🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Meryl Streep Was Dead Wrong About MMA

The fact that she may have not even been "trying" to diss sports or middle America basically proves the point that people on the right are making. That progressives are out of touch with most of the country.
So most of the country doesn't watch movies? Who knew?

There is a difference between watching movies and actors thinking that somehow this gives them the right to tell the rest of us how to live our lives.
Ever heard of the First Amendment, Marty? You don't seem to have any problem telling me how to live. Or trying to.

Have you seen me in any way try to silence these people through government action? I am SAYING they should shut their traps, not DOING anything to force them to shut their traps.

Criticism and telling them to shut their pie holes and act is not censorship.

And why ARE you doing that, if you believe as you imply, that they have a right to an opinion?

A right to an opinion does not mean a right to have in unchallenged, or the right to not be told to maybe they should shut their yapper.

When it isn't backed up with any action, it is merely an opinion on an opinion.

yeah, cause pop culture is now the arts, and movies are a source of cultural enrichment without which we'd all be relegated to watching tractor pulls.

lol

this was just a thinly concealed means of calling people rubes. Again.
Hey, what do you mean relegated? I love tractor pulls!

My favorite line from her was “Disrespect invites disrespect." She said, with a straight face all the while basically calling everyone in middle America racist idiots who need some culture lessons from her and those like her.
I like tractor pulls, too, and sheepdog trials. But don't be too hard on her--I really don't think she was meaning to diss sports or middle America. It would kinda suck to only have sports, not both, don't you agree?

Wait, whoa WHOA.

"Sheepdog trials"??? :eek:
They're AWESOME. Seriously? You've never seen any?

No. Fatter o' mact I don't think I've ever seen any kind of dog in court.
These dogs herd a group of sheep through a series of gates, and it's timed, as well. Missing a gate or having a sheep stray off and miss the gate reduces points. The owner uses only a whistle from the sidelines to give the dog commands. The dog knows what to do, for the most part, without help. It's pretty cool. The country fairs have them a lot of times.

And terrorist assholes have to work much harder to get crap across than if there were no border controls. The idea isn't to seal it 100%, the idea is to make it so people weigh the options of getting through and decide not to risk it.

I reiterate. The Gaza/Israeli border is porous and is 32-miles long. You think the US can do better with a 2000-mile+ border? I don't think so..
Pals have been going through the Israeli border with weapons for decades.
Anyway, i haven't heard of any incident where weapons were passed through the US border by terrorists. They don't need to. The US is so awash with guns all they have to do is go to a gun show or Walmart. And you have border controls already.

All vacuous arguments. The idea of a wall might make you feel nice and safe and cozy. In practical terms of actually building a wall and doing the job you think it's going to do? A waste of time.

Most would call you sick if you have no problem watching two people hack away at each other for cash. But that seems to be where we are with Trump's ascension, a lesser nation whose sickness is now accepted and applauded.
The country has had fighting since day one. Bare knuckle boxing was the norm back in the day. Trump and his supporters weren't around then.

That's the way it always is with leftists. You like to change things then pretend it was that way all along.

You may have noticed that the society evolved away bare knuckles brawling and the like. Not surprisingly the Neanderthal crowd that voted for this fool want us to return to the barbaric past

Sanctioning gladiator contests is fairly new in the US. If my knowledge of history is poor, yours is non-existent.
LMAO! The US responsible for this? Are you seriously this historically stupid?

No...did I say they were responsible? Sanctioning human cock fighting is fairly new in the US.
Over 100 years? Recent? I think not.

The UFC is 100 years old? Really?

No, sanctioned gladiator encounters. Nevada was the first to allow them. MMA has been around for around 50 years however, and in the world of martial arts a comparably trained MMA fighter will clean the clock of a boxer as they are far more well rounded.
Well that's because boxers are sportsman and human cockfighters are not.
And as far as your evil cock fight bullshit go's in the last 100 years or so there have been over 900 boxers killed in the ring, so you can take your ignorant sanctimonious BS and shove it up your keester.

Yawn. And your point is what exactly?

And terrorist assholes have to work much harder to get crap across than if there were no border controls. The idea isn't to seal it 100%, the idea is to make it so people weigh the options of getting through and decide not to risk it.

I reiterate. The Gaza/Israeli border is porous and is 32-miles long. You think the US can do better with a 2000-mile+ border? I don't think so..
Anyway, i haven't heard of any incident where weapons were passed through the US border by terrorists. They don't need to. The US is so awash with guns all they have to do is go to a gun show or Walmart. And you have border controls already.

All vacuous arguments. The idea of a wall might make you feel nice and safe and cozy. In practical terms of actually building a wall and doing the job you think it's going to do? A waste of time.

And they would get more through without the controls, just like less illegals will get through with stronger ones on our border.

That coupled with rigorous enforcement of deportations of anyone convicted of a crime who is illegal, checks of the most obvious industries that employ them, coupled with the stronger border might work. Add it removal of benefits and employer punishment for hiring them, and more will self deport. hell, even open "amnesty centers" that will send them back for free.

If your best argument is "it might not work because blah blah blah" then you don't have much of an argument.

And they would get more through without the controls, just like less illegals will get through with stronger ones on our border.

That coupled with rigorous enforcement of deportations of anyone convicted of a crime who is illegal, checks of the most obvious industries that employ them, coupled with the stronger border might work. Add it removal of benefits and employer punishment for hiring them, and more will self deport. hell, even open "amnesty centers" that will send them back for free.

If your best argument is "it might not work because blah blah blah" then you don't have much of an argument.

Sort of like the gun control argument Cons make every day

Sort of like the gun control argument Cons make every day

Actually your side argues that somehow making it harder for me to get/own a gun will stop someone else from shooting people.

It's like taking away my car because 3 other people crashed into a light pole.

Most would call you sick if you have no problem watching two people hack away at each other for cash. But that seems to be where we are with Trump's ascension, a lesser nation whose sickness is now accepted and applauded.
The country has had fighting since day one. Bare knuckle boxing was the norm back in the day. Trump and his supporters weren't around then.

That's the way it always is with leftists. You like to change things then pretend it was that way all along.

You may have noticed that the society evolved away bare knuckles brawling and the like. Not surprisingly the Neanderthal crowd that voted for this fool want us to return to the barbaric past

Ignorant nonsense. ^^^

LMAO! The US responsible for this? Are you seriously this historically stupid?

No...did I say they were responsible? Sanctioning human cock fighting is fairly new in the US.

No, sanctioned gladiator encounters. Nevada was the first to allow them. MMA has been around for around 50 years however, and in the world of martial arts a comparably trained MMA fighter will clean the clock of a boxer as they are far more well rounded.
And as far as your evil cock fight bullshit go's in the last 100 years or so there have been over 900 boxers killed in the ring, so you can take your ignorant sanctimonious BS and shove it up your keester.

And you are completely wrong. MMA fighters are every bit the "sportsman" that boxers are, more so in point of fact as they don't generally intentionally cause unnecessary injury whereas many boxers will.

And you are completely wrong. MMA fighters are every bit the "sportsman" that boxers are, more so in point of fact as they don't generally intentionally cause unnecessary injury whereas many boxers will.

Fragile little pansies find their tender little sensibilities shocked because they don't understand what what they are looking at.

So most of the country doesn't watch movies? Who knew?

There is a difference between watching movies and actors thinking that somehow this gives them the right to tell the rest of us how to live our lives.
Ever heard of the First Amendment, Marty? You don't seem to have any problem telling me how to live. Or trying to.

Have you seen me in any way try to silence these people through government action? I am SAYING they should shut their traps, not DOING anything to force them to shut their traps.

Criticism and telling them to shut their pie holes and act is not censorship.

And why ARE you doing that, if you believe as you imply, that they have a right to an opinion?

A right to an opinion does not mean a right to have in unchallenged, or the right to not be told to maybe they should shut their yapper.

When it isn't backed up with any action, it is merely an opinion on an opinion.

"Challenge" is an entirely different action from "shut your pie hole".
So you didn't, and apparently can't, answer the question.

I have no idea why Meryl Streep would want to pick a fight (pun intended) with the MMA crowd last night.

“And if we kick ’em all out,” she said of all of the international stars, “You’ll have nothing to watch but football and mixed martial arts, which are not the arts.” The idea is, without all of the diversity present in Hollywood and at the Globes, we’d all be left with Trump and his supporters watching football and mixed martial arts, apparently the hobbies of the modern-day neanderthal.

Meryl Streep Was Dead Wrong About MMA In Her Golden Globes Speech

Clearly, Streep has never watched a UFC fight or set foot in an MMA gym. It's probably the most ethnically diverse place I've ever been. We have white guys, black guys, Asian guys, middle eastern guys, and women who train at my gym. Some were actually born in Brazil, Africa, Asia, and eastern Europe.

Streep's remarks further illustrate the isolated Hollywood bubble these people live in and precisely why their elitist disdain for middle America cost them the election.

what was she wrong about?

or do you want to pretend that dumb Donald didn't mock a disabled journalist?

I guess it matters to come of us (not you) that he's a vile and disgusting person.

Fragile little pansies find their tender little sensibilities shocked because they don't understand what what they are looking at.

awwwww....poor baby....

no one says you can't say all the stupid, bigoted, hate filled things you want to.

but you're going to get called on it by decent people.

now pretend I'm a bigot and throw insults around. :cuckoo:

I have no idea why Meryl Streep would want to pick a fight (pun intended) with the MMA crowd last night.

“And if we kick ’em all out,” she said of all of the international stars, “You’ll have nothing to watch but football and mixed martial arts, which are not the arts.” The idea is, without all of the diversity present in Hollywood and at the Globes, we’d all be left with Trump and his supporters watching football and mixed martial arts, apparently the hobbies of the modern-day neanderthal.

Meryl Streep Was Dead Wrong About MMA In Her Golden Globes Speech

Clearly, Streep has never watched a UFC fight or set foot in an MMA gym. It's probably the most ethnically diverse place I've ever been. We have white guys, black guys, Asian guys, middle eastern guys, and women who train at my gym. Some were actually born in Brazil, Africa, Asia, and eastern Europe.

Streep's remarks further illustrate the isolated Hollywood bubble these people live in and precisely why their elitist disdain for middle America cost them the election.

what was she wrong about?

or do you want to pretend that dumb Donald didn't mock a disabled journalist?

I guess it matters to come of us (not you) that he's a vile and disgusting person.

Oh Look, another know it all who didn't bother to read my comments

Well, it has been proven that it doesn't work in Israel.

Forum List

Back