voice to His Father from the cross, Matthew 27 and Luke 23. You people need to read your bible.

Abba , why have you forsaken me. or My God, My God, why have you forsaken me.
You missed the point. Jesus cried out with a loud voice. Some of you people think we all have to be quiet and pray without being seen. You have a dead religion, when you should have Life. Jesus said I came to give you Life. He never said He came to give us religion.

Democrats gets more reprehensible and disgusting day by day.

I knew that Democrats were going to pillory this pastor. How dare he praise the president. How dare he give him another success virtually on the back of the Kavanaugh success.

Democrats. It's what losers do.

I agree, the showmanship would not be agreeable to Jesus, he would not turn down the invitation however it would have been quiet and dignified.
You also don't know Scripture. Who made a whip and beat the money changers, destroyed the temple, and ran everyone out? Who yelled "Lazarus, Come forth".

The money changers was righteous indignation for the money changers fleecing the Jews of their money inside the temple.

Lazarus was a demonstration of his Father’s power it wasn’t done for political purposes.
The point is praying out loud is perfectly scriptural. Your opinion of what is political doesn't matter.

Neither does yours.
I gave you Scripture, not my opinion.

You didn’t quote anything, you gave me your interpretation of what you believe it says. You gave no actual scripture. Just as I gave you my interpretation of scripture.

Jesus cried out with a loud voice to His Father from the cross, Matthew 27 and Luke 23. You people need to read your bible.

One says he is not god, and has a Father, and the other says he has a God.

So which is it??
It's the opening line to Psalm 22

Prayer
5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the
street corners to be seen by others.
Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a unacceptable spectacle and a disgrace to show a man praying for the Potus on national TV.

Then again I believe in the Separation of Church and State, I do not want a theocratic government where only the leaders can screw whoever they want and lead a life of crime, like Saudi Arabia.
I can not imagine being so unhinged that something so mundane would trigger me like this has you.

I pity you.

Prayer
5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the
Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

It was a unacceptable spectacle and a disgrace to show a man praying for the Potus on national TV.

Then again I believe in the Separation of Church and State, I do not want a theocratic government where only the leaders can screw whoever they want and lead a life of crime, like Saudi Arabia.
------------------------------------- a public and Christian Prayer was said on tv and came from the WhiteHouse , was it yesterday ?? Anyway , its no big deal and you may see more of those Christian Prayers in the remaining 6 years of TRUMP and then the 8 years of Pence and the USA will still be run on a SECULAR Basis Gents and Ladies .

Last edited:
Prayer

Here's your separation of church and state

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

What part of or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. dont you understand?

furthermore, simply praying in the white house or government function is in NO WAY and act of MAKING A LAW as referenced in the first part of that quote by Jefferson.

I know that might be extremely inconvenient but it's just the way it is.

Prayer

1 Timothy 2:8 clarifies this for you.

"I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting"

Brunson was laying his hand on Trump and praying to God, that's scriptural. You obviously haven't spent any time in a Christian Church. When Christians pray for others they put their hand on them some times. What an idiotic ignorant post.
No, I'm a Yankee. We do not touch each other or jump up and holler "Amen Jesus!" during the sermon, either. But it is still a "Christian" church. You should get another name for yours.
You may be a Yankee, but you're not a Christian and you're ignorant of the Scriptures and Christianity.

Proud to be a Yankee and I know the blble and the scriptures. I also know the Freedom of Religion of the Constitution and that does not mean only the different sects of Christianity.

You do not understand the Scriptures if all you do is look for things that upset you.

I know there is no command to pray.
The 10 Commandments List, Short Form*
  1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
  2. You shall not make idols.
  3. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
  4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
(But Jesus is the Christian good and he does not command it either)
Thou shall not lie

You missed the point. Jesus cried out with a loud voice. Some of you people think we all have to be quiet and pray without being seen. You have a dead religion, when you should have Life. Jesus said I came to give you Life. He never said He came to give us religion.

Course he cried out, he was gasping for his last breath, according to the scriptures. Pray in church , oh that's right very few Protestant and mega churches pray , do they?

I understand now why you need to pray in open.

No, I'm a Yankee. We do not touch each other or jump up and holler "Amen Jesus!" during the sermon, either. But it is still a "Christian" church. You should get another name for yours.
You may be a Yankee, but you're not a Christian and you're ignorant of the Scriptures and Christianity.

Proud to be a Yankee and I know the blble and the scriptures. I also know the Freedom of Religion of the Constitution and that does not mean only the different sects of Christianity.

You do not understand the Scriptures if all you do is look for things that upset you.

I know there is no command to pray.
The 10 Commandments List, Short Form*
  1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
  2. You shall not make idols.
  3. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
  4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
(But Jesus is the Christian good and he does not command it either)

Ephesians 6:18. You're reciting the law. That time is gone and has been fulfilled. Jesus had two....love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second....thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
The left? :auiqs.jpg:

Then again I believe in the Separation of Church and State

Does not apply here.

It sure does.
I didn’t have a problem with Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II or Obama praying in the White House, I had no problem with all of the, meeting Billy Graham or other religious leaders at the White House and I don’t see an issue with Trump doing so. Not sure what your issue is other than it’s Trump.

It's just TDS running wild through her mind.

No its not TDS, but Trump sure puts on a show!!

I am a big believer in the Separation of Church and State.

If you think the Church is controlling the US government, you have really big issues with reality.

No but Politics have invaded the Church, never have I ever heard politics in the RCC, but in Evangelical and in most Protestants churches its rampant. Then again in the RCC we have a 10-15 min sermon, not hours of it.
Who is your God?
So these people want you and I to believe they never pray. They are right now that there’s a blue wave. And praying conservatives stay home . Who are they praying to? Drop mic

I have no issue with it and didn't have a problem when Obama, Bush Jr., Clinton, etc. did it either. And this has nothing to do with separation of church and state.

A nothingburger as usual.
Prayer

I didn’t have a problem with Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II or Obama praying in the White House, I had no problem with all of the, meeting Billy Graham or other religious leaders at the White House and I don’t see an issue with Trump doing so. Not sure what your issue is other than it’s Trump.

You mean the Prayer Breakfast, another evangelical thing.

Seriously? You just think it was Prayer Breakfast? Obama was the only Sitting President to go to Billy Graham’s home where they prayed together. Check into history, religious leaders and the Presidents have interacted many times and the Presidents sought advice from them often.
Any president that doesn’t pray for his actions to be useful to the country is an idiot. Even obammy reverend Wright to take out white people!

Prayer

1 Timothy 2:8 clarifies this for you.

"I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting"

Desire is not a command. Pauls instructions to Timothy. I wonder if Timothy followed them.

Does not apply here.

It sure does.

If you think the Church is controlling the US government, you have really big issues with reality.

No but Politics have invaded the Church, never have I ever heard politics in the RCC, but in Evangelical and in most Protestants churches its rampant. Then again in the RCC we have a 10-15 min sermon, not hours of it.
Who is your God?

The GOD of the RCC is a trinity, Father, Son and Holy Ghost. You know the Holy Ghost that rapes all the women, and men have to be worried about. Not only did he impregnate the Virgin Mary, but the innocent men who assaulted the many women in the US are non existent. I only have to submit that all these fake accusations were done by the Holy Ghost.

Does not apply here.

It sure does.

Who is your God?

The GOD of the RCC is a trinity, Father, Son and Holy Ghost. You know the Holy Ghost that rapes all the women, and men have to be worried about. Not only did he impregnate the Virgin Mary, but the innocent men who assaulted the many women in the US are non existent. I only have to submit that all these fake accusations were done by the Holy Ghost.

The depth of your psychosis is incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back