Matthew 6, What a nightmare on national TV yesterday!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this pastor and his wife did pray for Trump, that he would help them. Now we will have to hear how God heard their prayers. And when people pray hard for a reason and it doesn't happen, then we have to hear "It wasn't meant to be".

You seem to pay a lot of attention to what people of faith have to say.

I put more on their actions and if their actions line up with what they say.

Then you complain about their actions. This pastor put action to his words and you became incensed.

I'm sure this pastor and his wife did pray for Trump, that he would help them. Now we will have to hear how God heard their prayers. And when people pray hard for a reason and it doesn't happen, then we have to hear "It wasn't meant to be".

You seem to pay a lot of attention to what people of faith have to say.

I put more on their actions and if their actions line up with what they say.
I gave you Scripture. Scripture is God's Word, regardless of who says it. You obviously don't understand all Scripture is God breathed. People like you do great damage to the Christian Church. You're most likely influenced by demons.

Then again I believe in the Separation of Church and State

Does not apply here.

It sure does.
Prayer
5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the
street corners to be seen by others.
Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a unacceptable spectacle and a disgrace to show a man praying for the Potus on national TV.

Then again I believe in the Separation of Church and State, I do not want a theocratic government where only the leaders can screw whoever they want and lead a life of crime, like Saudi Arabia.

I didn’t have a problem with Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II or Obama praying in the White House, I had no problem with all of the, meeting Billy Graham or other religious leaders at the White House and I don’t see an issue with Trump doing so. Not sure what your issue is other than it’s Trump.

It's just TDS running wild through her mind.

No its not TDS, but Trump sure puts on a show!!

I am a big believer in the Separation of Church and State.

If you think the Church is controlling the US government, you have really big issues with reality.

No but Politics have invaded the Church, never have I ever heard politics in the RCC, but in Evangelical and in most Protestants churches its rampant. Then again in the RCC we have a 10-15 min sermon, not hours of it.
Who is your God?

Prayer
5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the
Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

It was a unacceptable spectacle and a disgrace to show a man praying for the Potus on national TV.

Then again I believe in the Separation of Church and State, I do not want a theocratic government where only the leaders can screw whoever they want and lead a life of crime, like Saudi Arabia.

Good lord, what an ugly little harpy you are.

Brunson was laying his hand on Trump and praying to God, that's scriptural. You obviously haven't spent any time in a Christian Church. When Christians pray for others they put their hand on them some times. What an idiotic ignorant post.
No, I'm a Yankee. We do not touch each other or jump up and holler "Amen Jesus!" during the sermon, either. But it is still a "Christian" church. You should get another name for yours.
You may be a Yankee, but you're not a Christian and you're ignorant of the Scriptures and Christianity.

Proud to be a Yankee and I know the blble and the scriptures. I also know the Freedom of Religion of the Constitution and that does not mean only the different sects of Christianity.

You do not understand the Scriptures if all you do is look for things that upset you.

I know there is no command to pray.
The 10 Commandments List, Short Form*
  1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
  2. You shall not make idols.
  3. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
  4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
(But Jesus is the Christian good and he does not command it either)
What is remember the Sabbath day but a command to pray?

Prayer

It's separation of religion, not separation from religion.

It can be

Prayer

It can be

How?

Prayer

It can be

Only in the mind of a died in the progressive who chooses not to believe the original text, the context of the times that brought it forth and the Federalist papers that explain it.

I have no issue with it and didn't have a problem when Obama, Bush Jr., Clinton, etc. did it either. And this has nothing to do with separation of church and state.

A nothingburger as usual.
Prayer

I didn’t have a problem with Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II or Obama praying in the White House, I had no problem with all of the, meeting Billy Graham or other religious leaders at the White House and I don’t see an issue with Trump doing so. Not sure what your issue is other than it’s Trump.

You mean the Prayer Breakfast, another evangelical thing.

Seriously? You just think it was Prayer Breakfast? Obama was the only Sitting President to go to Billy Graham’s home where they prayed together. Check into history, religious leaders and the Presidents have interacted many times and the Presidents sought advice from them often.

Prayer

It was a beautiful moment and that it upsets you makes it all the better

I'm sure Jesus would not approve. All of you holy rollers do not even know what is in the scriptures.

I agree, the showmanship would not be agreeable to Jesus, he would not turn down the invitation however it would have been quiet and dignified.

Prayer

I'm sure Jesus would not approve. All of you holy rollers do not even know what is in the scriptures.

I agree, the showmanship would not be agreeable to Jesus, he would not turn down the invitation however it would have been quiet and dignified.
You also don't know Scripture. Who made a whip and beat the money changers, destroyed the temple, and ran everyone out? Who yelled "Lazarus, Come forth".

Then again I believe in the Separation of Church and State

Does not apply here.

It sure does.
Prayer

It's just TDS running wild through her mind.

No its not TDS, but Trump sure puts on a show!!

I am a big believer in the Separation of Church and State.

If you think the Church is controlling the US government, you have really big issues with reality.

No but Politics have invaded the Church, never have I ever heard politics in the RCC, but in Evangelical and in most Protestants churches its rampant. Then again in the RCC we have a 10-15 min sermon, not hours of it.

What is the RCC? Roman Catholic Church? :dunno:

Prayer

You also don't know Scripture. Who made a whip and beat the money changers, destroyed the temple, and ran everyone out? Who yelled "Lazarus, Come forth".

The money changers was righteous indignation for the money changers fleecing the Jews of their money inside the temple.

Lazarus was a demonstration of his Father’s power it wasn’t done for political purposes.

Jesus cried out with a loud voice to His Father from the cross, Matthew 27 and Luke 23. You people need to read your bible.

Prayer

The money changers was righteous indignation for the money changers fleecing the Jews of their money inside the temple.

Lazarus was a demonstration of his Father’s power it wasn’t done for political purposes.
The point is praying out loud is perfectly scriptural. Your opinion of what is political doesn't matter.

The point is praying out loud is perfectly scriptural. Your opinion of what is political doesn't matter.

Neither does yours.

Jesus cried out with a loud voice to His Father from the cross, Matthew 27 and Luke 23. You people need to read your bible.

Abba , why have you forsaken me. or My God, My God, why have you forsaken me.

One says he is not god, and has a Father, and the other says he has a God.

So which is it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back