Memorial Day weekend: Lower Gas Prices: Where are all the threads praising the Pres?

Don't ya love how the left are detached from the actual effects of these so called lower gas prices. As if 35 fucking cents makes much of a difference when many have little to no disposable income as it is.

gas was 3.85 per gallon here in march and april, now it is 3.09 tha allows me to keep more of my income. I'd say that is a win, win situation. When we can stop the stranglhold of fuel prices by private corporations and they are still high, I might be inclined to blame the president, but he has no control over fuel prices. There is a oil glut in the USA even kansas is having an oil boom. Don't tell me we need to drill more cause we are.

Don't ya love how the left are detached from the actual effects of these so called lower gas prices. As if 35 fucking cents makes much of a difference when many have little to no disposable income as it is.

gas was 3.85 per gallon here in march and april, now it is 3.09 tha allows me to keep more of my income. I'd say that is a win, win situation. When we can stop the stranglhold of fuel prices by private corporations and they are still high, I might be inclined to blame the president, but he has no control over fuel prices. There is a oil glut in the USA even kansas is having an oil boom. Don't tell me we need to drill more cause we are.

Your an idiot. You cant grasp it can you????? Gas is high now cause of inflation not the cost of oil. It is sad I had to spell it out for you.

Your an idiot. You cant grasp it can you????? Gas is high now cause of inflation not the cost of oil. It is sad I had to spell it out for you.

inflation made the prices go down? try again.

You think this is cheap gas you fucking moron?

You think this is cheap gas you fucking moron?

no cheap gas is 35 cents when I started driving, only a moron would think we should or could have that gas price now.

But in truth it is cheaper than it was 3 months ago.

It was $3.89 in March, it is $3.89 today.

Where's the win, win?

We are drilling more but no thanks to Obama.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2851401/posts

It was $3.89 in March, it is $3.89 today.

Where's the win, win?

We are drilling more but no thanks to Obama.
Deception: Obama claims credit for oil production increase

Yep, drilling on federal land is down dramatically. Small time operations are up as a consequence.

Because when they were going higher..there were sure enough of them directly blaming President Obama..

So..boys and girls?

Where is the love?

:lol: :eusa_whistle:

Love for paying $3.70 a gallon ? It's better than a few weeks ago when I was paying $4.10, but it still sucks. And by the way, it's twice as high now as when Obama took office.

In November of 2008 was about $2.07 a gallon. Average gas prices

In november 2011 gas was $3.31 Average gas prices--November 28, 2011

Thats a 1.24 in then three years...

Hell in december the average price of gas was 1.61 Average gas prices

In december 2011 it is $3.27 Average gas prices--December 12, 2011

Thats a increase of $1.66 in three years.

Last month gas was $3.67 Average gas prices--May 28, 2012

10 cents cheaper than in 2008 and yet oil a barrel $132.19

Oil in may last this year? $90.86

Whats different huh?

Crude Oil Price History

In July of 2008, it was 4.12 a gallon.

Gas Price Historical Price Charts - GasBuddy.com

It fell to 1.61 in November due to the economic collapse.

Are you suggesting we should collapse the economy again to drive the price of gas lower?

The price of a barrel of oil in July 2008 was $145.29

Now gas was $3.64 For July 2011 and the price of a barrel of oil was $94.94

How come oil was $50.34 more expensive in 2008 and yet gas is only .48 cents cheaper?
Wall Street speculators.

What's the current rate of inflation?

I guess it's time to re-post this:

U.S. Gas Exports Force Drivers Into Bidding War With Mexico At Pump

WASHINGTON -- Conservation, high prices, and hard times have led American motorists to dramatically decrease the amount of gasoline they buy.

But how are they rewarded? With even higher prices, in part because American refiners have started
exporting enormous amounts of American gasoline to Mexico and other countries.

Exports of petroleum products -- mostly diesel and gasoline -- have increased sharply in the last two years, to about a billion barrels in 2011. For the first time, the U.S. is exporting considerably more finished products (though not crude) than it's importing.

Around 3 million barrels of petroleum products are sent abroad each day. For some perspective, consider that all U.S. motorists combined use around 8 million barrels of gasoline a day.

The top countries receiving the exports are Mexico, Canada, the Netherlands, Brazil, Singapore, Chile, Panama, Japan and China.

Most of the ongoing increases in gas prices can be traced to geopolitical concerns and rampant financial speculation that have run up the cost of crude oil. And yet, if U.S. refiners limited themselves to domestic sales, there would be a glut on the market, and diesel and gasoline prices would inevitably drop.

"The other countries are willing to pay more than we would," said James Hamilton, an economics professor and blogger at the University of California, San Diego. "And that's the price we pay, too, what they're willing to pay."

Hamilton said that's how things work in a global market. "If you are a refiner and you've got gasoline to sell, you want to sell it where you can get the highest price," he said. "If Mexico is willing to pay a higher price to Americans, you're going to want to sell it to them instead of Americans."
So what can be done to help out American motorists?

"I do not support an outright ban of exports," said Tyson Slocum, director of the energy program for the consumer watchdog group Public Citizen. "And I don't want to see the government regulating retail prices. But I don't think that it is in our best interests to be exporting at the rate at which we are."

Your an idiot.

:lol:

You cant grasp it can you????? Gas is high now cause of inflation not the cost of oil. It is sad I had to spell it out for you.

So lemme get this straight...

You are arguing that the USD price of gas/gallon is not going down in parallel with the USD price of oil because of inflation.

That it?
No I am saying gas is at this high with lower oil prices cause of the inflated dollar.....You understand that now?

What's the current rate of inflation?

The true rate of inflation if you factor in energy and food which the government does not I would say is around 35%

3.39 a gallon here. Only about 20 cents lower than previous highs. Still not feelin any relief since I have to fill up 2 or 3 times a week.

Because when they were going higher..there were sure enough of them directly blaming President Obama..

So..boys and girls?

Where is the love?

:lol: :eusa_whistle:

I said it when Bush was President, I'll say it now...

The President has very little to no influence on the price of gasoline and oil.

64wv.jpg

Forum List

Back