🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

meh - just skip DOJ protocol -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Domald Trump. I MAKE MY OWN RULES !!

Can the Department of Justice’s specific succession statute can be supplanted by a presidential appointment under the FVRA. Section 508 directly addresses Justice Department succession and provides that “n case of a vacancy in the office of Attorney General, ... , the Deputy Attorney General may exercise all the duties of that office.” The statute further provides that if both the attorney general and the deputy attorney general are unavailable or unable to serve, the associate attorney general “shall act” as attorney general. The statute also authorizes the attorney general to “designate” the solicitor general and the various assistant attorney generals in “further order of succession.” Under the current attorney general order, the solicitor general is next in the line of succession.
The word "shall" is legally nebulous...In many cases, it can be construed into the permissive "may", which also means that one "may not".

This is "settled law"....You can look it up in Black's Law Dictionary...I have.

No you haven't. Why do you insist on lying in every post you make. Literally.
Do you like your crow barbecued or broiled?

All you had to do was Google it....Eat it, loser.

What is SHALL? definition of SHALL (Black's Law Dictionary)

Can the Department of Justice’s specific succession statute can be supplanted by a presidential appointment under the FVRA. Section 508 directly addresses Justice Department succession and provides that “n case of a vacancy in the office of Attorney General, ... , the Deputy Attorney General may exercise all the duties of that office.” The statute further provides that if both the attorney general and the deputy attorney general are unavailable or unable to serve, the associate attorney general “shall act” as attorney general. The statute also authorizes the attorney general to “designate” the solicitor general and the various assistant attorney generals in “further order of succession.” Under the current attorney general order, the solicitor general is next in the line of succession.
The word "shall" is legally nebulous...In many cases, it can be construed into the permissive "may", which also means that one "may not".

You are literally arguing nothing. You are clearly not understanding this thread and are trying to interject to try and sound intelligent.

Newsflash - it's not working.

2+2 = 4

Oddball: 2+2 does not equal 4, because I LIKE PURPLE!

It's not even a law. It's just a DOJ "policy."

POLICY HUH - its a statute dumbass, a written LAW.

You said "Department of Justice’s specific succession statute." If the Department of Justice wrote it, then it's not a law. Later it says "Under the current attorney general order." That means the AG issued it, and it's not a law. The title of this thread refers to "DOJ protocol." Protocol sure as hell isn't law.

In cases where no right or benefit to any one depends on its being taken in the imperative sense,

Trump appointing the person of his choosing certainly benefits his fat ass doesnt it ?

dipping sauce crowboi, or dry .....

You said "Department of Justice’s specific succession statute." If the Department of Justice wrote it, then it's not a law. Later it says "Under the current attorney general order." That means the AG issued it, and it's not a law. The title of this thread refers to "DOJ protocol." Protocol sure as hell isn't law.

Yup. Merely internal policy. In the end, it means nothing to this current circumstance.

stat·ute
/ˈstaCHo͞ot/
noun
plural noun: statutes
  1. a written law passed by a legislative body.

write that down dumbass ...

stat·ute
/ˈstaCHo͞ot/
noun
plural noun: statutes
  1. a written law passed by a legislative body.

write that down dumbass ...
I already posted this link....Try reading something without 3-color pictures, Goober.

As used in statutes and similar instruments, this word is generally imperative or mandatory; but it may be construed as merely permissive or directory, (as equivalent to “may,”) to carry out the legislative intention and In cases where no right or benefit to any one depends on its being taken in the imperative sense, and where no public or private right is impaired by its interpretation in the other sense. Also, as against the government, “shall” is to be construed as “may,” unless a contrary intention is manifest. See Wheeler v. Chicago, 24 111. 105, 76 Am. Dec. 736; People v. Chicago Sanitary Dist., 184 111. 597, 56 N. E. 9.”.:;: Madison v. Daley (C. C.) 58 Fed. 753; Cairo & F. R. Co. v. Ilecht, 95 U. S. 170, 24 L. Ed. 423. SHAM PLEA. See PLEA. SHARE 1082 SHERIFF

It does not say must it says MAY. The President is free to appoint anyone he wants for 200 or some odd days before the senate must vote on permanent replacement, you people are beyond stupid.

Who has standing to take it to court? Rosenstein? After he gets fired then who? Trump can arrange his DOJ team any way he wants to on a temporary basis. The senate will get to approve his new AG in due time.
No he can't not, according to the Constitution komrade.
The Constitution actually says he gets to appojnt whom ever he wants and that the Senate must approve HOWEVER that is for permanent appointment the Federal law allows him to appoint ANYONE he wants on a temporary basis till he chooses who will be permanent and that is good for over 200 days. You retards do not even know the ,law.

It looks to me like he can do it:

The Federal Vacancies Reform Act of 1998

"(1) the first assistant to the office of such officer shall perform the functions and duties of the office temporarily in an acting capacity subject to the time limitations of section 3346;

"(2) notwithstanding paragraph (1), the President (and only the President) may direct a person who serves in an office for which appointment is required to be made by the President, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, to perform the functions and duties of the vacant office temporarily in an acting capacity subject to the time limitations of section 3346; or

"(3) notwithstanding paragraph (1), the President (and only the President) may direct an officer or employee of such Executive agency to perform the functions and duties of the vacant office temporarily in an acting capacity, subject to the time limitations of section 3346, if

The Constitution actually says he gets to appojnt whom ever he wants and that the Senate must approve HOWEVER that is for permanent appointment the Federal law allows him to appoint ANYONE he wants on a temporary basis till he chooses who will be permanent and that is good for over 200 days. You retards do not even know the ,law.
`
I enough enough about the law not to trust anything a forum partisan says about it.

You are literally arguing nothing. You are clearly not understanding this thread and are trying to interject to try and sound intelligent.

2+2 = 4

It's simple, the DOJ is part of the administrative branch of government, and Trump SHALL do with it what ever he damn well pleases. . . .

2+2 = 4

It's simple, the DOJ is part of the administrative branch of government, and Trump SHALL do with it what ever he damn well pleases. . . .

False.

It does not say must it says MAY. The President is free to appoint anyone he wants for 200 or some odd days before the senate must vote on permanent replacement, you people are beyond stupid.

its says shall too Derp -

guess what it says about Recusal Obligations

2+2 = 4

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

next contestant !

`
I enough enough about the law not to trust anything a forum partisan says about it.
I just posted the law, dingbat. It says he can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back