McCain Camp Wants to Postpone VP Debate

What job does McCain have to do? There's nothing being voted on. No bill is on the floor.

McCain is not a member of any financial committee, so what job exactly does he need to be there doing?

Why honeycakes, it was just yesterday that old Harry Reid, Senate Majority Leader, Harry Wormy Reid said "McCain is crucial to the passage of this bill"

you gonna argue with Harry Wormy Reid?

As I said earlier Paul, He does not have much to do other than floor debates, thats if the bill comes to the floor. However, if it appears to people that he is there working on the issue in whatever way he can, it has the appearence of being proactive. As one of John McCains constituents I can tell you from my standpoint as someone who is going to have eat it in the tax department like everyone else in this country I would rather have him in Washington in ANY capacity , rather than doing photo-ops at joes coffee house in Anywhere,USA or talking about what bad guys Iran is in Mississippi on TV. Thats talking though as someone who is represented by John McCain.

This issue in Washington right now is serious business. There's no room there for a guy like McCain to be getting in the way of the ones who actually address financial matters.

He's running for president. He's SUPPOSED to be doing photo-ops at Joe's Coffee House. He's SUPPOSED to be at the debates.

If this were a military matter, than he as ranking member of the Armed Services Committee, would be well served at any proceeding.

But it's not. It's a financial matter. He does not belong there in a time like this.

Your Quote

"It appears at least on the surface that Obama is putting his presidential ambitions before the needs of his country."

Navy this is one of the few times I totally disagree with you. Dont spin this on Obama, Mccain and all his experience should allow himself to handle this matter and be at the debate. This is a cop out and there could be several reasons for it but there is something fishy going on here and it has nothing to do with Obama.

I am speaking for totally selfish reasons on this , jschuck lol hell I'm from Arizona, and he is my Senator and your damn right , if I am going to have to EAT the taxes on this 700 +++++++++++ billion dollar crap sandwich, then I want the Senator that represents me in Washington. I do see though from one standpoint though like I mentioned above, if it turns out he goes there and doesn't do a damn thing then this election is pretty much over.

Why honeycakes, it was just yesterday that old Harry Reid, Senate Majority Leader, Harry Wormy Reid said "McCain is crucial to the passage of this bill"

Well babydoll, there is nothing being voted on. Until there is, McCain is "crucial" to NOTHING.

Let me know when that finally seeps in.

First off ... Harry Reid is a huge asshat. That is irrelevant though.

My question to you is: Got a link to that quote?

Because this is what I found ....

In Washington, Senate majority leader Harry Reid also criticized the idea of candidates trying to move the process forward. “It would not be helpful at this time to have them come back during these negotiations and risk injecting presidential politics into this process,” he said in a statement Wednesday. “We need leadership; not a campaign photo op.”

In risky move, McCain calls for debate delay | csmonitor.com

I pose to this question, if McCain isn't doing this for purely PR then why now?

Why did he wait until less then two days before the debate?

Why not the same day he fucked up and said the Economy is Fundamentally strong?

Why not the day this started?

If he cared as much as he is acting now, wouldn't of been there long ago?

Another point that's been brought up, how is McCain even going to do anything really? He has no business in washington for this as he is not on any Financial Committee

This issue in Washington right now is serious business. There's no room there for a guy like McCain to be getting in the way of the ones who actually address financial matters.

He's running for president. He's SUPPOSED to be doing photo-ops at Joe's Coffee House. He's SUPPOSED to be at the debates.

If this were a military matter, than he as ranking member of the Armed Services Committee, would be well served at any proceeding.

But it's not. It's a financial matter. He does not belong there in a time like this.

You know something Paul, I know what he's running for, but I also know he is one of the two Senators from my State. I know what committee's he is on as well. I also know he is a Senior member of the US Senate, and can and does have the ability to work behind closed doors on matters that his caucus deems necessary. So to just dismiss matters of finance as out of his realm because he does not sit on the committes does not mean too much because John McCain as one of he Senior members of the republican caucus in the Seante can have access to any of those preceedings. Your correct , that he does not sit on the committee, but that does not mean he cannot sit down with the Treasury Secretary , or Fed. Chariman. As I told jschuck, I have a selfish reason for my feelings on this, I honestly don't give a tinkers damn if McCain shows up to the debate or not when I and my kids are faced with this giant boondogle. I want my Senator there even if he is standing outside the door selling programs.

If this has been mentioned ..... my bad. Opps! :eusa_shifty:

McCain's running mate, Sarah Palin, was canceling her limited campaign events. Palin said in an interview with CBS Evening News Wednesday that the country could be headed for another Great Depression if Congress doesn't reach a solution.

Obama rejects McCain's call to delay debate - Yahoo! News

Why would she cancel campaign events :confused: Is she needed in DC, to hold McCain's hand? :eusa_eh:

You know something Paul, I know what he's running for, but I also know he is one of the two Senators from my State. I know what committee's he is on as well. I also know he is a Senior member of the US Senate, and can and does have the ability to work behind closed doors on matters that his caucus deems necessary. So to just dismiss matters of finance as out of his realm because he does not sit on the committes does not mean too much because John McCain as one of he Senior members of the republican caucus in the Seante can have access to any of those preceedings. Your correct , that he does not sit on the committee, but that does not mean he cannot sit down with the Treasury Secretary , or Fed. Chariman. As I told jschuck, I have a selfish reason for my feelings on this, I honestly don't give a tinkers damn if McCain shows up to the debate or not when I and my kids are faced with this giant boondogle. I want my Senator there even if he is standing outside the door selling programs.

Even if your senator is wanting TO VOTE for the bailout you oppose?

McCain being there would be more bad then good for this situation.

Perhaps Johnny Mac can ask for interest rates to be Zero?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4czb_JFAXtk&feature=related[/ame]

:)lol: not even a Liberal video either)

Last edited:
No shit. But the national average has him up by only 3.7. The electorate remains unchanged, except Wisconsin and Minnesota are now battleground states.

Obama and McCain BOTH support the bailout, with reservations. But Obama doesn't have the balls to actually cast a vote for something this major. He'd rather not vote so he can maintain his "no vote, deny everything" stance on every major event in his career.

so are FL and VA fucktard :cuckoo: and McCain lead in those states is about 2% smaller than Obamas in MN and WI...

keep telling yourself that either one of those states will tip towards McCain... :lol:

Everyone sees this as the political ploy that it is...

I can't wait to watch the nightly news shows... :eusa_clap:

Everyone needs to calm down about the polling numbers. (tho I know that's your "crack" Silence LOL)

What happens in the next few weeks will be telling for BOTH Obama and McCain. Let's wait and see.

(I asked on another thread what we (Americans) can do about this 700B mess. Anyone have any ideas? )

Even if your senator is wanting TO VOTE for the bailout you oppose?

McCain being there would be more bad then good for this situation.

Perhaps Johnny Mac can ask for interest rates to be Zero?

YouTube - Mccain is Dumb. He does not understand economics 101 !

:)lol: not even a Liberal video either)

Robert you know and I know, there is no way in hell if this goes through, we ALL are not going to have to pay for it. I said the other day. and I am putting it in bold so there is no mistake. If John McCain votes to approve this bailout, I WILL NOT VOTE FOR HIM. . I want him there, to put a stop to this, if he can't then do something thats going to help, the real housing situation and i.e. the massive amount of inventory thats out there and sitting on the banks books. As for the interest rates, you think 0% for the next 1000 years is good? lol j/k

Doncha think it's funny that none of these asswipes were bitching when McCain suspended his campaign for Gustav?:lol:

he did with iraq

and he wasn't wrong, now was he? and why are you changing the subject? oh yeah, that's right.. when confronted with the FACTS you stupid fucks always change the subject. It's pretty pathetic.

McCain knows he's stepped in the shit this week and last.... he's terrified to get in front of that audience and debate Obama.

and Willow, yes, I've made up my mind and I assume you have too... because of that, let's just call the rest of the campaign off and go vote.. I mean, fuck, it's not like there aren't millions of people who are still undecided or anything.... you are an idiot :cuckoo:

How many McCain supporters were saying "oh wait til the debates when Obama is without his telepromoter" Guess you are so confident now...

Forum List

Back