Merrick Garland publicly displays his stunning ignorance of basic news stories

Wow, we really dodged a bullet with this guy. Obama's ignorance and corruption almost put this idiot on the SCOTUS!

Judge Merrick Garland, President Joe Biden’s attorney general pick, declined to get into details on Monday about the COVID-19 nursing home disaster that plagued New York following Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s mandate.

Republican Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy asked Garland how he would have handled COVID-19 had he been chief judge when the pandemic began. Kennedy wondered if he “would have adopted a rule that” deemed it “discriminatory” to ask someone to take a COVID-19 test to return to work after the individual went to the hospital for the virus and was treated and released.

Garland said “no,” he would not have adopted that rule.

Kennedy followed this up by wondering aloud if this is “what happened with a lot of our nursing homes throughout the country.” While Kennedy did not name New York in particular, Cuomo has come under fire for his handling of the COVID-19 pandemic. He mandated that nursing homes accept patients who had previously tested positive for COVID-19 while barring facilities from requiring negative tests for a period of time in 2020.

“I honestly don’t know what happened with the nursing homes,” Garland responded. “I don’t know what they’re doing with respect to – I’m sorry, I’m not again, I’m not trying to be evasive. I really, I really don’t know the facts here. I mean, I think in the example you gave me, there’s nothing discriminatory about asking people who might be infected from a public health point of view to be sure they don’t infect other people, and if a determinations made they’re not infected, then of course that’s the end of it. Equal treatment doesn’t mean we don’t take into consideration the possibilities of different degrees of health in a particular circumstance.

“And I don’t, I honestly, don’t know what happened, but the nursing home – I know it was terrible that many people got the COVID in the nursing homes and it was a major vector in the spread of the infection. But I don’t know why that was, except that there are people cooped up in one place and it’s easy to spread,” he continued.

The FBI is reportedly investigating Cuomo over the nursing home deaths. The alleged investigation comes after revelations indicated that his administration underreported nursing home COVID-19 deaths by up to 50% and reports that they tried to hide the correct death count.

The left loon also refused to say illegals crossing the borders is a crime.

Thank God he was never confirmed
And he sounded worse than Jen Psaki in trying to evade giving an answer.

And this stammering numbskull is supposed to be USSC material?

I'm not even an attorney and I know illegals crossing the borders is a crime.

The bar for leftist judges must be very low

What they fail to mention is the state was following federal policy and if the Post and republicans want to play a political blame game, they should blame Donald Trump and they should have blamed Donald Trump's since last March 25th when they promulgated the guidance. We will stick to the facts.

What Cuomo did was not federal policy. He lied about that, and you bought it because you're a dumb rube.

Yes it was and I can prove it.

March 13
Note: Nursing homes should admit any individuals that they would normally admit to their facility, including individuals from hospitals where a case of COVID-19 was/is present. Also, if possible, dedicate a unit/wing exclusively for any residents coming or returning from the hospital. This can serve as a step-down unit where they remain for 14 days with no symptoms (instead of integrating as usual on short-term rehab floor, or returning to long-stay original room).

QSO-20-14-NH - REVISED (cms.gov)
Not even your trump hating cuomo loving Politico supports you on this

Wow, we really dodged a bullet with this guy. Obama's ignorance and corruption almost put this idiot on the SCOTUS!

Judge Merrick Garland, President Joe Biden’s attorney general pick, declined to get into details on Monday about the COVID-19 nursing home disaster that plagued New York following Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s mandate.

Republican Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy asked Garland how he would have handled COVID-19 had he been chief judge when the pandemic began. Kennedy wondered if he “would have adopted a rule that” deemed it “discriminatory” to ask someone to take a COVID-19 test to return to work after the individual went to the hospital for the virus and was treated and released.

Kennedy followed this up by wondering aloud if this is “what happened with a lot of our nursing homes throughout the country.” While Kennedy did not name New York in particular, Cuomo has come under fire for his handling of the COVID-19 pandemic. He mandated that nursing homes accept patients who had previously tested positive for COVID-19 while barring facilities from requiring negative tests for a period of time in 2020.

“I honestly don’t know what happened with the nursing homes,” Garland responded. “I don’t know what they’re doing with respect to – I’m sorry, I’m not again, I’m not trying to be evasive. I really, I really don’t know the facts here. I mean, I think in the example you gave me, there’s nothing discriminatory about asking people who might be infected from a public health point of view to be sure they don’t infect other people, and if a determinations made they’re not infected, then of course that’s the end of it. Equal treatment doesn’t mean we don’t take into consideration the possibilities of different degrees of health in a particular circumstance.

“And I don’t, I honestly, don’t know what happened, but the nursing home – I know it was terrible that many people got the COVID in the nursing homes and it was a major vector in the spread of the infection. But I don’t know why that was, except that there are people cooped up in one place and it’s easy to spread,” he continued.

The FBI is reportedly investigating Cuomo over the nursing home deaths. The alleged investigation comes after revelations indicated that his administration underreported nursing home COVID-19 deaths by up to 50% and reports that they tried to hide the correct death count.

Kennedy is so damn dumb.

Also they shouldn't be any investigation of Gov. Cuomo.

What an idiot you are. Cuomo killed all those people in the nursing homes when he had those suffering from the Chinese Virus put in those homes. He should be investigated and charged. Dumbass.

The left loon also refused to say illegals crossing the borders is a crime.

Thank God he was never confirmed

I tend to think he doesn't want to talk about illegals with what Biden has done. Why bring up a sore point with the American people. Most of who want all illegals out of country since they cost we tax payers billions each year. Not a good look for that jack ass Biden.

Kennedy is so damn dumb.

I thought Garland was being honest in his replies, Kennedy didn't get him on anything significant aside that Garland needs to catch up on the Nursing home issues.

Why does AOC , AG of NY Letitia and the Mayor of NY wants Cuomo investigated?

YOU don’t know what happened in the nursing homes either. You’re just repeating the lies and bullshit circulating in the media, because you WANT to believe Cuomo killed people. You’re prepared to blame Cuomo and to castigate anyone who doesn’t.

Garland would been have been a much better pick than any of the conservative ideologues that Trump appointed. Cavanagh is completely unfit, by experience or temperament, for the office.

The ink on ACB’s federal appointment was barely dry when she was elevated to the SC. All of Trump’s picks were wealthy right wing elites, whose career path to the SC was greased with Dark Money, and blessed by the Federalist Society.

I heard a considerable amount of his testimony. Sounded fine to me, but was not looking for a "gotcha" moment. Looks like he will be going after extremist hate groups associated with the insurrection as a beginning priority and will not become Joe's personal lawyer. Sounds fine to me. He will be a good Attorney General, though I have no idea what he is like organizationally, and organizational management skills are important in something as large and complex at the Department of Justice. He would probably been a good Supreme Court judge, if not for the political duplicity of Moscow Mitch.
Well one thing is certain, he will continue the long practiced policy of uneven and unfair justice, to make sure the elite are protected.

By limiting themselves to liberal-biased news sources, liberals promote their own dumbness. Merrick Garland is no exception.

I doubt he has read articles that criticize or tell the truth about liberal governors and mayors regarding their mistakes in addressing COVID-19 issues.

YOU don’t know what happened in the nursing homes either. You’re just repeating the lies and bullshit circulating in the media, because you WANT to believe Cuomo killed people. You’re prepared to blame Cuomo and to castigate anyone who doesn’t.

Garland would been have been a much better pick than any of the conservative ideologues that Trump appointed. Cavanagh is completely unfit, by experience or temperament, for the office.

The ink on ACB’s federal appointment was barely dry when she was elevated to the SC. All of Trump’s picks were wealthy right wing elites, whose career path to the SC was greased with Dark Money, and blessed by the Federalist Society.

Can you believe the Trump hating Canadian POS wrote this first paragraph and doesn't even see the hypocrisy.

I heard a considerable amount of his testimony. Sounded fine to me, but was not looking for a "gotcha" moment. Looks like he will be going after extremist hate groups associated with the insurrection as a beginning priority and will not become Joe's personal lawyer. Sounds fine to me. He will be a good Attorney General, though I have no idea what he is like organizationally, and organizational management skills are important in something as large and complex at the Department of Justice. He would probably been a good Supreme Court judge, if not for the political duplicity of Moscow Mitch.
Well one thing is certain, he will continue the long practiced policy of uneven and unfair justice, to make sure the elite are protected.
Not certain at all.

Yes, because the Dems would not have done the EXACT SAME THING if the situation was reversed.......

Hack-twat.

Garland is going to be a rubber stamp for the biden agenda

As soon as he gets confirmed, he'll be agreeing with Joe that Cuomo is "the gold standard".

Not certain at all.
It’s a 100% certainty.

What they fail to mention is the state was following federal policy and if the Post and republicans want to play a political blame game, they should blame Donald Trump and they should have blamed Donald Trump's since last March 25th when they promulgated the guidance. We will stick to the facts.

What Cuomo did was not federal policy. He lied about that, and you bought it because you're a dumb rube.

Yes it was and I can prove it.

March 13
Note: Nursing homes should admit any individuals that they would normally admit to their facility, including individuals from hospitals where a case of COVID-19 was/is present. Also, if possible, dedicate a unit/wing exclusively for any residents coming or returning from the hospital. This can serve as a step-down unit where they remain for 14 days with no symptoms (instead of integrating as usual on short-term rehab floor, or returning to long-stay original room).

QSO-20-14-NH - REVISED (cms.gov)
Not even your trump hating cuomo loving Politico supports you on this

any state that should not care for covid pts should not of accepted them.

Kennedy is so damn dumb.

What an idiot you are. Cuomo killed all those people in the nursing homes when he had those suffering from the Chinese Virus put in those homes. He should be investigated and charged. Dumbass.
Can you keep track of 6000 nursing homes, and Cuomo did not kill anyone.

they should blame Donald Trump
There was no federal policy that mandated sending patients infected with wuflu to nursing homes
Not only that, but Quomo had the temporary hospital set up at the Javits Center Javits Center temporary hospital to take on coronavirus patients
and the hospital ship U.S.N.S. Comfort The 1,000-Bed Comfort Was Supposed to Aid New York. It Has 20 Patients. to take in COVID patients.

The Chief Asshole of New York, Andrew Quomo used NEITHER ONE OF THEM. Instead, he sent COVID infected patients back to their nursing homes....to infect other vulnerable people.

Andrew Quomo is a SICK PIECE OF SHIT! He should be removed from office and indicted on THOUSANDS of counts of involuntary manslaughter.

Kennedy is so damn dumb.

Can you keep track of 6000 nursing homes, and Cuomo did not kill anyone.

Not directly. But putting those suffering from the Chinese Virus into nursing homes full of elderly, against the advice of his aides, sure as shit killed the elderly. He knew he shouldn't but he did.

He needs to be investigated and charged.

I suspect everyone undercounted Nursing homes deaths due to covid esp FL and TX, whereas Fl treats nursing residents like shit.

I suspect everyone undercounted Nursing homes deaths due to covid esp FL and TX, whereas Fl treats nursing residents like shit.

There are nursing homes all over that no one wants to use. But there are also great nursing homes and assisted living places out there.

I have a friend who's mother suffers from dementia. She's in an assisted living home. They take excellent care of her and have strict regulations related to the Chinese virus. No deaths at that home. They know about what Cuomo did and were appalled. That would never happen at this home.

Forum List

Back