Meanwhile the Taliban are retaking Afghanistan and the main stream media are...

odanny
Dumb move. We have tons of equipment over there and it should all be brought back to the US. Only an idiot would leave all that for the Taliban.

LOL. I think you had better go back and dig up the threads on this board created by the TDS crowd if you believe that.
True, but it didn't last but a week or less, because Trump created another outrage for the press to cover, then another one, then another one, then another one, then another one, then another one....

It was Trump's way of creating so much chaos, no one could cover anything in depth because another scandalous outrage was created by him and they had to move on to catch and keep up!

View attachment 524691

.... asleep. Just a token article here and there... move along nothing to see here.

If Trump was President... the media would be pounding sand and spittle in their faux outrage.
Line ups of "experts" on a panel talking about how this will breed future terrorist attacks etc. etc.
but.... it's all gooood.... Biden is President, so.... must move along.
I don't know what media you listen to (or maybe your just listening to your echo chamber TELLING you it isn't getting reported)....but I listen to NPR radio and ithere heve been stories and uodates about this almost daily for over a month.

I've been saying it for years, it was never about 'winning" it worked exactly as they had planned. The longer it lasts, the more money contractors and corporations make. My employer made a killing selling its products to the government for use in Afghanistan. So many other corporations (that don't make military hardware, like my employer) made things and sold them to the government for use in Afghanistan.

20 years of easy money is now ending, till our next invasion begins.
W never has a plan to win it. He put his money on Iraq becoming .... like Texas. It was like watching Gomer Pyle, but the idiot wasn't a savant. Despite Iraq, and somewhat ironically, our military actually managed to kill the Taliban leadership who allowed OBL to use the country. And eventually, and under Obama, our military killed the people who planned 9-11

Obama was in a way reminiscent of JFK's best and brightest, tasked by LBJ to create a plan whereby a land war in Afghan was winnable.

Biden initially looked for a way to say it was "winnable," but he flip flopped sometime in Obama's presidency ... of course it was a bit late. Our military eventually achieved sort of a stalemate.

Trump did nothing. Not a god damn thing. Aside from leaving our guys there for four years ... because it'd have been "hard" to bring them home.

Biden's taking the shit. And he deserves it. He didn't oppose the Iraq invasion (as did Obama) and he supported Obama's troop "surge." He's putting the situation back to where it should have been if the goal had just been to kill every one of those guys with US blood on their hands back in 2001

I don't know what media you listen to (or maybe your just listening to your echo chamber TELLING you it isn't getting reported)....but I listen to NPR radio and ithere heve been stories and uodates about this almost daily for over a month.
it's suddenly newsworthy. LOL. But we need to get the interpreters and their families out. Biden should have done that months ago.

View attachment 524691

.... asleep. Just a token article here and there... move along nothing to see here.

If Trump was President... the media would be pounding sand and spittle in their faux outrage.
Line ups of "experts" on a panel talking about how this will breed future terrorist attacks etc. etc.

Nation building in Afghanistan is and always was a stupid idea. I'm glad they finally gave up and stopped sending Americans to die for an unachievable goal. Just ask the Russians and the Brits how nation building tribal Afghanistan goes. The Brits failed four times to do it

Were not taking anything, we're leaving it for the Afghan government, just like we did in South Vietnam. The Taliban will be well armed.

I call bull shit to your claim they are leaving arms. Link?

If this is the result in Afghanistan after us occupying and pouring resources into a country for 20 years then we need to seriously rethink our foreign policy.

A lot of people in the U.S. military Industrial complex, as well as many Afghan warlords made many millions of dollars (courtesy of the U.S, taxpayers).

So, in G.W. Bush's words it was:

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

odanny
Dumb move. We have tons of equipment over there and it should all be brought back to the US. Only an idiot would leave all that for the Taliban.
This equipment won't be brought back to the US. On the contrary, the Taliban siezes it in droves now. And something tells me leaving the equipment there was a preplanned decision.

odanny
If we do that, we admit defeat. We all know defeat is inevitable, but we have to give the appearance we have confidence in the Afghan forces, to say nothing of actually leaving them with something to defend themselves, even though we know what happens when we leave.

View attachment 524691

Just to prove you wrong once again, why then isn't this all over the news, blaming Trump?

And:

In historic call, Trump speaks to Taliban leader amid concerns about deal with US

View attachment 524691

I thought you RWNJs were all about bringing the troops home? This was gonna happen no matter who gave the order and whether it was now or in decades.

Forum List

Back