Media coverage of gang violence sure looks different when the perpetrators are white

thread-fail-stamp.png

This story is all over the media.
The only thing different I see is no politicians apologizing or "explaining" their actions.

That's what the libs/blacks don't want to see.

They NEED for their to be some of that. Because they NEED for the conservative points about black crime and violence to be about race.

Thus, if conservatives or "white leaders" aren't soft on white criminals, that is a problem for them, one they have to deny, somehow.

Media coverage of gang violence sure looks different when the perpetrators are white - Vox

waco.0.0.0.0.jpg

Over the weekend, a shootout between three rival biker gangsat a bar in Waco, Texas, left at least nine gang members dead and 18 others hospitalized with gunshot and stab wounds.

It was a huge, devastating tragedy. The New York Times reported that law enforcement sources called it "the worst violence in the Waco area since the siege on the Branch Davidian compound in 1993 that left 86 people dead."

With the Waco incident, we got just the news — not the racial pathology
Those who are using what happened in Waco to start conversations about stereotypes and media biases against black people aren't complaining about the tenor of this weekend's media coverage. They're saying something a little different: thatby being pretty reasonable and sticking to the facts, this coverage highlights the absurdity of the language and analysis that have been deployed in other instances, when the accused criminals are black.

"9 killed in Waco biker gang shootout - where are the white leaders decrying this white-on-white violence?" #stuffthemedianeversays

Hey @CNN and @FoxNews: Are you gonna talk about white on white crime tonight. Waco is plagued with biker gang violence.

I blame Sons of Anarchy for glorifying white-on-white biker gang violence. #Waco #TwinsPeakShooting

Where are Dick Cheney and Newt Gingrich when their country needs them? This white violence must cease!!! #StopWhiteOnWhiteCrime

Another line of commentary that's predictable in media coverage and commentary surrounding violence involving black people has to do with black cultural pathology.

Politicians and pundits are notorious for grasping for problems in African-American communities — especially fatherlessness — to explain the kind of violence that, when it happens in a white community, is treated as an isolated crime versus an indictment of an entire racial group's way of life.

Has Rand Paul blamed the fatal shooting in Waco on the "lack of fathers," for in that community, yet?

If they were 9 dead black men....every single one of them would be profiled on their past, everyone of them.....allowing white america a chance to say, I told you so, they needed to die....won't see this with this group at all!!

Media coverage of gang violence sure looks different when the perpetrators are white - Vox

waco.0.0.0.0.jpg

Over the weekend, a shootout between three rival biker gangsat a bar in Waco, Texas, left at least nine gang members dead and 18 others hospitalized with gunshot and stab wounds.

It was a huge, devastating tragedy. The New York Times reported that law enforcement sources called it "the worst violence in the Waco area since the siege on the Branch Davidian compound in 1993 that left 86 people dead."

Those who are using what happened in Waco to start conversations about stereotypes and media biases against black people aren't complaining about the tenor of this weekend's media coverage. They're saying something a little different: thatby being pretty reasonable and sticking to the facts, this coverage highlights the absurdity of the language and analysis that have been deployed in other instances, when the accused criminals are black.

"9 killed in Waco biker gang shootout - where are the white leaders decrying this white-on-white violence?" #stuffthemedianeversays

Hey @CNN and @FoxNews: Are you gonna talk about white on white crime tonight. Waco is plagued with biker gang violence.

I blame Sons of Anarchy for glorifying white-on-white biker gang violence. #Waco #TwinsPeakShooting

Where are Dick Cheney and Newt Gingrich when their country needs them? This white violence must cease!!! #StopWhiteOnWhiteCrime

Another line of commentary that's predictable in media coverage and commentary surrounding violence involving black people has to do with black cultural pathology.

Politicians and pundits are notorious for grasping for problems in African-American communities — especially fatherlessness — to explain the kind of violence that, when it happens in a white community, is treated as an isolated crime versus an indictment of an entire racial group's way of life.

Has Rand Paul blamed the fatal shooting in Waco on the "lack of fathers," for in that community, yet?

If they were 9 dead black men....every single one of them would be profiled on their past, everyone of them.....allowing white america a chance to say, I told you so, they needed to die....won't see this with this group at all!!
That's because everyone already assumes they deserved to die... Why would you do a profile on someone you already assume is a criminal? I'm glad those idiots shot each other and the police shot them.

waco.0.0.0.0.jpg

That's because everyone already assumes they deserved to die... Why would you do a profile on someone you already assume is a criminal? I'm glad those idiots shot each other and the police shot them.

Treyvon Martin was murdered and I can tell you everything you need to know about this kid prior to his death, the same with Michael Gray, all his felonies.....that's what the media does to blacks when they're murdered....next stupid question?

waco.0.0.0.0.jpg

Treyvon Martin was murdered and I can tell you everything you need to know about this kid prior to his death, the same with Michael Gray, all his felonies.....that's what the media does to blacks when they're murdered....next stupid question?
Ok. lol. This is how racist black people are... They even defend their criminals whenever everyone knows they were in the wrong. Race had nothing to do with it...

waco.0.0.0.0.jpg

Glad you stated what others are scared of saying. They simply treat blacks differently because of their own preconceived notions about blacks. That's also the reason cops are quicker to draw down on blacks. They assume they did something wrong...even if they didn't they are sure they will..one day

waco.0.0.0.0.jpg

Ok. lol. This is how racist black people are... They even defend their criminals whenever everyone knows they were in the wrong. Race had nothing to do with it...

Uh, if you read any of my threads, especially my latest, you'd see I hate criminals of all colors and badges. BUT YOU HAVE TO STOP IGNORING FACTS....9 THUGS MURDERED IN TEXAS.......IF THEY WERE BLACK YOU'D HAVE A CRIMINAL PROFILE NEXT DAY, THAT IS JUST FACT...STOP IGNORING FACTS YOU MORON

waco.0.0.0.0.jpg

Glad you stated what others are scared of saying. They simply treat blacks differently because of their own preconceived notions about blacks. That's also the reason cops are quicker to draw down on blacks. They assume they did something wrong...even if they didn't they are sure they will..one day

I don't make shtt up and I just report facts...something people here seem completely void of understanding. When was the last time you heard the media profile a black boy scout accidently murdered by a cop? I rest my case. Listen, have a fantastic Memorial day weekend

The difference to me is the biker gang violence got a good deal of coverage.
The daily violence of black gang activity in Chicago doesn't get any coverage.

waco.0.0.0.0.jpg

Uh, if you read any of my threads, especially my latest, you'd see I hate criminals of all colors and badges. BUT YOU HAVE TO STOP IGNORING FACTS....9 THUGS MURDERED IN TEXAS.......IF THEY WERE BLACK YOU'D HAVE A CRIMINAL PROFILE NEXT DAY, THAT IS JUST FACT...STOP IGNORING FACTS YOU MORON
They would bring up criminal profiles on them because all the blacks would try to pretend that the thugs were innocent children on their way to classes. No whites ever try to pull that bullshit so I still don't get where you are coming from on this one.

waco.0.0.0.0.jpg

They treat blacks differently because blacks burn shit down every time a thug dies. Do you see any whites rioting right now?

waco.0.0.0.0.jpg

They treat blacks differently because blacks burn shit down every time a thug dies. Do you see any whites rioting right now?

Does your ass ever get jealous of the shit that comes out your mouth? Why aren't whites rioting? For what? Those men were armed, battled with the cops and some died as a result...the definative word here is ARMED.....whereas most black victims at the hands of cops are NOT ARMED OR POSE A DANGER....CASE IN POINT, THE BLACK GUY BEING CHOKED TO DEATH FOR SELLING E CIGS IN NY.....please educate your ignorance before coming back, you look and sound ridiculous and stupid

The difference to me is the biker gang violence got a good deal of coverage.
The daily violence of black gang activity in Chicago doesn't get any coverage.

The definative word here is Chicago, n*** kill each other every day there, like everywhere, like who cares? Sorry

waco.0.0.0.0.jpg

That's a great description of racial profiling and discrimination. I couldn't have put it better myself

waco.0.0.0.0.jpg

Does your ass ever get jealous of the shit that comes out your mouth? Why aren't whites rioting? For what? Those men were armed, battled with the cops and some died as a result...the definative word here is ARMED.....whereas most black victims at the hands of cops are NOT ARMED OR POSE A DANGER....CASE IN POINT, THE BLACK GUY BEING CHOKED TO DEATH FOR SELLING E CIGS IN NY.....please educate your ignorance before coming back, you look and sound ridiculous and stupid
The instance you've mentioned I've never stood up for the cops involved in that. I speak more about Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown who assaulted someone and ended up dying. What is your point then? How did whites treat this any differently than they would have treated blacks who did the same thing? Please elaborate on the OP.

waco.0.0.0.0.jpg

That's a great description of racial profiling and discrimination. I couldn't have put it better myself
I'm talking about in the media. People are very sensitive to killing black criminals now. Nothing to do with racial profiling, just the need to be more sensitive when justifying the deaths of thugs.

waco.0.0.0.0.jpg

Yep, as there is no stampede of cons and "white leaders" defending these thugs, there is no need to dispute any defenses of them.

Forum List

Back