Mattis Resigns

Do your research, the midget was a neocon, PNAC Swamp Rat who Trump should have never appointed.

How can you drain the Swamp with BUSH/HUSSAINE holdovers?

Good riddance to that psycho!

Why is a neocon turd like Mattis quitting like a douchebag "turning something to shit?" The only drawback is The Donald did not say, "YOU'RE FIRED!" to that midget with medals for obeying the PNAC agenda.

That is strange, I replied to a Lakhota comment and then his comment was moved to after my response! :p Did Lakhota delete his comment? And then repeat after I pwnd him! We want answers!

Was Mattis pushed or did he jump? Both. Since Trump ignored Mattis' military advice and expertise - he effectively fired Mattis. As widely reported, this has been brewing for months.

Trump did not want Mattis to go. Mattis did not want to implement a policy with which he disagreed, and chose to resign. What has been "brewing" is Mattis's increasing disagreement, not Trump's discontent. I, for one, am not aware of a single disrespectful phrase about Mattis, say, comparable to Trump's treatment of Sessions. There wasn't even the usual "don't let the door hit you on your way out" tweet the day after.

Mattis resigned. Effectively. There is no other realistic reading of that incident. Really, I don't know how you arrive at your conclusion. If you find your advice ignored, you resign. That's not a firing, effective or otherwise.

Also, liberals, or so I thought, were fully in support of President Obama pulling troops out of Iraq in 2011. I fully support Trump (for the first time) pulling troops out of Syria. These troops are not wanted there, they were not invited, they pose a danger in the form of sparking a direct confrontation with Iran and Russia, and their training missions were costly, colossal failures. Since a few thousand troops won't change the outcome of that conflict in any significant way, and Trump had already decided to sell the Kurds down the river months ago, there patently is no point in these troops remaining where they currently are. But, it seems, liberals have now chosen to trot behind the neo-cons and their aim to dominate the Middle East - deploying a few thousand troops here and a few thousand there. That's the worst of all worlds: No real influence, and a steady recruitment for the other side in the form of outrage over the presence of crusaders on Arab / Muslim soil.

Amazing.

I don't see the story on CNN.com.

Axios is saying that Mattis will retire at the end of February.

Defense Secretary James Mattis to retire in February
Is that what they call it these days? Retiring?

Wow, Trump is going to have to get someone else.

Perhaps Vladimir has a few suggestions for US Sec. of Defense?

He'd probably suggest Hillary
Nah, Hillary would be too tough. Putin likes his poodles. Dan Rohrabacher would be his choice. Second only to the Donald himself.

Nah, Hillary would be too tough. Putin like his poodles. Dan Rohrabacher would be his choice. Second only to the Donald himself.

Nah, Hillary would be too tough.

:21::21::21::21:

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Nah, Hillary would be too tough. Putin like his poodles. Dan Rohrabacher would be his choice. Second only to the Donald himself.

Yes, I expect nothing less from a Trumpist Putin lover.

Just reported on CNN...

CNN's Barbara Starr is currently reading his resignation letter. No matter how they spin it, Mattis was forced out - same as fired. Scary...

Washington (CNN) -- Defense Secretary Jim Mattis will step down from his position early next year, President Donald Trump announced Thursday evening.

Trump announced Mattis' exit a day after his plans to withdraw troops from Syria became public, a decision that Mattis and the President's other top national security advisers opposed.

It was not immediately clear whether Mattis was ousted or whether he decided to retire, but his relationship with the President has frayed in recent months.

Trump announces Mattis leaving in February
You changed the title of your post. Anyway its not easy to "push" out someone like Mad Dog he's a hoorah, Chesty Puller type, Jarhead. If he says he resigned and going to retire that's what happened.

Just reported on CNN...

CNN's Barbara Starr is currently reading his resignation letter. No matter how they spin it, Mattis was forced out - same as fired. Scary...

Washington (CNN) -- Defense Secretary Jim Mattis will step down from his position early next year, President Donald Trump announced Thursday evening.

Trump announced Mattis' exit a day after his plans to withdraw troops from Syria became public, a decision that Mattis and the President's other top national security advisers opposed.

It was not immediately clear whether Mattis was ousted or whether he decided to retire, but his relationship with the President has frayed in recent months.

You changed the title of your post. Anyway its not easy to "push" out someone like Mad Dog he's a hoorah, Chesty Puller type, Jarhead. If he says he resigned and going to retire that's what happened.

Nope, I didn't change the thread title. Some mod did. Mattis was FIRED.

The only Trumpists I ever liked, was Doc Severson, and Herb Alpert.

Never cared for Putin at all.

The only Trumpists I ever liked, was Doc Severson, and Herb Alpert.

Never cared for Putin at all.
I agree with Herb Albert.

Mattis has held the job for two years which is about how long any of them stay.

He's already retired so now he will retire from the SecDef position.

I'm sure he will enjoy his retirement.

What a shame, possibly the most respected and competent Senior Official in the Administration leaving because he feels his advice is not being heeded.

Just another indication of how increasingly isolated this Presidency is becoming, reminds me of Nixon and his ever shrinking inner circle and disconnection with reality during the early 70's.

Trump and his base will spin the hell out of this - but Mattis was forced out. FIRED.
We report, you decide. But it sounds to me like he QUIT.
Du5NaXjV4AA5Ijy.jpg
Did you bother reading it?

I believe we must be resolute and unambiguous in our approach to those countries whose strategic interests are increasingly in tension with ours. It is clear that China and Russia, for example, want to shape a world consistent with their authoritarian model — gaining veto authority over other nations' economic, diplomatic, and security decisions — to promote their own interests at the expense of their neighbors, America and our allies. That is why we must use all the tools of American power to provide for the common defense.

My views on treating allies with respect and also being clear-eyed about both malign actors and strategic competitors are strongly held and informed by over four decades of immersion in these issues. We must do everything possible to advance an international order that is most conducive to our security, prosperity and values, and we are strengthened in this effort by the solidarity of our alliances.

Because
you have the right to have a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects, I believe it is right for me to step down from my position. The end date for my tenure is February 28, 2019, a date that should allow sufficient time for a successor to be nominated and confirmed as well as to make sure the Department's interests are properly articulated and protected at upcoming events to include Congressional posture hearings and the NATO Defense Ministerial meeting in February. Further, that a full transition to a new Secretary of Defense occurs well in advance of the transition of Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in September in order to ensure stability within the Department.

----------

He is being told to leave. This isn't quit, this is "pushed out". Being told your views are NOT my views.

And he's letting the country know Trump is a danger to this country.

he is saying:

solidarity of our alliances

And Trump is tearing those alliances apart.

The rebuke couldn't have been more forceful.
I agree with you that the rebuke was forceful and if you ask me, right on point.
I see nothing that would indicate Trump pushed him out. Trump is Trump, and he thinks what he thinks. Mattis finally had enough.

Just reported on CNN...

Nope, I didn't change the thread title. Some mod did. Mattis was FIRED.

You can prove this?

Mattis made it clear

He can’t stand Trumps military strategy
Is that what MSNBC told you?
C'mon, Bush. It's in his letter, plain English. Read it.
NATO is a realic of the Cold War. Way past time to terminate it. Why should the US provide for Europe’s defense? Secondly, Russia and China are not our enemies.

Mattis disagrees with these statements. I hope Trump doesn’t but with him, anything is possible.

Mattis has yet to learn that war is always about the State.

Forum List

Back