McConnell Cannot Block Witnesses - Just Announced

Nothing Bolton might say will convince 20 Republican senators to vote for conviction.

Oh, I agree to that one. But what it might do is to convince those 20 to go for censure and I am sure that the Dems will go for that for the Win.
No, all it will do is give the Democrats a venue for attacking the President without accomplishing anything for the American people. It would also prevent Warren and Sanders from campinging, pretty much giving Biden a free ride to the nomination.

You obviosly have last weeks score card. Things sure do change fast these days. I suggest that the Senate Republicans settle for Censure to save their own careers.

When Acquittal is in the bag, why settle for Censure?

It's been a foregone conclusion all along but how they arrive at the destination is the question. As of the last couple of days, the strutting peacock of the "He's Innocent" have all been tamped down. All of a sudden the one article of Impeachment becomes front and center stage. It can no longer be swept under the rug. While the Senate still may vote to not remove Rump from office, they can NEVER vote to exonerate. That ship has sailed. I still believe that the savior to many of the Republican's Careers in the swing states is to go for Censure openly even if they don't get it. At least they will have posted the effort or appeared to. I don't believe the Senate Hearing will last longer than a week but the outcome isn't written in stone like it once was.

The Senate will vote to exonerate him completely.

Oh, I agree to that one. But what it might do is to convince those 20 to go for censure and I am sure that the Dems will go for that for the Win.
No, all it will do is give the Democrats a venue for attacking the President without accomplishing anything for the American people. It would also prevent Warren and Sanders from campinging, pretty much giving Biden a free ride to the nomination.

You obviosly have last weeks score card. Things sure do change fast these days. I suggest that the Senate Republicans settle for Censure to save their own careers.

It's been a foregone conclusion all along but how they arrive at the destination is the question. As of the last couple of days, the strutting peacock of the "He's Innocent" have all been tamped down. All of a sudden the one article of Impeachment becomes front and center stage. It can no longer be swept under the rug. While the Senate still may vote to not remove Rump from office, they can NEVER vote to exonerate. That ship has sailed. I still believe that the savior to many of the Republican's Careers in the swing states is to go for Censure openly even if they don't get it. At least they will have posted the effort or appeared to. I don't believe the Senate Hearing will last longer than a week but the outcome isn't written in stone like it once was.

There is a huge difference between not having the votes to remove from office and exoneration. The Exoneration boat already sailed. Now, the best Rump can hope for is to not be removed from office. Exoneration is when you are totally innocent of all charges. He's guilty of one count of the impeachment charge. So is it enough to remove him from office? Probably not. But total exoneration already stopped being a solution. Yah, I know, he's going to announce that he was totally exonerated and you Rumpsters are going to scream that from the high heavens but no. He's never going to be exonerated. He's tainted meat. 51% of the population believe that he should be removed from office. That's just not a high enough number to affect the outcome of not removing him from office. And if they end up getting Bolton in from of the Senate, that number will change on way or another. If he testifies any different than his book, he's going to see some jail time. And there is enough that's been leaked so that he's going to have to testify that he has first hand knowledge. Even if he doesn't testify, there is enough out there that means, according to the general public, Rump will NEVER get exonerated. He's guilty. I suggest the Republican Party start to talk Rump into announcing that he isn't running so they can get one of the 4 really qualified candidates they have that are willing to run and serve up and running. Otherwise, the Dems are going to win with the weak candidates they are going to present.

So put a cork in it. Rump is Cooked Roast Rump.

upload_2020-1-29_0-8-12.jpeg

And after the 3 states waiting for him are through

upload_2020-1-29_0-9-9.jpeg

McConnell says he doesn't have the votes.

Three Democrat presidential candidates may be neutered. :10:
Nothing Bolton might say will convince 20 Republican senators to vote for conviction.

That would be a piss poor bit of advice...for republicans anyhow. The Republican base is much more loyal to Trump than to any Senator...in fact any Senator you may care to mention us probably viewed somewhat suspicious already for a Trump voters. And in this party trump voters are all that matter.

So you will slink away with nothing. Just embarrassment at total, abject failure.

Even if what they say Bolton said is true, there is still no crime and the aid arrived on time. This will be a 55-45 vote to acquit. They wont even make 50 votes to remove, never mind 67. Pelosi and Schiff gave Trump a huge gift here. They didn't even have the guts to go for treason or bribery, both charges they tossed around all the time. He would not have been removed on those either, but at least the Articles would have included an actual high crime.

The Senate can't exonerate him. The best they can do for him is to refuse to find him guilty, but everybody already knows he did it anyway.

McConnell says he doesn't have the votes.

Three Democrat presidential candidates may be neutered. :10:

That would be a piss poor bit of advice...for republicans anyhow. The Republican base is much more loyal to Trump than to any Senator...in fact any Senator you may care to mention us probably viewed somewhat suspicious already for a Trump voters. And in this party trump voters are all that matter.

So you will slink away with nothing. Just embarrassment at total, abject failure.

Rump is finished. With his passing are you willing to have the name of the Republican Party pass with him? Or are you willing to burn everything to the ground.

Even if what they say Bolton said is true, there is still no crime and the aid arrived on time. This will be a 55-45 vote to acquit. They wont even make 50 votes to remove, never mind 67. Pelosi and Schiff gave Trump a huge gift here. They didn't even have the guts to go for treason or bribery, both charges they tossed around all the time. He would not have been removed on those either, but at least the Articles would have included an actual high crime.

Where do you get 45? The minimum vote for conviction will be 47. Math is no your strong suit. And then it all depends on just how many swing state Republicans want to return to the Senate after November 2nd. I predict a vote closer to 51-49 for either conviction or no conviction. Either way, it fails. But Rump is finished. Now, the question comes up just how many swing state Republicans does he take down with him. If the Dems that run against the Senate Reps are smart, they are going to bring up the Senate Reps putting their Rump ahead of their Country and people are going to believe it.

Bolton timed his book just right to make the most sales. Both Dems and Reps are going to buy it. There is something there for everyone. And like Bolton or not like Bolton, Bolton is a true believer. That makes him either your best ally or your worst enemy. Rump never understood those people like Bolton.

If Moscow Mitch could block witnesses, did that make Trump supporters think Bolton's claims would just go away? Voters in the next election will know what Bolton says whether it is said as a witness in the senate or not.
I have a tough time believing any of this matters to voters at this point. Trump is the most polarizing President in the history of historical histories, and I suspect people's minds are made up.
No...Trump is promoted as the most polarizing President of historical histories. He's got the sarcastic heart of a Prog. And it is refreshing for a Republican. And needed in these times in which the real haters are the ones who keep piling it on and do not even realize it or were just to spoiled for decades and now do not like being on the receiving end of their vile attacks on anyone that does not agree with them. And you still have not learned a damn thing.
I've learned quite a bit. I've learned Trump was right on the money with his "Fifth Avenue" comment, since you guys prove it every day.

If Moscow Mitch could block witnesses, did that make Trump supporters think Bolton's claims would just go away? Voters in the next election will know what Bolton says whether it is said as a witness in the senate or not.
I have a tough time believing any of this matters to voters at this point. Trump is the most polarizing President in the history of historical histories, and I suspect people's minds are made up.
No...Trump is promoted as the most polarizing President of historical histories. He's got the sarcastic heart of a Prog. And it is refreshing for a Republican. And needed in these times in which the real haters are the ones who keep piling it on and do not even realize it or were just to spoiled for decades and now do not like being on the receiving end of their vile attacks on anyone that does not agree with them. And you still have not learned a damn thing.
I've learned quite a bit. I've learned Trump was right on the money with his "Fifth Avenue" comment, since you guys prove it every day.
Ok, so learning is not something you are good at, but you might have other qualities that make up for it.

The key will be independent voters. Will they hold Republicans accountable for a cover up?

Will they hold democrats accountable for a kangaroo court?
Yeah, neither party is looking very good right now. What's happening on both sides is pretty obvious.

Gosh. What a shock.

Ok, so learning is not something you are good at, but you might have other qualities that make up for it.
I think we all know that Trumpsters are extra super smart and informed and honest. All the rest of us can do is try is keep up with you when we can.

51% of America wants Rump removed from office. Up from a couple of months ago at 45%. Even if he isn't removed (most likely outcome) he's dead in the water in November. Especially with the Bolton Book being published that makes the Republicans in Congress look like a bunch of Traitors. And doesn't do Rump any favors either. Rump is Roast Rump in November. He's getting ready to feel what Hillary felt when that idjit from the FBI ran his mouth days before the election.

51% of America wants Rump removed from office. Up from a couple of months ago at 45%. Even if he isn't removed (most likely outcome) he's dead in the water in November. Especially with the Bolton Book being published that makes the Republicans in Congress look like a bunch of Traitors. And doesn't do Rump any favors either. Rump is Roast Rump in November. He's getting ready to feel what Hillary felt when that idjit from the FBI ran his mouth days before the election.
If you say so. I'm not good at predictions.

You have to admit it was just a matter of time before the Circus had to leave town. The Carnies just get too crazy if left in one spot too long. And they found the disappearing midjit. Now the Fat Lady can sit down.

You have to admit it was just a matter of time before the Circus had to leave town. The Carnies just get too crazy if left in one spot too long. And they found the disappearing midjit. Now the Fat Lady can sit down.
I think this is a last gasp, a final primal scream, but I'm just not sure how long it's going to last. This guy was/is the product of a lot of rage and frustration, and I think we all underestimated how much rage and frustration is out there. I don't know.

And given the condition and direction of the parties right now, I'm probably gonna be losing in November no matter WHAT happens.

I think this is a last gasp, a final primal scream, but I'm just not sure how long it's going to last. This guy was/is the product of a lot of rage and frustration, and I think we all underestimated how much rage and frustration is out there. I don't know.

And given the condition and direction of the parties right now, I'm probably gonna be losing in November no matter WHAT happens.

I don't know about you but we've been losing for quite some time now regardless of which party is in power. The worst thing that can happen is when on party controls all 3. Then we get to see some real "Here Hold My Beer" moves that aren't good for any country.

I don't know about you but we've been losing for quite some time now regardless of which party is in power. The worst thing that can happen is when on party controls all 3. Then we get to see some real "Here Hold My Beer" moves that aren't good for any country.
It's pretty frustrating. I agree, what I don't want is either of these whacked-out tribes to have all three branches, for sure. But then, because neither group of children is allowed to play with the other group of children, we end up in an ugly deadlock where no issues are addressed, no problems are solved, we just sit here and decay.

What I want to see is the communication, collaboration and innovation that gave us our Constitution. But we have simply lost that capacity. We can't do it. I guess it's like a muscle - use it or lose it.

Forum List

Back