Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Oh yeah, this place will be in business for a while. :lol:

A small pop-up shop in a quiet neighborhood in Pittsburgh is sending a loud message: men make more than women, men should pay more than women.

At Less Than 100 the tagline is “pay what you’re paid.” In Garfield, Pennsylvania that means men pay 100% of the price of items, while women are charged 76%, reflective of what women earn in the state compared to men. It’s a concept that creator Elana Schlenker thought up less than a year ago, who told msnbc that the gender gap is an “issue many people still don’t realize is an issue.”

“We’re only at 76% right now in Pennsylvania. I want people to come into the shop and talk about that. I want to raise the visibility of the project locally so people see it’s still an issue,” the 31-year-old Pennsylvania native said.

Men pay more in traveling shop for gender wage equality MSNBC

A small pop-up shop in a quiet neighborhood in Pittsburgh is sending a loud message: men make more than women, men should pay more than women.

At Less Than 100 the tagline is “pay what you’re paid.” In Garfield, Pennsylvania that means men pay 100% of the price of items, while women are charged 76%, reflective of what women earn in the state compared to men. It’s a concept that creator Elana Schlenker thought up less than a year ago, who told msnbc that the gender gap is an “issue many people still don’t realize is an issue.”

“We’re only at 76% right now in Pennsylvania. I want people to come into the shop and talk about that. I want to raise the visibility of the project locally so people see it’s still an issue,” the 31-year-old Pennsylvania native said.

Radical feminists will visit in droves, and build a commune. Then FEMEN will have somewhere to visit when they aren't nude stripping.

Cue the gender discrimination lawsuit in 5....4....3....2...........

People seem confused. Sexism is sexism. If you discriminate against a man based on his sex, then you are a sexist. The owners of this store are sexists. It kind of makes any whine they have about anti woman wage disparity moot.

Women pay more than men for many of the same things.

Why Women Pay More

There is a difference in employing a focused marketing strategy that will maximize the sales price and telling a man that he must pay $10.00 for a wrench where a woman only has to pay $7.60 for the exact same wrench.

No doubt.

None the less, teh wimminz pay more for many of the same services that men pay less for. Can't blame someone for trying to flip it around.

Well, men work harder then women and put more years into it on the means. So we should pay more for beating our asses into the ground? Sounds like bullshit.
What are liberals bitching for? Pay is based on seniority. Men have more seniority than women. That's the name of the game for Unions. Liberals lives Uunions. You can't have it both ways.

The article says it's a pop-up shop. So it is only intended to be in business for a few days or less. It's basically irrelevant.

What is a huge problem is that auto insurance companies get away with discriminating against men.

Reality discriminates.

Men, in the aggregate, drive more miles and drive more aggressively than women do. That means that insurance companies have to pay more claims for them than they do for women. Thus, men are charged more. Likewise, women, in the aggregate, pay more for hair styling than do men because their hair takes longer and requires more skill to arrange to the woman's satisfaction.

Equality of outcome is impossible, thus the best we can hope to accomplish is removing impediments to opportunity. A tall athletic man will ALWAYS have a better chance at an NBA contract than will a short, out of shape woman.

How I would deal with the pop-up store? Simple, I'd send my wife in to buy what I wanted for us at the discount.

Last edited:

Why Women Pay More

There is a difference in employing a focused marketing strategy that will maximize the sales price and telling a man that he must pay $10.00 for a wrench where a woman only has to pay $7.60 for the exact same wrench.
"Would you do me a favor dear? There's a watch in that store I want to buy. I'd have to pay $100 for it but if go in and buy it it will only cost me $76. Here's $76. See you in a minute".
"Matter of fact here's the money for three of those watches. That means I'll get the third one free".

Why Women Pay More

"Would you do me a favor dear? There's a watch in that store I want to buy. I'd have to pay $100 for it but if go in and buy it it will only cost me $76. Here's $76. See you in a minute".
"Matter of fact here's the money for three of those watches. That means I'll get the third one free".
I see a money making opportunity for a woman in this scenario.

Reality discriminates.

Men, in the aggregate, drive more miles and drive more aggressively than women do. That means that insurance companies have to pay more claims for them than they do for women. Thus, men are charged more. Likewise, women, in the aggregate, pay more for hair styling than do men because their hair takes longer and requires more skill to arrange to the woman's satisfaction.

Except ObamaCare doesn't work that way. Women's medical costs are higher, but men have to pay more to balance it out. Older people's medical costs are higher, but younger people have to more to alleviate that for them.

Reality discriminates.

Except ObamaCare doesn't work that way. Women's medical costs are higher, but men have to pay more to balance it out. Older people's medical costs are higher, but younger people have to more to alleviate that for them.
Most ideas from the left ignore reality and attempt to impose a fantasy. That's why they don't often work.

Reality discriminates.

Equality of outcome is impossible, thus the best we can hope to accomplish is removing impediments to opportunity. A tall athletic man will ALWAYS have a better chance at an NBA contract than will a short, out of shape woman.

How I would deal with the pop-up store? Simple, I'd send my wife in to buy what I wanted for us at the discount.

The most dangerous drivers actually pay the LEAST...simply because they have a strong lobby and they vote.

Forum List

Back